It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Specific Topics Get Deleted Quickly/Suddenly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just checked new posts and i came across this video in a post

www.disclose.tv...

it needs a username and password so here it is :

username: indeed12
password: indeed123

after watching the video, i refreshed the article and it was gone, why do specific topics get deleted?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ac647

Read the ATS terms and conditions for more info

www.abovetopsecret.com...
In this case it was probably a repeat post, Or trolling maybe.

(But then again you didnt specifically say "Here on ATS", so you could be talking about another website in which case i have no idea)
edit on 23/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Because they overly moderate the forums here. I suppose I understand why....though I don't think I agree with it.
edit on 23-12-2010 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

Its hardly over moderating! They delete trash from the site to stop it getting clogged up, And they do a pretty good job of this

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Despite the music i don't think the video is garbage - it actually looks real w/e it is, im just confused why it was deleted seeing as there were no responses except one with a poem that i should have saved lol,

and yes it was here on ATS when you click new topics, i accessed that link and it was deleted in a few minutes

this video was not a repost,
edit on 23-12-2010 by ac647 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Being honest i don't think ATS is over-moderated.

ATS is quite fair really, despite a few minor grievances, i've almost always received fair answers and most of my questions have been answered by Mods.

For instance: The alternative substances forum, there was once a time where discussions about drugs was conidered taboo, but now as long as it's discussed maturely and nobody is advocating personal use, then the subject can be discussed.

The same with any subject really.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ac647

Did you receive a U2U telling you it was deleted, or a U2U at all? It is possible that the topic was moved to a different forum group, but not sure if the original link still works in that case... though I should, I have had enough of them moved on me

edit on 23-12-2010 by esteay812 because: Can't speel and not smart enough to proof-read, but I have the problem pin-pointed, next step is .......

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
this topic was deleted, and it was not moved or repeated once before,
i'm not sure why, because nothing in it pertained to anything immature, or misleading,
it only had one post which was a poem,
none of this answers the question to why it was deleted as quickly as it was made,

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ac647

Maybe carefully review the T&C to see if their is anything there that might explain it? You could also try U2U'ing one of the moderators of the forum group it was deleted from. Not sure what else to do to find out why some are deleted while other similar threads are not... wish I could help more, but I am sure some of the pros here can help out more than myself.
edit on 23-12-2010 by esteay812 because: Same reason as above post, but still working on step 2

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
John Lear used to be a member and post here frequently. But things got heated a few times and he left. He stated that ATS was moderated by the CIA. I don't about that, but I remember him saying that on a radio show or Youtube vid. I hope I didn't *snip* anybody off, I'm just saying.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This thread has approx 10 mins before self detonating IMO

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
John Lear used to be a member and post here frequently. But things got heated a few times and he left. He stated that ATS was moderated by the CIA. I don't about that, but I remember him saying that on a radio show or Youtube vid. I hope I didn't *snip* anybody off, I'm just saying.

Ahhhh the CIA: Every conspiracy theorists scapegoat

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ac647

(Whispering)"It's the PTB" SHHHHH.
No really, it is!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
yeah i dont really look into UFO videos much, but this one made me go WTF, then i click back and its deleted

im just shocked at the types of answers i get, i hope the member who posted it reads this, all i remember is a red dragon/lizard member picture ha.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I dont see whats so special about the video, its just a montage with paul hellyer & Bush snr talking, nothing that hasnt been seen a ton of times

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
its the footage after they speak, ignore the music

and now someone has changed the password to the video.....now anyone who wants to view it cannot,
whoever changed it please provide link of the video with the password,
edit on 23-12-2010 by ac647 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ac647

So..... do you think that this video was real and it was taken off of ATS because TPTB or some other type of policing agency removed it? Possibly because of it's validity and the release of the video was really one that slipped through the cracks? Seems like what you are insinuating a bit, I just want to clarify what you think could have caused it to be removed?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

i'm just wondering why someone would change the password already,

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
got no response from any adminstrator from U2U

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ac647

Honestly all this isnt worth getting your knickers in a twist over

new topics