It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Myth about Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Introduction

I think these 5 Myths need to be addressed once and for all, regarding Islam, because it seems some are continuously using them here in ATS and expect others to answer it every time.

Myth 1: 72 virgins in Heaven

Myth 2: Kill all the infidels

Myth 3: Take over the world through forceful conversions

Myth 4: Death Sentence to apostates

Myth 5: Extra Tax on Non-Muslims

So here it is.

Myth Number1 (72 Virgins)

This line, "72 virgins", has been used many times to explain suicide bombings. The idea is that if you die in "Jihad" you will go to heaven and receive "72 Virgins".

This is false.

When you die, you don't go straight to heaven, you will wait until the judgement day, and you will be judged just like everyone else (Muslim and Non-Muslim).

No where in the Quran does it say that you will receive 72 Virgins when you enter paradise.
How ever, it does say you can have what ever you please, that means anything you want. When you are in Paradise, you can wish for what ever you please, hence you still have "free will".

So where does the idea of 72 virgins comes from?

It is from Hadith, here is the specific Hadith:

"It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham 'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard Muhammad saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a.

en.wikipedia.org...

The truth is, that in Paradise you can have what ever you wish, 72 virgin is just one option, which is not even from the Quran, so it is uncertain.

What does Quran say about heaven?

“There will be for them therein all that they wish,- and more besides in Our Presence” (Quran 50: 35 Translated meaning )

www.nicheoftruth.org...

Myth number2 (kill all the infidels)

This Myth has been used to explain the murder of innocent non-Muslims.

This is not supported anywhere in Quran.

Infact contrary to the claim, Islam opposes the murder of innocent, whether they are Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Atheist...

Usually critics use this verse to explain how Islam supports the murder of infidels:

Noble Verses 9:28-29 "O ye believe! Truly the pagans are unclear; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear povery, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, For Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, from among the people of the book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Let us look at Noble Verse 9:5 "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

What are the above verses talking about?

The above verses are talking about those idolaters who broke the treaty with Muslims. If you read the whole chapter, you would see what this means in context.

Now read the same chapter, from start:

9:4 (Asad) But excepted shall be [4] -from among those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God - [people] with whom you [O believers] have made a covenant and who thereafter have in no wise failed to fulfil their obligations towards you, and neither have aided anyone against you: observe, then, your covenant with them until the end of the term agreed with them. [5] Verily, God loves those who are conscious of Him. -

This is from the same chapter, setting the context. The above verse is clear, that the later verses are talking about those non-Muslims who have broken their treaties with Muslims and those who are openly supporting others to attack Muslims.

The command to kill infidels in verse 9:28-29 has conditions, the condition is war. Wars also has conditions, the condition of war is when treaties are broken, or you are attacked, and removed from your land, or if they are supporting others to attack you.

If you read the chapter 9 from verse 1 on, the context will be develop on its own.

Here are some Verses which completely opposes the murder of non-Muslims:

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. (The Noble Quran, 5:32)"

This verse is talking about Muslims and non-Muslims.

"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8)"

This verse is talking about non-Muslims. It is evident that non-Muslims are not the enemy, non-Muslims have good and bad amongst them. Just like Muslims, who have good and bad amongst them.

To say that Islam calls for the murder of infidels is absurd, as evidence suggests.

Myth Number3 (take over the world through forceful conversions)

This is a Myth, Islam does not allow forceful conversion. This should be easily proven false by one verse.

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 2:256)"

You can't force the world to convert to Islam, the only option Islam gives to Muslims is through education.

Myth Number4 (death sentence to apostates)

They claim that Islam supports the death sentence of apostates.

This is false, because Quran teaches us to leave those who believe then disbelief. No where in Quran does it say to kill apostates.

What do they use to support their myth? They use the actions of certain Muslims. What do those Muslims use to support their actions? They use what their forefathers did in the past. It has nothing to do with Quran.

Noble Verse 3:90 "But those who reject faith after they accepted it, and then go on adding to their defiance of faith never will their repentance be accepted; for they are those who have (of set purpose) gone astray."

It is evident, in the above verse which talks about apostates, but nowhere does it say to kill them, the faith of apostates are in the hands of GOD, not in the hands of men.

Noble Verses 15:2-3 "Again and again will those who disbelieve, wish that they had bowed (to God's will) in Islam. Leave them alone, to enjoy (the good things of this life) and to please themselves: let (false) hope amuse them: soon will knowledge (undeceive them)."

As I said previous, that the faith of apostates are in the hands of GOD, not men. The above verse states that we should leave those who disbelieve alone, let them "enjoy the good things of this life".

It is evident that death sentence to apostasy is not supported by Islam and Quran.

Myth Number5 (extra tax on non-Muslims)

This is a myth which claims that Islam orders its followers to impose extra tax on non-Muslims.

This is False.

Yes Islam orders its followers to impose different tax on non-Muslims, but that doesn't mean extra tax.

Muslims who are the citizens of Islam pay their TAX according to their faith, but non-Muslims who live amongst Muslims do not have to pay those taxes, therefore they must pay a different TAX, hence Jizya.

If Muslims pay tax, but non-Muslims don't, then it would be unfair.

To make it easier to understand I will relate this to US.

US citizens pay TAXES, if non-US citizens (who live in US) don't pay TAXES and still get protection under US military, and gain the advantages of US infrastructure, and US as a whole, that wouldn't be fair at all to American citizens.

In the above sense, Jizya is not an extra TAX imposed on non-Muslims. It is rather a different TAX imposed on non Islamic citizens.

------------

Thanks for your patience.

oz
edit on 18-12-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Thank you!!! I'm so tired of the anti-islamic attitude many Americans have taken after 9-11. Especially when 90% of them know nothing about it other than they're Arabs and they wear towels on their heads...

The vast majority of Muslims condemn the actions of the terrorists on 9/11.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
myth number 4: "those who wish they had bowed."

so, basically, those that didn't convert.

Seeing that I've seen debates where islamic clerics refuse to answer the question of "is the sentence for leaving islam death?" I have reason to doubt your point.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by imperium1984
myth number 4: "those who wish they had bowed."

so, basically, those that didn't convert.

Seeing that I've seen debates where islamic clerics refuse to answer the question of "is the sentence for leaving islam death?" I have reason to doubt your point.

"They wish they had bowed. Leave them alone"

That is what it say.

What does it mean? It is talking about the after life.

They will regret it in the judgement day.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
According to your quotes, those who spread mischief in the land can be killed. I suppose spreading Christianity is called spreading mischief. Anyway, Christians are being killed by the numbers by Muslims today. I think that it is a fair question from a predominantly Christian country that is stabilizing democratic rule in Iran and Afghanistan: why are you killing them?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
As a schizophrenic I can tell you who and what wrote the Quoran,I recognise the author.
Sorry its not worth a moment of cognitive thought.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Myth 2: Kill all the infidels

have look here in the Koran 2:191-2 Massive fail Oozy!

Myth 5: Extra Tax on Non-Muslims

its called Jizya. it may not happen now but it once did! So proven not to be myth! massive fail again!

Myth 4: Death Sentence to apostates

The Koran says they will be punished by God. However these peoples lives are made hell for their opinions!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Personally, I don't believe in any religion. Nor do I believe in some magical fairyland called the "afterlife", "heaven" or by any other name.

Roman gods stopped being worshipped.
So did the Greek ones.
And the Egyptians.

Basically, religion is a fad that changes it's face from time to time and the sheep follow along killing all those who don't tow the line.

Myths or no myths, take away muslim nutbag extremists out of the equation and exactly how many terrorist attacks would occur on a yearly basis? Not very many to worry about.

And don't give me the "it's because of the Iraq war" or whatever, a true peace loving religion would simply have no offence in return and the World would stand up against the aggressors. But no. They start chopping heads off and claiming Sharia law.

What a crock.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Good post S&F........

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the post mate, i was beginning to think that Ats was becoming an Anti Muslim site.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
According to your quotes, those who spread mischief in the land can be killed. I suppose spreading Christianity is called spreading mischief. Anyway, Christians are being killed by the numbers by Muslims today. I think that it is a fair question from a predominantly Christian country that is stabilizing democratic rule in Iran and Afghanistan: why are you killing them?

Mischief means destroy the peace.

If there is peace in a society, then someone comes a long working to destroy the government through terror is mischief.

Spreading Christianity is not regarded as mischief, as Quran specifically says to leave them alone.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It is a well known fact that Islam - which means to submit, bases itself on a very ancient theology.

The children of Ishmael worship the same G-d as the children of Isaac.

Allah, is derived from the Aramic "Elah" which is mentioned many times in the book of Ezra and Daniel. This in turn is derived from the Hebrew Elohim.

The 72 virgins is also rooted in kabbalistic cosmology.

There are 72 legions beneath the shekinah, or Allah. (which is feminine). These are allegorized most probably as virgins. As when one dies, you dont really look forward to having sex.

Nonetheles, radical islam is a real problem, and should be a very big concern to all true G-d fearing muslims.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by imperium1984

Myths or no myths, take away muslim nutbag extremists out of the equation and exactly how many terrorist attacks would occur on a yearly basis? Not very many to worry about.

Almost 100 million people have been killed by Atheists, don't blame religion for it please.

And terrorist attacks happen everyday, without Muslims even being involved.

Last I checked a man in Japan went on a terror spree, stabbing everyone who he saw in buses.

It is unfortunate that terrorism doesn't only apply to those with big beards, turbans and long robes.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The 72 virgin is also in the Bible.

Just to add.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

"terror spree" I hate that.

It used to be someone went nuts and killed people... Now, they are a terrorist or on a terror spree.

I think we can say that terrorism is attempting to enforce a political or religious idea through the use of attacking civilians.

So.... barring the usual islamic nutbags that we see so much of. What were the last three you remember?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

"terror spree" I hate that.

It used to be someone went nuts and killed people... Now, they are a terrorist or on a terror spree.

I think we can say that terrorism is attempting to enforce a political or religious idea through the use of attacking civilians.

So.... barring the usual islamic nutbags that we see so much of. What were the last three you remember?

Yeah, the word terror which is somewhere inside the word terrorism doesn't mean anything right?

It is terrorism, when you terrorize people, for what ever reason that maybe.

For you to add politics to it, then the last three is the drone attacks in Pakistan.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

okay then... same rules apply.

ALL the roadside bombs in iraq and afghanistan.
ANY bombing attempt made by someone of islam.

Seriously, to argue that islam is peaceful is just dumb. All religions have rotten eggs, sure. But when you get such a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) amount of people worldwide screaming bloody murder in the name of their god... You HAVE to admit that it's hard to see the religion as anything but peaceful.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

okay then... same rules apply.

ALL the roadside bombs in iraq and afghanistan.
ANY bombing attempt made by someone of islam.

Seriously, to argue that islam is peaceful is just dumb. All religions have rotten eggs, sure. But when you get such a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) amount of people worldwide screaming bloody murder in the name of their god... You HAVE to admit that it's hard to see the religion as anything but peaceful.

The number is extremely small.

The thing you forget, most of it happens in war torn countries, yeah, did you check out what happened in Congo? Oh, naah, that can't be terrorism because they are not Muslims.

If you actually count the number of non-Muslim terrorism and magnify it in the News, Muslim Terrorism will vanish from the radar.

It is called propaganda mate, learn the art, just read Hitler's books and speeches. Reading actually helps mature your view of the world.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Ok...

let's look at some recent terror attacks then...

2010.12.17 Afghanistan 14killed Fourteen members of the same family are taken apart by a Taliban roadside attack on their minibus.

2010.12.16 Pakistan 1killed A child is left dead after Sunnis throw a grenade into a funeral procession.

2010.12.15 Pakistan 3 killed Sectarian Jihadis gun down two brothers and a child.

2010.12.15 Iran 41 killed 83 injured Forty-one Shias, including women and children, are blasted to death in their own mosque by a Sunni suicide bomber.

2010.12.15 Afghanistan 3 killed 9 injured Three children are disassembled by fundamentalists, who hide a bomb on a bicycle.

thats only the last four days.

Shall we continue?

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by imperium1984

Oh all right then...

Attacks for 2010 ONLY

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

and 2009 ONLY

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

I won't go on to list all the way back to 2001 (when the source started being collated).

I'm sure you get my point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join