It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Muslims/Islam on ATS - where does it come from?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I also live in New Zealand, and I'm a Muslim, and I'm an Afghan.

Many Muslims in New Zealand, Kiwis are happy with us, and we are happy living along side them.

It is a great relationship.

The rest of the world, they are succumbed by hate.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
Does this (largely American) hatred and fear of Islam and Muslims come from fear (after 9/11), ignorance or from the kind of propaganda that Fox News is so famous for...

Well, I welcome you to my neck of Europe. I'm Norwegian, but I'm raised in the U.S. since I was around three years old. I grew up with a myriad of friends, nearly each with a different background and culture. Then I felt a calling *home*, a place I (nor my family) had been for well over 20 years.

I came to Norway as an American raised in a Multi-Cultural society with mind open. And it didn't take long before I quickly found out that not every country is meant to be a multi-cultural society. I also realized, that the cultures of my friends back home, didn't mesh with everyone. That they could be quite extreme and hateful...

The first year went by, I spoke Norwegian although you can tell it wasn't my native tongue. In other words, although I was Norwegian, this place wasn't really home. How right I ended up being.

The place my parents and grandparents spoke of, a safe country where you could go on vacation and forget to lock your doors but not worry about it was long since gone. A country where rape was virtually unheard of wasn't there anymore. A place which you could walk the streets at night without fear of being killed or at very least, mugged and beaten up was dead.

In 1987, Norway opened it's doors to mass-immigration. Since then, the social world of Norway has been in a decline. Rape spree's committed by Somali-Muslims in Oslo, the elderly being beaten up by Arab-Muslims became the norm.

Not but two weeks ago, a friend of mine was attacked by two Arab-Muslims with a knife. He's an ex special forces soldier, so they didn't get what they want. They were arrested and it hit the news.

This wasn't Norway. Not before it opened it's doors.

The Norwegian piggy bank has been replaced with a "non offensive" square(ish) one because Muslims were offended. The two biggest gangs in Oslo which have the police scared is... You guessed it, run by immigrants. Namely, Muslims.

So you tell me, why do people "hate" as you put it, Muslims? Well, could it be because unlike you, we see the real side of what's going on? Our culture is being eroded and replaced with Islam. Our women are being raped because like the Somali-Muslims so nicely put it, "They're like dogs in our culture. And raping a dog means nothing." Unlike you, I've been met face to face with pure, unadulterated Muslim hate. Have you ever been asked if you enjoyed the "gift Islam gave?" (Referring to 9/11.) I have.

So, why don't you open your eyes and see what's going on around you instead of just in front of you? The world isn't peachy keen and filled with candy canes.

Even little backwater towns in Norway are seeing a sharp rise in violence. Bergen's police department released a year statistics report on crime, which showed that the majority of violent crimes were committed by immigrants, and most immigrants here are of the Muslim faith. They were told by the Norwegian government to take back the report.

Here's a documentary on Youtube about a white Norwegian boy who's bullied because of it at school and around his home.

You can find the rest of the series to your right on Youtube.

Rape...

Welcome to Sweden...

But instead of opening your eyes and watching the videos as well as do some research on your own, you'll probably just lash out in ignorance and call me a hateful ignorant racist. (Or maybe not.)

But I don't blame what's going on today on just Islam. Our government needs to take responsibility in the mess they've made.

On another note, a Muslim has just been arrested for bomb threats here.

Norway was your quaint little neighborhood. I mean that literally. If a murder happened, it'd be on the news daily for weeks (and even months). Now? No one blinks an eye. Rape didn't happen. Not like today. All this just because Norway opened it's doors to MASS-immigration in 1987. (My point is, I'm not against immigration, just cultural genocide known as mass-immigration.)

And before you say, "Oh but it's because they're poor"... Guess what, not the case. Foreigners here get a TON of help both monetary and other to live here. Many get a "start package" so they can go buy themselves a home. There's plans being drafted for apartments in Oslo to be GIVEN to immigrants with a smaller, attached apartment they can rent out to earn "extra money". It's also been discussed that Norway will be giving them all a drivers license for free. (Which costs around 5000 U.S. here!) It's gotten to the point that ethnic Norwegians are getting fed up with the special treatment immigrants get.

I know several people who have taken out loans just to get through school who are now working their butts off trying to repay everything. People like them are the ones being really hurt. They work hard to get a good life, something many immigrants get FOR FREE here.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Vicky32

I also live in New Zealand, and I'm a Muslim, and I'm an Afghan.
Many Muslims in New Zealand, Kiwis are happy with us, and we are happy living along side them.
It is a great relationship.
The rest of the world, they are succumbed by hate.

Possibly because NZ has not been subjected to bombs with dozens of innocent people killed by terrorists operating in the name of Islam and then 100s/1000s of muslims freely parading down their streets with banners supporting the terrorists

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gogs247

Possibly because NZ has not been subjected to bombs with dozens of innocent people killed by terrorists operating in the name of Islam and then 100s/1000s of muslims freely parading down their streets with banners supporting the terrorists

Why hasn't NZ been bombed>?

It is an easy target isn't it?

Be-careful, I might shatter your miserable fantasies which is orchestrated through your hate.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The hatred and hostility you speak of comes straight from the HEART!!

Hatred is needed. There are no redeeming factors about Islam.

People deserve what they get! Some more than others.
edit on 17-12-2010 by TheManipulator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Why hasn't NZ been bombed>?

It is an easy target isn't it?

Be-careful, I might shatter your miserable fantasies which is orchestrated through your hate.

Hate? I have no hate for muslims. I have served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I hate terrorists not muslims. I've also served in Northern Ireland where the terrorists were Christian - do I hate Christians too? No

If you had ever learnt to read you would have realised I was talking about perception. No-one cares about terrorists, be they christian or muslim until they are affected themselves. When it comes to the populace, then when a significant proportion of a country's ethnic minority population - for example muslims speak out and demonstrate in support of the terrorists then the rest of the population tend to change their attitude towards them.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
reply to post by angrydog

your post here is ignorant for your last words prove that ,and please provide detail to your "EXPERIENCES " with Muslim people ?

i dont need to proof anything to you
..i just wrote down my opinion and i had 38 years to learn how they act..
and well..if i could push a button..i would do it...normally im a sweet person

sorry you dont need to like everyone on the world...

edit on 17-12-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i dont normally get involved but people are pissed off if a christian kills people in the name of god he will be denounced as a loony. but if a muslim does it nothing ... ever. if there are any true mohammed/allah who believe in mohammed it originates from the bible so were all in the same game

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

dont look at us for hate maybe some muslims need to rise to your level nothing personal towards you.
much appreciation

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
It comes from the fact that we know what they are up to.

They are on a take-over-the-world mission, and presently they are winning.
They already have Britain nailed down and are working on Europe.
Next it will be the US.

ever stop and wonder if maybe its GOD? no no that cant be ,so their is one big conspiracy to turn everyone Muslim?
*****God? You are kidding. This "god" is nowwhere to be found and according to the literature hasn't been around for thousands of years. It should be obvious that all the action currently taking place is BY HUMANS!

They come here and they want us to change our ways to suit them.
They should all go back where they came from.

really dude ? so when has their ever been a Muslim campaign to change your ways?

******They are complaining all the time. They want us to do away with our Christmas Tradition because it offends them. They want Sharia Law. This sort of thing is in the news all the time. Where have you been?

Also we are angry that they complain that our traditional ways offend them and they want us to bend to their likes. Currently it is our Traditional Christmas that offends them. And so many businesses do not put up Christmas Trees nor decorate their strees. And it is not PC to say "Merry Christmas" andy more.

Oh Where Oh Where are Ferdinand and Isabella when we need them?

wow well i guess ill just stop complaining about them darn Christmas trees ?
but let me ask you why would Christmas offend them ? they dont hate christ ,infact the believe he was a prophet ,and they honnor him , so what was that you were saying ?

*****I have no idea why they don't like Christmas Trees, but it is a fact that they have complained about them and other of our Traditional Christmas decorations resulting in their removal. Christmas Trees. the Lights and other decorations have Nothing to do with Religion. They are symbols of the Winter Solstice Celebration that predates "Jesus". Take note; His name isn't and never was "Christ".

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hate? I have no hate for muslims. I have served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I hate terrorists not muslims. I've also served in Northern Ireland where the terrorists were Christian - do I hate Christians too? No

If you had ever learnt to read you would have realised I was talking about perception. No-one cares about terrorists, be they christian or muslim until they are affected themselves. When it comes to the populace, then when a significant proportion of a country's ethnic minority population - for example muslims speak out and demonstrate in support of the terrorists then the rest of the population tend to change their attitude towards them.

Every tree has bad fruits, to judge the whole tree based on its bad fruit is absurd.

If the majority of the tree is bad fruit then I would understand, but from what I see, the extreme majority of Muslims are law abiding citizens who don't bother anyone.

I blame the media, you blame terrorism.

You know terrorism exists in every society, it isn't isolated and surely isn't a Muslim thing.

Terrorism has roots, it usually rises through injustice, oppression or war.

People in the Middle East regard American bombings of Iraq and Afghanistan as terrorism. After all people were terrorized.

I agree, perception, but it doesn't justify the hate shown towards Muslims. General hate can never be justified. I won't hate you because your brother murdered my brother.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Every tree has bad fruits, to judge the whole tree based on its bad fruit is absurd.

If the majority of the tree is bad fruit then I would understand, but from what I see, the extreme majority of Muslims are law abiding citizens who don't bother anyone.

I blame the media, you blame terrorism.

You know terrorism exists in every society, it isn't isolated and surely isn't a Muslim thing.

Terrorism has roots, it usually rises through injustice, oppression or war.

People in the Middle East regard American bombings of Iraq and Afghanistan as terrorism. After all people were terrorized.

I agree, perception, but it doesn't justify the hate shown towards Muslims. General hate can never be justified. I won't hate you because your brother murdered my brother.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This ATS Not an Islamic, Religious forum to promote your [SNIP] religion and hatred of women.

in Islam Woman
-Woman Have No Freedom

Look at those Protests why are there always Male and Not Females?

-Woman are Slaves in there own Homes have no rights the husband can hit her wife.

-Woman don't know what Man are doing to there own kids.

-If Women try to escape they will be killed or punished.

In Islam hatred Spreads like a Bloom

Islam gives No Right To Minorities.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2010 by projectvxn because: MOD EDIT - Keep it civil

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

please provide proof that they are campaigning to force the world into shariah law ? its funny to me you sound like they are forcing people to be Muslim , ?? i was never forced ? and do Muslims go around knocking on doors to get people to convert? no no they dont but do other religions do this ? yes yes they do ..sure does sound like they are taking over the world my good man , and Jesus was they christ was he not ? ...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

is that right ? does that not go on every where els in the world ? sure it does ,but since they dont apply to any religion its no big deal right ? their are some things i do not agree with ,i infact believe that the woman should be treated as a living godess every second of the day ,for if it were not for woman would man even be around ?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

is that right ? does that not go on every where els in the world ? sure it does ,but since they dont apply to any religion its no big deal right ? their are some things i do not agree with ,i infact believe that the woman should be treated as a living godess every second of the day ,for if it were not for woman would man even be around ?

Placing the whole world treasure next to your mother's foot is not enough.

It is unfortunate that a mother is a woman, or the anti-Islam fan club would be on it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

i would like to quote from the Quran but i havent the time ,but my i ask you ... if they state clearly that he was a messanger of god and they say he was a prophet ,and they honor him many times in the book , why would they hate him ? keep in mind that Mohammad was the last prophet with a new testament so he is held as a bit more important ,but if you have read the quran you would know that neather Mohammad or Jesus comes before you and god

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
muslims rarely excede 3% of the population they work on fear the hindus hate them an i mean extremely but we mix them up work out whos hindu because they are true humans, where as the muslims ripped off our bible and proclaim it and preach it as their own those who believe in the quran are the miss guided fools and once we stand and they are isolated we tear their silly book for the fraud it is

in the word from history mohammed didnt agree wit the religeons of the time, (who did) and he was most certainly a barbarian, mindless no doubt and always will have the peadophile possibilty with his 12 year old wives
edit on 17-12-2010 by nonetruegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
For some "enlightened" to suggest that a hatred of Islam, or more specifically Muslims is due to lack of knowledge is 180 degrees out. It's those who don't know squat about Islam and Muslims that have the lack of knowledge.

No other religion in the world teaches world domination until all the world is Islam, and that jihad is the means to accomplish it.

No other religion in the world teaches to kill all others except them.

Just because every Muslim is not killing is also addressed in both the Qur'an and the Hadith, suggesting that those who refuse do so because they don't know what's really good for them, and that they are not good Muslims.

Look, Muhammed was a murdering, pillaging, raping, looting, incestuous pedophile, and made the rules up to meet his need of the moment or to justify his actions - and THIS is the basis for Islam.

You need to study - not just read - but study it before you go making claims about how peaceful Islam is, how there are similarities between Islam and other religions.

Read multiple translations of the Qur'an, so you'll more clearly understand what was said.

Read multiple translations of the Hadith for the same reason and you'll be shocked.

Don't ask me why they should be hated.

The question is, "why not?"
edit on 17-12-2010 by FarArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
You are not alone,
But to be totally Honest,
All sides of the argument...
(Christian,atheist,Muslim,Jew,new age,etc,etc.)
come, for the most part from a place
Rooted in Foolish Pride and arrogance,
An illness all us human beings are born with.
But, I still think there's hope !
Maybe, one day we can put those things aside...
and just LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
That, in my humble opinion is the only way
we will defeat the darkness that keeps us all from being ONE.

Peace,

My Christian belief isn't foolish pride or arrogance, because, in the final analysis, I'll give it up in a heartbeat (as an exlusive, divisive thing) in order to love as I am loved, since nothing else matters in the final analysis at the end of the day.

But please, do not call me a an arrogant fool for believing in such a love, that hurts, and is unneccessary. Thanks, and God Bless!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join