It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Opens Fire During School Board Meeting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Sorry I can’t help you then. I was only going on assumption, I did not look that close at the video. Just trying to give you a logical explanation.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

But what if they all had guns and he pulled out a water hose?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
When you have strong emotions, which everybody does for at least something, your going to at least think about shooting somebody out of anger or hate. However, you don't know which people are willing to make it a reality.

Just my opinion

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have watched most of the videos everyone has linked to. Thanks to those that did this.

I observed, as did someone else here, when he brought the pistol up and pointed it at the first man, he then moved it to the right, as if to miss on purpose.

I believe he did miss on purpose. Now the last two shots he fired to his left, I don't know if he was trying to hit, or miss.

I know I counted at least 13 shots in one of the videos.

For the people that say we should ban guns......Maybe we better ban axes.....screwdrivers.....knives......hammers....swords.......clubs......cars......anything flamable....or can make an explosion

Poison........chemicals.......duct tape(could be used to suffocate someone).....garden tools....or anything and everything that could possibly hurt someone.

I wonder why in the areas of the US where gun ownership is the highest......crime is the lowest......

And all these utopias where guns are banned are the killing capitals of the nation?

This man could have just as easily gone into that room with a bottle of gasoline and burned all those people to death.

Maybe we should ban stupidity.....and mental problems......and hatred.....and evil

That's not possible......That is why we need the ability to protect ourselves....and those we love.

If these sick bastards knew someone would drop them like a rock at the first sign of a gun being pointed at someone

then maybe....just maybe they may think twice.......In my opinion it is better to be safe than sorry.

How would you feel if some psyhco herded up a bunch of people in a store...or resturaunt...or movie theater and just randomly started killing people.......and you had nothing to stop it........If I only.....If I only.....If I only

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

I guesse the swat guys just couldn't get there in time...

The security guard/retired detective was there the whole time but didn't shoot clay until he already got two shots off... clay could of if it was his intention staged a massacre (im glad it didnt happen) but they are painting this guy like his sole intent was to kill... I'm pretty sure that was not the case.... He had way to many oppertunities to just shoot everyone on site... alex jones is discussing this now and the whole V for vandetta gig.
edit on 15-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
no you dont ban guns you arm the people to defend themselves. if that woman was armed, like she and everyone else on that board shouldve been, that guy wouldve been shot in the back and it wouldve ended right there. instead, she hits him with a purse and almost got herself killed.

read the constitution back to front. dont like it? please MOVE TO #ING CANADA!
edit on 15-12-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

How would you feel if some psyhco herded up a bunch of people in a store...or resturaunt...or movie theater and just randomly started killing people.......and you had nothing to stop it........If I only.....If I only.....If I only

Would he be using a gun by any chance?

everyone should have guns, so you can protect yourself from guns.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The problem with everyone having a gun is simple..some people simply are off balance. What could have been a simple fist fight due to looking at some guys girlfriend randomly, suddenly turns into a shoot out.

in a ideal world where everyone was sensible and rational, then sure, everyone can have a gun without endangering things dramatically...however, in a ideal world, there would be no need for guns anyhow.

A person going nuts and reactively shooting someone is not pondering the rational of pulling a gun while surrounded...they are thinking "put holes in that person for reason X"...and not much more.

Things are never a simple answer. the "oh, just give everyone a gun" is just as dumb as "just ban all guns" mindset.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

Would he be using a gun by any chance?

everyone should have guns, so you can protect yourself from guns.

Yes. If a nut wants a gun the nut is going to find a gun. It doesnt matter which law you put in place. Guns will always exist and when guns exist people who want them bad enough will get them. The only defense to this is to not take them away from sane people .....why the # would you? We should be training these people to defend themselves not turning them into defenseless sitting ducks attacking people with their purse.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The guy was obviously not all there and had a loose screw. But why does it have to be a conspiracy theory? I understand that's the point of ATS but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have to take the position that control is pointless.
It would ONLY effect those sane people who wish to own a gun to defend themselves.
Criminals will always find ways to obtain firearms.

All gun control will do is garuntee that the general public will be unarmed when someone does show up with a gun.

Guns do not kill people,people kill people.
And if not by guns,than through some other method,knifes,fire,etc..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Yes, he did draw the "V" on the wall. You hear him draw it and that's what got everyone's attention at the beginning of the video...why would he draw it? Because he's nuts...yes, there are people out there who severe from mental issues. ATS is full of them sometimes.

Let this one go, folks. The guy snapped and that's all there is to it.

Sometimes, it happens.
edit on 15-12-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
Ummm, in my opinion.

Having the majority of Americans walking around with a gun on their person in todays fear plagued society, isn't necessarily a good thing.

I can just picture it now.

"Excuse me Sir have you got the time?"

*guy reaches into his pocket to pull out his cell phone*

*BANG!!*

The reason why people walk around in a "fear plagued society" is because only the bad guys are armed. If the good guys were armed just as well as the bad guys, and gun safety and training was a school course that told us how to deal with firearms from a young age and to fear the man instead of the weapon, we'd be vastly better off. If the good guys are raised to be as competent as the bad guys (probably more competent since bad guys tend to be much less intelligent, bumbling fools) and are armed just as well, the bad guys don't stand a chance since we outnumber them vastly.

But let's keep supporting legislation to take guns away out of blind fear. It's not like the actual meaning of anti-gun legislation is to make the average American more defenseless so we have excuses to expand our police force, military and limit the individual's ability to protect and take care of themselves to rely on further imprisoning government services. Oh wait...

Could you imagine if the Jews were armed just as well as the Nazi's and trained from an early age to handle a gun in a survival situation? It's kind of hard to imprison innocent civilians a la Stalin, Hitler, FDR and Woodrow Wilson when the innocent civilians can defend themselves isn't it?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
The guy was obviously not all there and had a loose screw. But why does it have to be a conspiracy theory? I understand that's the point of ATS but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Its not so much a conspiracy. It just goes deeper than "some mad man showed up with a gun". Thats my oppinion but there alot of facts to support it such as the sites he was visiting as well as the reason he himself said he was there. The gun was loaded theres no doubt about it, but this goes alot further than what the mainstream media is trying to make it out to be.

This was a desperate man and just yesterday we saw Rome riot in the street over basically the same issues. Today we're seeing Greece. This is a world wide issue and disarming people isnt the answer.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
You know there is a hidden message to all this regardless of how mentally unstable the man may have been. He obviously speaks about his wife losing her job, but I dont think that was really the whole point of this considering he didnt really respond well to their offer to help her. No, I think this was meant to send a message that we really have already lost our freedom of speech. We have lost our voice. The common man can no longer protest his oppinions because it falls on deaf ears. Nobody cares if their neighbor gets thrown out of their house by some bank as long as it isnt happening to them. What ever happened to our sense of community? You speak up anymore and you're either labeled a looney or a "terrorist". This is even more true when the guy that signed the paper doesnt even know who he even fired.

"Im just doing my job" needs to stop being a line used as an excuse. Ruin someone else's life so you can hold a job? Have people already gotten that desperate? This mentality that were all out for ourselves needs to stop and even if this guy was insane he was driven to that point by something.... I wont point fingers, but yesterday we had Rome rioting and today we have Greece. This is a world wide problem and something needs to be done.

HERE BLOOMIN' HERE!!! I applaud you!
This is my second line but I really only needed to write that one line... why DOES ATS have a 2 line rule? I know of no other website that makes people write garbage just to fill space? lmao... xx

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by yzzyUK

Sorry I can’t help you then. I was only going on assumption, I did not look that close at the video. Just trying to give you a logical explanation.

and I thank you for trying...
and not just laughing at my gun ignorance xx

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by getreadyalready

Excuse me but, you ARE kidding right? you think it is better to have MORE people on the streets carrying guns, or as you just mentioned, sitting in meetings with them??? That's a brilliant idea, what age do propose people start carrying loaded guns in their day to day interactions??

Not kidding at all. As for an age, where I am from we start shooting guns as soon as our frame is strong enough. I think I was about 5 when I got my first BB Gun, and probably 10 before I was shooting rifles and shotguns.

Yes, I truly would feel safer if everyone had a gun and mucher safer than if nobody had a gun. There was an old TV ad in Missouri when some new legislation was on the ballot one year. The girl was from Texas, carried a gun, but it wasn't legal in Missouri, so she left it in her car. A gunman came into a fastfood restaurant and shot some people. She said she had to watch in horror as he reloaded just before he killed her parents. Of course it was a dramatic TV commercial, but think about Columbine, and Virginia Tech and the many office shootings. The only armed person was the insane criminal and the murdering went unchecked. Imagine if teachers and college kids and regular workers were armed. Those massacres would have ended very quickly, and they may have been completely avoided just from the knowledge that everyone was armed.

Florida changed their law after Virginia Tech and it is now legal to carry your firearms on University campuses. I have applied and received permission to carry my gun at work at all times.

Better to have your gun and not need it, than to need your gun and not have it!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

It doesn't HAVE to be anything. What we did was watch a news report. Think stuff was odd [which it was as the video had clearly been tampered with] and try to figure out what was true and what was hype.

The whole 'point' of ATS is to play detective and find the truth.... and 'we' are trying to!

So... good for us, no?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So I just watched the video, what a tragedy for everyone involved. The debate as to whether or not gun laws had ANYTHING to do with this won't be solved in this thread, so I will look at this situation in a different light, and I apologize in advance if this was already mentioned.

With all of this "Wiki-Leaks- Assange- Anonymous" stuff, there is no doubt that the Guy Fawkes mask and whole V for Vendetta connection has been made. Now, the guy's Facebook has ZERO friends, yet has posts and pictures, all pointing to V for Vendetta-Guy Fawkes, something Anonymous pastes on all of their posters. Now if the government wanted the American people to go against Anonymous, how would they do that?

When the video was released, my first thought was "What a bad actor" about that superintendent. I watched the unedited video on LiveLeak. The way the guy says "If you are going to kill yourself, or kill all of us, ---" like he had NO FEAR having a loaded gun being brandished in front of him, just doesn't sit well with me. The woman with the purse also seems...... weird.......

Then they report he was shot by a police officer. Two minutes later, he "shot himself to death" (seriously, here's the quote:LINK).
This just doesn't seem right.

I am not saying this guy was a Manchurian candidate, and I am not even saying that this is a conspiracy. All I am saying is, maybe we should be looking at different things in the video, like the motives behind releasing THIS video while we are censored from seeing female breasts on television. I hope I'm wrong, but let's see if the connections with Anonymous and the whole Assange thing aren't made by the media.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by WatchRider

The thing is he was standing behind them at one point a shot where he couldn't miss...
He also let people go and didn't just shoot anyone it was not random really at all.

He could of shot them if that was the true intention..

Also the superintendent, shepard smith, and my local florida news at first was saying they were *blank* *blanks* *blank shot* at first.

That is where the whole *blanks* comes into perspection from the source itself.....
edit on 15-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

That gun was loaded theres no way they were blanks. He either missed on purpose or was just a really bad shot. Watch the video as he's going down he tries to continue shooting people as if the gun was loaded. If you're holding a gun with blanks why on earth would you keep trying to shoot people when you know damn well its loaded with blanks? It doesnt add up but then again he also looks drugged out of his mind on something.

In the video you can see the second shot hit approx 5 feet in front of him on the carpet.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join