It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham forest, "Ancient Aliens" episode 30.12.10 and binary numbers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by stigup
I didn't see anyone post the actual code only the coordinates so here it is.

EXPLORATION [of] HUMANITY

52" 09' 42.532 N
13" 13' 12.69 W

CONTI [NUOUS]

FOR PLANETARY ADVAN [CE]

Thanks Stigup.

In terms of the binary code which was purportedly used to generate the "possible message", that code is not currently available in full.

However, a member of another forum ("happytohelp" on the UFO Research Network forum) has been very quick off the mark and already had a very good crack at capturing it from the screens shown in the documentary in a thread entitled "Binary numbers" at the link below:
uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com...

"Happytohelp" and the moderators of the UFO Research Network forum have kindly permitted me to repost that work here.

The discussion of that "possible message" has become rather disjointed. I'm currently trying to follow discussions on at least 3 different forums and also on several email discussion lists.

I'll post a link in the relevant thread on that forum to the discussion on ATS of that work.

Hopefully, this will reduce the amount of reinvention of the wheel and make any further discussion more efficient.

(a) Extract from post by "happytohelp" in the relevant thread on the UFO Research Network forum in Reply #57 (today at 2:28pm):

Trying to capture and decode what was shown on Ancient Aliens.

They show a full page around the 5:30 mark.
This is what I found.

01010101010011110101010101010011010100011001001111 = "U=UMFO"

01010010010100000100110001000001010011100100010101010100010000010101001001011001 = "RPLANETARY"

I had to hack the last one to come up with anything readable.
On screen....
01000001 01000100 01010110 01000001 01001110 00011100 10001001 00001

close with modification....
01000001 01000100 01010110 01000001 01001110 01000011 01000101 01000100 = "ADVANCED"

2nd Page 6:30 mark.

This next one is clear as day because there are pauses in the writing that help determine where the groupings of 8 started.

on Screen..
010001010101100010100000100110001001111010100100100000101010100010010010100111101001110010011110100011101001000010101 010100110101000001010011100100101

my breakdown...
01000101 01011000 01010000 01001100 01001111 01010010 01000001 01010100 01001001 01001111 01001110 01001111 01001110 01001000 01010101 01001101 01000001 01001110 01001001 01010100 01011001 = "EXPLORATIONONHUMANITY"

There is one more letter I can get as the page pans off screen.
00111000 ="8"

(b) Extract from post by "happytohelp" in the relevant thread on the UFO Research Network forum in Reply #62 (today at 3:50pm):

After studying this more I realized that its easier to decode by reading the pauses as they were written.
In Binary the 0 and 1's are bits. 8 bits make a byte. Several places they writing is grouped in eights. So, it's vital to get the scanned copies and not just the transcript.

I am confident that it's EXPLORATION ON HUMANITY instead of EXPLORATION OF HUMANITY.

It would also be helpful to understand this handful of questions.

How fast the numbers were given?
Where there pauses, or Spaces if visualized?
How Certain is James that they were accurately recorded?
One space shows it scratched out, why? Was it a mistake?
Was it lines and a circles or a ones and a zeros?
Were all bits the same height? Were any larger?

Nick Ciske's decode is a good one, but maybe I can help him flush out a little bit more. Once I see the whole context it might be that there were no errors and that would mean there is more to the message. I will visually decode the scans and share so that I can offer the decode to be scrutinized.

(c) Extract from post by "happytohelp" in the relevant thread on the UFO Research Network forum in Reply #71 today at 6:08pm

Nick Looks like a young lad. He might not know how some punch card registers used to be be able to recite binary one letter at a time. There is a pattern to it and the pattern is based on the English alphabet.

The code that Nick uses is based on standards that were set in 1986. 6 years after the event.

There are similar binary codes that this can be compared to that should decode more. If I see the pages in full context I am sure I can figure it out.

My first guess is that its EBCDIC. This Binary was used from the 50s and 60s but military computers used this through out the 70s and into the 80s.

I would love to talk to Nick about this and maybe work with him on the new decode.

I found his email and sent him a message.

So, the work by "happytohelp" suggests (if that work is correct - and I hope some members of ATS can weight in here) that the conventions used to encode the relevant binary message were not adopted until after 1980 - which would imply either:

(a) as has previously been suggested by Jim Penniston, the Rendlesham incident involved a visit by time-travellers (see this page of Ian Ridpath's website).

(b) or the relevant binary code was not written down until years after the event, i.e. the claims to that it was written shortly after the event are a hoax.

All the best,

Isaac

Don't rule out that this could have used a common binary code of the time frame and that Nick's Decode is a little off.
This might actual make something that would be more credible. Like matching the Ink to the correct time frame.

I have speculations on the account. However, the questions I asked for about would help shed light on that.
Don't want to add speculation at this point.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I am very familiar with the allege code and the meanings of the exploration on humanity. Numbers alien abductee's have reported vast medical documentation of the human race (for reasons unknown) After the Roswell crash, it was documented (in the book Day after Roswell) that a binary signal was either intercepted or sent to Earth. Again, the content was unknown.

However, I am suspicious that the binary code is only recently being disclosed and was never mentioned in the Rendlesham incident original reports. Quite skeptical.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I am very familiar with the allege code and the meanings of the exploration on humanity.

Hi infinite,

It may be that I'm being a bit dense due to imbibing too much Christmas spirit this fine New Year's Eve, but can you clarify a couple of points:

(1) When you say that you are "very familiar with the allege[d] code", do you mean that you had seen it before the documentary was broadcast?

(2) What meanings of "exploration of [or of] humanity" are you familiar with?

All the best for the New Year,

Isaac

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

The discussion of that "possible message" has become rather disjointed. I'm currently trying to follow discussions on at least 3 different forums and also on several email discussion lists.

This problem has become worse overnight...

Incidentally, one of the relevant witnesses (John Burroughs) has made some comments on the reaction to the documentary and the purported message on the Rendlesham Incident Forum at:
rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This whole story is defiantly fishy. What the hell is actually going on!!? Who do you believe!!! Rendelsham, in my opinion, was one of the most interesting cases, although I've grown tired of hearing about it over the years. It does surprise me that it took so long for these binary codes to surface, and the message certainly does seem hokey. I'd love to believe this. But my common sense tell me its all a load of crap.

How can they expect information like this NOT to be picked apart by people not willing to accept everything just spoon fed to them, how gullible do they think we are? JB's attitude is incredibly ignorant and defensive if you ask me! And Frank from the forum you posted from IssacKoi makes very valid points. I'll need to keep and eye on this one.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Smugallo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2011 by Smugallo because: Typo's!!

edit on 1-1-2011 by Smugallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

(1) When you say that you are "very familiar with the allege[d] code", do you mean that you had seen it before the documentary was broadcast?

Well, yes. There was a similar incident in which an individual was given a binary code. But there are reports of several codes being in the hand of government agencies.

(2) What meanings of "exploration of [or of] humanity" are you familiar with?

Humanity is someone's experiment. And we are regularly monitored to evaluate our "development" and the sustainability for the Earth, too. Some researchers have argued that the "greys" were completely separate from our creation and have their own mission in studying the human race.

Alien abduction cases highlight an alarming trend of "hybrids" being created with the DNA of the "greys", which has lead to the following scenarios;

A) A different host planet will be colonialised with this new hybrid race

or

B) It will be introduced into the Earth's population

Are you familiar with the phrase "genetic harvest"?

Our "creators", if you wish to use that term, are reported to keep a close distance from us and are apparently not involved in the alien abduction phenomena. I'm sceptical on the suggestion that the "creators" will return in 2012, which some have interrupted the Mayan prophecy of their gods returning to Earth. If we were created by an advance civilization the chances are that a small group were left on Earth to monitor us (in secret)

All the best for the New Year,

You too

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
My son accuses me of always pointing out the obvious and I know I'm fixing to be guilty here again, forgive me, but

Binary is a language that is easy to produce- you have 2 states, on and off.
English is a language that might not be easy to transfer via a touch of a hand to a machine via some sort of machine to human neural interface.

That may be why the 'language' was English as transmitted in binary rather than English in and of itself- a matter of practical communications interfacing.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

This is so pathetic. I was a believer in the randleSHAM incident until this latest ancient aliens show. First of all why was this code never mentioned? Why has there been inconsistencies about touching the craft? Watch the bug rotary book club conference and listen to his testimony. No mention of code. Also I have seen him talk before and he never had detail on the craft or that he touched it. If this really happened then why lie or have so much inconsistency ??? I am leaning towered the whole thing being phony. Believe me if you had a message and you already broke rank to go public why the hell would you leave that out ? Why would you be on record as not mentioning details on the craft and saying HEY I TOUCHED IT? Something is rotten in Denmark. Wake up people!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deltamist

Too true, in the link that IssacKoi provided, some users of that forum believe this whole incident harms the credibility of the case. I have to agree with them I'm afraid. I'd like to see how this one pans out in the long run.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Why was it in English, well because it landed in England? It would be pretty stupid if it tried to write Chnese in binary in England to a yank. Give the intergalatic travellers some intelligence.

I also wonder about the time it took to come out, but what if he had this stuff in his head and didnt know what it meant until he learned something about binary and realised what it was that was keeping himself awake at night.

However, I just read the link from Isaak and the guy getting really angry at someone who challenged him, not a good look.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
There's a tendency for witnesses in the spotlight of ufology to slowly add layers and dimensions to their accounts thjat weren't there in the beginning. That Penniston has been on the circuit for some years without prior mention of this communication is cause for caution.

If he's had the message all this time, why not discus it sooner? If it's a recent creation, what would the motivation be?

I can think of a particular group of British UFO aficionados who will be laughing loudly at this...and who can blame them?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

As I slightly hinted at before, his claim is nothing new - some studies concluded (or, more appropriately, believed) crop circles could be deciphered using binary numbers. If an advanced civilization wanted to communicate with us, it is more than likely that the universal language of mathematics would be used.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns
Why was it in English, well because it landed in England? It would be pretty stupid if it tried to write Chnese in binary in England to a yank. Give the intergalatic travellers some intelligence.
Then why was it in binary and not in Roman characters, as used in England?

Why add two extra steps to know what the message was?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

True enough. The mechanical transference, by telepathy, of a message in English that had been translated into binary seems quite inefficient...overly elaborate?

Coordinates can be expressed in simple numerals which adds even more confusion to why the above approach was deemed necessary. It's almost as if this elaborate process/scenario was dreamed up by an average human intelligence...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by MisterBurns
Then why was it in binary and not in Roman characters, as used in England?

Why add two extra steps to know what the message was?

Because the aliens want to provide more evidence of their existence, and it would not impress anyone if they merely transmitted a message in English using the alphabet that was familiar to the messenger, as many would then dismiss the message as having been made up by the American. Putting their communication in binary code made it much harder for skeptics to dismiss the soldier's claim, which is what the aliens wanted.
edit on 1-1-2011 by micpsi because: typo corrected

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

This would be more plausible if binary translators hadn't been available on the internet since day one. Likewise, the idea itself (proof of concept) was first used in that crop circle with the Grey alien and the message about 'portal closing.'

If they had transmitted a message in mathematical code that was only later cracked by a mad professor of Oxford, they may well have achieved their goal.

Unfortunately, their method was only as sophisticated as the imagination of an average human. Then again, perhaps the delivery was pitched at the level of the recipient? We'll never know.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoangkongfuey

Is that where they think the bread/manna came from. I will watch later everyone is asleep now from partying lol.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The last episode was so bad it was embarrassing. I have never seen anything like it before outside sattire. From the beginning to the very end, it was like a thread on ATS speculating what X could be; everything from multidimensional stargates being the Ark to music composers (and anyone who has believed they were contacted by a divine spirit) being influenced by extraterrestrials, to that binary code all of a sudden being decoded only a few months ago when it could have been done decades ago at the latest....

That was the single most damaging TV production against UFOlogy I have ever witnessed. It was as if the producers purposely sought the most outlandish and sensationalist opinions on the subject and recorded them. If it didn't have production values, like I said, it'd be something akin to reading on one of those crazy threads
edit on 1-1-2011 by Shino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just wanted to put a few thoughts I had on this "code" This is purely speculation on my part, as it couldn't be anything else simply due to the topic here in. If this UFO wasn't piloted by a biological entity, but was perhaps a remote controlled device for lack of better terms, there are many reasons a code was implemented rather than a straight forward statement or mathematical equivalent. No, I don't believe it was to give credibility to there existence, if that was the goal they'd land at the White House. If, as an extraterrestrial I sent a message to another world, but in my language, I'd obviously want it translated to the simplest form of expression. So programmed into this craft is a universal translation program with parameters to locate the local primitive language and relay the message in simplest terms to the inhabitants. If this craft came into contact with say, one of our satellites which is easily understandable, and in doing so came to the realization that a computer code was relaying the information, it could easily think this would be a readily understandable form of communication. It may not have realized it was only being converted into binary for the computers and that the end users were using alphabet (English in this case). So upon contact it merely relayed the message in the language it found being used in most of the world, let's face it the US and UK have many more satellites than the rest of the world, all using the same alphabet, thus the same binary code. The message was relayed as the craft was programmed to do, in what it thought to be the most widely understood language of the planet.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
These coordinates would make sense. As Western Ireland has Geological evidence of Tsunami damage all across its coastline. As with the instability off the Norwegian Coastline under its sandbanks, its entirely possible this part of the Atlantic could have suffered a catastrophic "slip" sometime in the past few million/thousand years, leading to the under-ocean delta we see today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join