It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just been outed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yep its' true-- I voted for President Obama, so what? This was a big secret between me and Rod until Rod told Weber Marks my local N.R.A. leader guy. Now old Marks is gonna tell all of our hunting club buds and the WORM is gonna be the laughing stock of Campbell county

Yeah I voted for Obama-- I thought he was a nice fella, ya see. What's wrong with that? Give the kid a chance I thought. Problem is most people know me as a Republican and how much I hate liberals. Big whoop, cant' a guy change his mind once in a while?

So what do ya think gang?

Thanks,
Ronnie

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Worm,

Nothing wrong with what you did.
Dont have to toe the party line all the time, you made a decision, stand behind it, even if you are questioning it now 2 years later.

You are no different than most D's in that respect.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

I am afraid I have lost all respect for you sir.

well not really, but that sure did sound good. Obama was the turd sandwich and McCain was the Giant Doush.
We never really had an option. Don't be hatein on the worm.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Thanks for yer reply, buddy. Glad somebuddy understands.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

well no offense but..voting for someone on the premise "give the kid a chance" or "he seemed to be a nice fellow" is irresponsible voting..those are 2 things I would never consider to sway my vote..perhaps you should have been a tad more informed before doing so..you voted for the worst candidate on a whim...thanks..you deserve what you get."I voted for Obama because I thought he was a nice guy"..lol..wow...uniformed voters are enemies to the American people.Perhaps next time you'll actually research the candidates running..so we don't wind up with an illegal alien as president hell bent on destroying the democracy of this country..well done sir..you made your bed...now lay in it..and again no offense i'm sure you're a "nice guy" but by your merit alone..you don't get my vote.see how easy that is.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
At least you're not alone, a lot of people that normally wouldn't voted for Obama.

If all else fails just say you were drunk.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous73

well no offense but..voting for someone on the premise "give the kid a chance" or "he seemed to be a nice fellow" is irresponsible voting..those are 2 things I would never consider to sway my vote..perhaps you should have been a tad more informed before doing so..you voted for the worst candidate on a whim...thanks..you deserve what you get."I voted for Obama because I thought he was a nice guy"..lol..wow...uniformed voters are enemies to the American people.Perhaps next time you'll actually research the candidates running..so we don't wind up with an illegal alien as president hell bent on destroying the democracy of this country..well done sir..you made your bed...now lay in it..and again no offense i'm sure you're a "nice guy" but by your merit alone..you don't get my vote.see how easy that is.

Hey now, he never said that was the only reason he voted for him. Take comfort in the fact that both parties are shills anyway. Let's not be naive about the choices we're given.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous73

Listen big boy I dont' take kindly to your tone

edit on 16-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Next time you go to an NRA meeting turn up wearing an Obama TShirt and tell them to shut the hell up!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by inchworm
Yep its' true-- I voted for President Obama, so what? This was a big secret between me and Rod until Rod told Weber Marks my local N.R.A. leader guy. Now old Marks is gonna tell all of our hunting club buds and the WORM is gonna be the laughing stock of Campbell county

Yeah I voted for Obama-- I thought he was a nice fella, ya see. What's wrong with that? Give the kid a chance I thought. Problem is most people know me as a Republican and how much I hate liberals. Big whoop, cant' a guy change his mind once in a while?

So what do ya think gang?

Thanks,
Ronnie
Aww nothing to be ashamed of there. I too am in Kentucky and voted for Obama. Big deal. Hang in there, let them rib on ya, and wait for your turn. Your buds will do something soon you can make fun of them!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous73

Um no its not irresponsible. This is a free country. I have voted before, on basis of good looks. Why? Because it did not matter who is in there, so why not have the best looking jerk instead of an old ugly? ANY reason for a vote is a VALID reason.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thats a good idea, guy!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Oh my god, what is wrong with some people. Really. As if Obama made the crisis in Amerika. Ok, Ok, he has made it. But if McCain got President it would be exactly the same, and anybody voting McCain would be wrong today. It is alway the same because the President doesn't decide what his country is doing. The Goverment and also the President are controlled by money. And Money is controlled by... lets say... someone else (this isnt the right topic to talk about this)

You could also argument that the fact that you could vote for him already showed that people trusted in him. My god even in Germany there was a big Obama-Euphoria. And they can't even vote. But it was sure that such behaviour would cause many people to think "Even in other countrys they want obama, so maybe we should just vote for him, just this one time".

It is easy for anyone to say "You're an idiot. You voted wrong" years after in happened. Nobody could have been right, so there are always this "idiots". And the crowd trusts the one who is charismatic and looks nice regardless of his political skills.

@Nebulous73

If you would have done any research, you wouldn't have voted for anyone as a sign that you're against this system that is controlled by money. If at any time people stop to vote, the system would lose his legitimacy and then something would change. This is why they always say "go vote, or you can't change anything". This kind of thinking is the problem. The different candidates in the election aren't opponents. They work together to keep up the illusion of choice which you, sir, don't have.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Worm...there is nothing wrong with switching it up every now and then. I'm a liberal...and I can't even imagine pulling the lever of a conservative...but that's just me.

I don't know if we are born liberal or conservative...if it's genetics and some people just tend to stick to one side...or if things during our childhood affect our leanings.

But I have no problem with people who want to switch it up sometimes...just don't tell me I should try...I just don't see anything in the conservative platform that is attractive to me. And if you want to go back to being a conservative...no one says you can't...I know a lot of people who have experimented with switching sides and found out it wasn't for them.

Hats off to you for coming out and admitting it. I know conservatives are usually very religous people...and sometimes they think voting for the other side goes against gods will. But we are all gods children...don't you think he would be happy with whoever we vote for...as long as it makes you happy?

And come on...a young, eloquent, attractive black man like Obama....who didn't want to Vote for him? Some people just care too much about what other people think. I bet some of you conservative friends are secretly wishing they could be as open as you are with their political views and just give the other side a shot.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Your better than most. Party minded people are the reason this country is so messed up. The constant bickering back and forth over Republicans versus Democrats. Its petty, and never solves any issues on anyone's agenda.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hello Inchworm, I enjoy your posts/threads.

Gotta say I am extremely disappointed after reading the title of this one though - I thought we would finally get the goods...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not sure what yer talking about, friend.
Maybe yer head is still in the old gutter, huh?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I never voted after all these years. Thats one secret that I will share here today. Maybe because I was usually in some other country besides the US.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Makes sense, soldier.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeasantRebellion
If all else fails just say you were drunk.

Hey that's a good one bud
(And probably true hardy har har

top topics

<<   2 >>

join