It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham forest, "Ancient Aliens" episode 30.12.10 and binary numbers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
OK, here ya go...

52 degrees 09' 42.532" North
13 degrees 13' 12.69" West

for whatever it's worth...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Just looking on Google Earth in that area, and wow there are some really interesting shapes down there. Also to the west of it, near "Porcupine Bank" there's a gigantic grid pattern in the sea floor.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4cd8749a651.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I don't see how an island could rise to be seen, from a 2000-feet depth. And searching the sea floor there would require a towed sonar, because it's too deep for scuba diving.

Anyone know the level of UFO/USO activity reported for that area of the Atlantic? Is it disproportionally higher than surrounding area?

edit on 12/31/2010 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

A couple in the general vicinity . . . .

www.waterufo.net...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this up OP, I was wondering if ATS would pick this up.

I'm pretty sure I have the episode on DVR.

But the message was about humanity's exploration and something about earth advancing.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The relevant episode is now on Youtube at:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I'll embed these videos below:

The Rendlesham "message" is discussed in the first few minutes and the last few minutes of the episode, i.e. near the beginning of Part 1 and near the end of Part 3.

After watching the episode, I looked online for information about the chap (Nick Ciske) that used a computer to generate the "possible message" from the binary code.

The first search result offered by Google (at the link below) is a tool for encoding and decoding binary code:
nickciske.com...

Mmm. This is relevant to one of the questions below (Question 4). You may be particularly interested in the answer to that question.

I contacted Nick Ciske about his work on the "possible message" and asked him a few questions. He was kind enough to answers them all.

The questions I put (and Nick's answers) are below.

Isaac : (1) Could you possibly outline how the "possible message" that appeared on your computer screen was generated?

Nick Ciske : 1. I used the same convertor I have on my site. [Isaac - see link above]

Isaac : (2) The "possible message" you generated appears to be in English and I wonder if the receiver (and sender) would also have to be aware of any local/human conventions as to the translation of binary code into alpha-numerics (along the lines of the ascii convention)? If so, that would be relevant to the apparent suggestion by one of the other individuals interviewed for the documentary that binary code could be used as some sort of universal language.

Nick Ciske : 2. Yes, you'd have to start with an English message. Binary is far from a universal language. I know I talked about that, but it may not have made the episode (I haven't seen it yet). [Isaac - that bit did not make it into the episode and the documentary gave the opposite impression by only showing the bit from the other researcher I mentioned in my question]

Isaac : (3) In the documentary, in the frames before the display of the "possible message", your computer screen appears to show "decodes to" followed by several lines of characters. What are those lines?

Nick Ciske :3. That's the raw decode of the binary.

Isaac : (4) Could one of the online tools relating to binary code (including one that you appear to have developed) have been used in reverse to translate the relevant "possible message" into the binary code?

Nick Ciske :4. Yes, that's exactly what my tool does, and the most plausible explanation for how the message was generated. [Isaac - This view was not shown in the documentary. Indeed, Nick's comments as shown in the documentary implied that it would be difficult for somone to generate the relevant text. Nick is shown as saying "Could someone write out 6 pages of binary? Well, probably not. They would need some help or they would have to be some sort of savant or super calculator."]

Isaac : (5) Finally, you apparently typed up the relevant pages of binary codes. Is that typed up list of numbers available to others?

Nick Ciske :5. Sorry, the producers have asked me not to share it.

I have some questions about various others involved in that episode, but want to wrap up those points in a wider look at the Rendlesham incidents. I just need to find the time for that...

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 31-12-2010 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Nick Ciske : 2. Yes, you'd have to start with an English message. Binary is far from a universal language. I know I talked about that, but it may not have made the episode (I haven't seen it yet). [Isaac - that bit did not make it into the episode and the documentary gave the opposite impression by only showing the bit from the other researcher I mentioned in my question]

This is what bugged me when I watched the show. I've always thought of the rendlesham incident as one of the most genuine incidents, so I don't know why they decided to avoid the fact that the binary would have had to have been converted from english first. I don't think that asking that question would have destroyed the credibility of the witnesses, it's just something that should be figured out. If the aliens knew english, then why bother converting a message into binary before giving it to an english speaking being? I guess one answer could be that the message wasn't intended for him, but who knows?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
I don't know why they decided to avoid the fact that the binary would have had to have been converted from english first.

There were many obvious questions that were not answered (or, indeed, even asked) about the "message" in this episode.

Incidentally, others have previously suggested that the "Ancient Astronauts" series is somewhat biased. For example, in the discussion of the piece about the Dogon "mystery" that I wrote a year or two ago, several people referred to an episode of that series which covered the same ground but failed to mention some of the relevant facts.

James Oberg commented on that episode at the link below.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

James quoted "DoomsdayRex" as saying that "Being TV series, Ancient Astronauts should have some sort of research staff and yet a single post on the internet, written by one guy, was more informing and factual than their TV show. The information was as readily available to them as to IssacKoi, yet they chose not to make the viewer aware of it. Someone is lying to their viewers" and commented as follows:

Excellent observation, and a reasonable supposition.

Here's my explanation:

Commercial sponsors LOVE shows that specifically ATTRACT judgment-impaired viewers who will believe ANYTHING they are told. This means more sales of the sponsoring agencies' goods and services.
The more gullible and disbelief-suspended the audience, the higher the profit.

These advertising strategists have concluded that viewers of UFO and ancient astronaut programs are exactly the kinds of marks they are looking for to invest their money in reaching.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 31-12-2010 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The answer to the question of why the Rendlesham Forest aliens did not transmit a message in English is obvious: If they had, the outside world, when it became publicly known, would have dismissed the alleged communication as a fabrication by the American soldier who claimed to touch their vehicle. By putting the text in binary code (all six pages of it!), the aliens created a piece of evidence for the truth of the military man's claim, for even a skeptic would have to admit that it is highly unlikely that this man would have bothered (even assuming he was capable) to write down such a long chunk of text in binary code, whereas any message in English would have been straightforward to write and be valueless as evidence.

The aliens evidently wanted the guy to tell the world about his encounter (hence the dreams, later, to remind him) and provided evidence for it in a more intriguing form in order to make people pay serious attention to his story.

Which is what we are now doing.
edit on 31-12-2010 by micpsi because: typo corrected.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I saw the episode and I must say I found it rather interesting that a message received 30 years ago wasn't decoded until October of this year. The other thing I dislike about the show is definitely biased. That one guy was sitting there talking about how bad extraterrestrials could be at there and share no morals. He even referred to how there are good and bad people on this planet and how the universe has a balance of yin and yang. Then later on they talk about how we can possibly make portals and have teleportation etc etc. I didn't see anyone post the actual code only the coordinates so here it is.

EXPLORATION [of] HUMANITY

52" 09' 42.532 N
13" 13' 12.69 W

CONTI [NUOUS]

FOR PLANETARY ADVAN [CE]

I mean I guess it can't hurt to go looking at the island that sunk because we might just find something.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Isaac : (4) Could one of the online tools relating to binary code (including one that you appear to have developed) have been used in reverse to translate the relevant "possible message" into the binary code?

Excellent question. Unfortunately, these TV shows often short cut the available facts, sometimes for dramatic license and sometimes due to time constraints. Of course, even if the message written was actually deliberately prepared for the binary translation, the location involved, the Atlantic Ocean, it certainly is a curious choice, and one that I find most compelling.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Good work Isaac excellent thread

I was aware that a Rendlesham reunion was planed but unaware it had happened , so thanks for the info.
This latest claim stretches the story to far in my opinion , I feel the History Channel may have a hand in the creation of this alleged data download incident story , as you yourself suspect , the History Channel has cut this program to follow the agenda they have for the series , which is probably to get another series out of it .

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well I missed a lot of episodes, did they ever cover the "MANNA FROM HEAVEN" story? It's a thin kind of unleveaned bread that kept the Jewish people alive those forty years in the desert. I think this would make for an interesting episode, seeing what they have to say on that show.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Um...

I put the co-ordinates into Google and got this:

Google Search

It only has three results:

this thread
a list of stars with links to NASA
and a model of global climate change.

I think the disclosure made may be a palimsest code that could decode to hundreds or thousands of pages.

What is at those co-ordinates if read as celestial co-ordinates?! The Eye of the Great Bear. Input 52 09 42.5 13 13 12.6 into Google Earth Search The Sky Location Search tab.

edit on 31-12-2010 by Chakotay because: for the Halibut...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stigup
I didn't see anyone post the actual code only the coordinates so here it is.

EXPLORATION [of] HUMANITY

52" 09' 42.532 N
13" 13' 12.69 W

CONTI [NUOUS]

FOR PLANETARY ADVAN [CE]

Thanks Stigup.

In terms of the binary code which was purportedly used to generate the "possible message", that code is not currently available in full.

However, a member of another forum ("happytohelp" on the UFO Research Network forum) has been very quick off the mark and already had a very good crack at capturing it from the screens shown in the documentary in a thread entitled "Binary numbers" at the link below:
uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com...

"Happytohelp" and the moderators of the UFO Research Network forum have kindly permitted me to repost that work here.

The discussion of that "possible message" has become rather disjointed. I'm currently trying to follow discussions on at least 3 different forums and also on several email discussion lists.

I'll post a link in the relevant thread on that forum to the discussion on ATS of that work.

Hopefully, this will reduce the amount of reinvention of the wheel and make any further discussion more efficient.

(a) Extract from post by "happytohelp" in the relevant thread on the UFO Research Network forum in Reply #57 (today at 2:28pm):

Trying to capture and decode what was shown on Ancient Aliens.

They show a full page around the 5:30 mark.
This is what I found.

01010101010011110101010101010011010100011001001111 = "U=UMFO"

01010010010100000100110001000001010011100100010101010100010000010101001001011001 = "RPLANETARY"

I had to hack the last one to come up with anything readable.
On screen....
01000001 01000100 01010110 01000001 01001110 00011100 10001001 00001

close with modification....
01000001 01000100 01010110 01000001 01001110 01000011 01000101 01000100 = "ADVANCED"

2nd Page 6:30 mark.

This next one is clear as day because there are pauses in the writing that help determine where the groupings of 8 started.

on Screen..
010001010101100010100000100110001001111010100100100000101010100010010010100111101001110010011110100011101001000010101 010100110101000001010011100100101

my breakdown...
01000101 01011000 01010000 01001100 01001111 01010010 01000001 01010100 01001001 01001111 01001110 01001111 01001110 01001000 01010101 01001101 01000001 01001110 01001001 01010100 01011001 = "EXPLORATIONONHUMANITY"

There is one more letter I can get as the page pans off screen.
00111000 ="8"

(b) Extract from post by "happytohelp" in the relevant thread on the UFO Research Network forum in Reply #62 (today at 3:50pm):

After studying this more I realized that its easier to decode by reading the pauses as they were written.
In Binary the 0 and 1's are bits. 8 bits make a byte. Several places they writing is grouped in eights. So, it's vital to get the scanned copies and not just the transcript.

I am confident that it's EXPLORATION ON HUMANITY instead of EXPLORATION OF HUMANITY.

It would also be helpful to understand this handful of questions.

How fast the numbers were given?
Where there pauses, or Spaces if visualized?
How Certain is James that they were accurately recorded?
One space shows it scratched out, why? Was it a mistake?
Was it lines and a circles or a ones and a zeros?
Were all bits the same height? Were any larger?

Nick Ciske's decode is a good one, but maybe I can help him flush out a little bit more. Once I see the whole context it might be that there were no errors and that would mean there is more to the message. I will visually decode the scans and share so that I can offer the decode to be scrutinized.

(c) Extract from post by "happytohelp" in the relevant thread on the UFO Research Network forum in Reply #71 today at 6:08pm

Nick Looks like a young lad. He might not know how some punch card registers used to be be able to recite binary one letter at a time. There is a pattern to it and the pattern is based on the English alphabet.

The code that Nick uses is based on standards that were set in 1986. 6 years after the event.

There are similar binary codes that this can be compared to that should decode more. If I see the pages in full context I am sure I can figure it out.

My first guess is that its EBCDIC. This Binary was used from the 50s and 60s but military computers used this through out the 70s and into the 80s.

I would love to talk to Nick about this and maybe work with him on the new decode.

I found his email and sent him a message.

So, the work by "happytohelp" suggests (if that work is correct - and I hope some members of ATS can weight in here) that the conventions used to encode the relevant binary message were not adopted until after 1980 - which would imply either:

(a) as has previously been suggested by Jim Penniston, the Rendlesham incident involved a visit by time-travellers (see this page of Ian Ridpath's website).

(b) or the relevant binary code was not written down until years after the event, i.e. the claims to that it was written shortly after the event are a hoax.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I watched this episode. With all due respect to the guy that wrote down the binary code, I call BS. He waits 30-years to mention/release the binary code he allegedly wrote down 30-years ago. That merely gave him 30-years to create the message that any grade school computer user could accomplish. I enjoy the Ancient Aliens series, but that part is beyond ridiculous....not to mention the Randlesham Forest incident is far from "ancient".

my 2-cents

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Well I missed a lot of episodes, did they ever cover the "MANNA FROM HEAVEN" story?

The first season and episode of Ancient Aliens, entitle "The Evidence", talks about the Manna Machine.

Here are the youtube clips:

I believe part 5 and 6 talks about the Manna Machine.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

The message, if I can remember correctly, said something along the lines of "Further exploration of human race necessary for planetary development."

I wonder if this is identical to what the binary recording spelled out or if similar characters were found and the message was molded into this? Also, the man that was shown analyzing the code was simply titled "internet/binary code expert"....seems like a lack of credentials (then again, I'm sure we all know plenty of people with all the credentials in the world and don't know a thing).

I find it hard to dispute the fact that more than one ex-military officer could fabricate these stories.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hi, Issac Asked me to post what I was finding out.
I copied down the binary from the screen and started working on my own decode.
It Looks like Nick is using ASCII Binary. This standard wasn't available until 1986. The Binary numbers appeared to James in 1980. So, I would expect that there is a lot that Nick couldn't decode. From what I am seeing the message is EXPLORATION ON HUMANITY instead of EXPLORATION OF HUMANITY.
I was also able to pull out the word "ADVANCED".
I think what is going on is that the Binary is based on a Binary that was used for Punch Cards something like EBCDIC this would have been used from the 50s till the 80s on Large mainframes that were very commonly used for military use.

Context is everything for example, take this sentence fragment and compare.
EXPLORATION OF HUMANITY.
or
The impact of Space and Planetary Exploration on Humanity.

We need the original scans and to put the decode online for peer review.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join