It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 312
<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I was reading that article about a company that has come up with a way to recycle fracking water. I thought it was very interesting that texas was going full forward with fracking considering what Arkansaw has been though.

I too wonder if these quakes are related to fracking
All three very shallow
edit on 20-10-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
San Antonio, TX just had a 4.6 earthquake. Nothing serious, but it's creepy that this is very rare.

Anyone in the area feel it?

link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Not daft idea at all! My friend and I have been saying this for a while.....like "If you don't do as we say we will 'rattle' your country into submission!"....just look at where some eq's happen and what's going on in those countries? Sometimes a eq or two crop up somewhere and I can't help the thought "Now who have they upset?"
Have you seen this about volcanoes? You'll have to scroll down to bottom of interview, although it's not long and makes interesting reading anyhoo!
www.npr.org...
Rainbows
Jane

link   
reply to post by lllTRONlll

Ummmm... Tron... What's your point? We know about that quake. It's what we are discussing right now.

Did you see my post HERE? It's 4 posts above yours: you know, the one with its title in bright yellow?

Mike

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Not sure if this image will show up.

Below is the link to the image and story of Texas seismic activity in the last 100 years or so. The image is also with a mag greater than 4.5.

www.texasalmanac.com...

www.texasalmanac.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Hi Jane,

while it makes a great conspiracy theory, has any solid, scientific information been presented as to how another nation could cause quakes from afar that target specific regions? I mean, we are talking about large amounts of energy. It's not like they can just zap a region with some kind of beam and no-one in the area would notice. It would also require that they'd likely know far more about the geomorphology and seismology of the target area than the scientific researchers in the target country would. No good just zapping places at random. They'd need to hit areas that are seismically unstable enough that they'd let go.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that I have not found any evidence that it's doable at this time.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

San Antonio shows that it's less likely to have anything. That was very strange.
San Antonio also had a tornado a couple of weeks ago, and that was rare as well.
Mother Nature is surely making a statement.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think this quake very well could be related to oil/gas exploration.

This link is to a google map of the "fashing field" in the Edwards formation

Zoom in and compare this location to the USGS earthquake location.

Fashing field, as presently defined, is 10 mi long and 2 mi wide. The field is in the deep Edwards fault trend and extends from the southeast corner of Atascosa County to the northwest corner of Karnes County, approximately 50 mi southeast of San Antonio, Texas.

Momentum Oil & Gas purchased the mineral rights to some of this area in June/July 2011. Link
edit on 10/20/2011 by Olivine because: typo

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That is excellent info! Thank you very much for sharing it!

It certainly shows that quakes of this size are by no means common in this region.

On the other hand, it also shows that they are not unknown -- and I doubt that there were nations that had the technology to zap that region and cause quakes back in the 1920s.

PS: starred your post. Want people to notice it and see those links!!

Mike

edit on 20/10/11 by JustMike because: PS added

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

I am inclined to go with TA. Tectonic.

AIND.HV..HHZ.2011.293

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yeah it makes one wonder....for sure. Our leaders really seem sinister.

As for the link,...Thanks girl, I saw that link and read it strangely enough when I was looking at ALL activity the Earth was experiencing before or after the New Madrid blew in 1811-1812 and Mount Tambora blew a couple of years after, if I am not mistaken.

With the Texas EQ I am sure fracking is the cause, although I am researching now to find out for sure but it does seem like it would be the cause as I don't think that area has witnessed an EQ there before... Would love to know for sure though.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

San Antonio News on Earthquake

This is all we have for now.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

,Use satellite map and zoom in the point on the map and you will see

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Hi Jane,

while it makes a great conspiracy theory, has any solid, scientific information been presented as to how another nation could cause quakes from afar that target specific regions? I mean, we are talking about large amounts of energy. It's not like they can just zap a region with some kind of beam and no-one in the area would notice. It would also require that they'd likely know far more about the geomorphology and seismology of the target area than the scientific researchers in the target country would. No good just zapping places at random. They'd need to hit areas that are seismically unstable enough that they'd let go.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that I have not found any evidence that it's doable at this time.

Best regards,

Mike

I too concur. There is no evidence to suggest it is possible but I for one believe in all possibilities. I have no idea how they could pull off such a thing but who is to say they can't. It boggles my mind so I don't let the thought reign for long.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

You bet your bottom dollar it is. Whilst the imagery is out of date on GE there are pads all over that area and some are definitely fracking pads with water sumps.

Hell even the road running through it is called "Oil Peoples Road"

The facility appears to be a geothermal plant - I can't think of any other reason for the cooling on the top of the buildings which look just like a ......... mm nuclear facility ..... no geothermal plant. I doubt they are grain driers as they are in the wrong position. The problem is the picture is not good quality - fuzzy at close quarters.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Jane,

I just googled, "does usa have seismic weapons" and a lot of reading came up...check it out for yourself. With any information I know one must take it with a grain of salt. It is crazy to think it is possible, but it is. And if the possibility becomes a notion that brings forth truth to it.....it is indeed CRAZY!

There is no way to know for sure unless all hell breaks loose from the EQ's and blame starts flying from one country to the other. Time will tell all.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Tambora little known? The volcano that caused Europe to have the year without a summer? 1815 is a year engrained in my brain, and not just because we whooped the Frenchies, or because of ABBA

[ RANT ]
Maybe in Yankee land but it might come as a BIG surprise to some no brained parochial American media that there actually is life outside the US. Whilst I am venting, what about the American media saying Europe's finances will bring American banks down when the American banks caused it in the first place with their crooked derivatives and credit default swaps.
[ / END RANT ]

reply to post by JustMike

Except of course for that Yankee fella Tesla trying to hit the Confederate States!

Oooh! I feel so much better!

ETA:
reply to post by MamaJ

I know one must take it with a grain of salt

Try "the contents of a salt mine"

edit on 20/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So ....... this makes me real uneasy that we allow something like this all the time even when we can obviously tell the Earth does not like us exploring and digging around injecting liquids into the depths of her.

What is man doing to our given right at life on Earth? Why fool around with humanity like this?

One word comes to mind......... GREED!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here is a graph of the magnitudes for Hawaii using the much improved display from the latest version of my program which will be released later today.

and ETA - 2 years of Mag 3+

Bear in mind this is "Pan Hawaii", i.e. not the specific currently active part.

And now I have the Lat and Lon, the specific area arounf Mauna Kea

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

So what are your thoughts in regards to the activity in Hawaii....normal?

I would think so...but just want to make sure there is not something else we should know about said activity.

new topics

top topics

<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join