It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Want To Know If You Were Going To Die In Two Weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about this very topic and it got me thinking I said that I would want to know as then I will have time to prepare myself and to do things that would benefit me and my life in the short time I had. Where as she said that she would rather stick her head in the sand and not know. When I pointed out to her that she could be missing out on things she ignored me and didn't change her mind

This whole question got me thinking, why don't people want to know? why do people feel inclined to stick their head in the sand and pretend that everythings ok? a bit like life really isn't it? some of us want the truth others don't want to know

Would You Want To Know?
edit on 8-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: la gramatica

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I already know im going to die...
my last adventure.. hella fun

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Explanation: Uhmmm? If???
Just totally redact that one word and this threads title might be worthwhile answering... because even if one is immortal... the universe certainly ISN'T! And so Death IS Garanteed and so are Taxes [Death Taxes even]! :shk:

Personal Disclosure: My dad worked quite high up in a the Australian Fedaral Bureau of Statistics and he and his mates during their lunch breaks worked out that if everybody was suddenly immortal...that 99.999999% would be DEAD within 400yrs due to death by accidents ect.

edit on 8-12-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited spelling fail.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
No.

You should live every day as if it is your last day alive.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Uhmmm? If???
Just totally redact that one word and this threads title might be worthwhile answering... because even if one is immortal... the universe certainly ISN'T! And so Death IS Garanteed and so are Taxes [Death Taxes even]! :shk:

You lost me at Explanation
but thanks for your gracing my thread a simple yes or no answer would have surfice

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
No.

Indeed funny you should say that because that is what we both agreed on. but its compliated.

How many people do you know in this world that actually lives each day as though its the last. I mean is that even possible? how could we live a day as though its our last without actually knowing its our last? what about pressures, stress,worry? financial commitments?
edit on 8-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I would definately want to know, I have children I would need to prepare and make financial arrangements for, and a large cat family that I would have to find good homes for. There are people I would want to say goodbye to.

Sticking your head in the sand is pointless....seriously, never being able to tell your loved ones goodbye is a heavy burden to bear.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

No.

Indeed that is what we both agreed on, but how many people do you know in this world that actually does live each day as though its the last. I mean is that even possible? how would you live a day as though its your last without actually knowing its your last?
Imagine that your death is following you every second of your waking life.

When your conscience tells you that what you are about to do is wrong, think about it. Do you really want your mom to learn that when they found your body there was a heroin needle sticking in your arm? If such things don't matter to you, that is fine. Some people stick the needle in their arm just because of the inevitability of their own death.
I prefer to leave a better history for my children, so I use death as a social tool.

Oohh.... forgot to add,

Make it a morning ritual to look death in its face as soon as you wake up each day, say "Good Morning, Death! It is a fine day to die!" That helps remind you throughout the day.
edit on 8-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Explanation: It's this simple! Either one doesn't know because one is nieve, which is unacceptable in this day and age... OR its because one already knows and wants to be unreasonable and that is also unacceptable in todays era! So why would anybody of worth choose either uneducated or unreasonable as a state to be in?

Personal Disclosure: The 1st words to any children I have will be "Welcome to existence! I Love You and You're going to die one day, so you'd best get wise to that asap!" [lucky for them they don't exist yet eh!]

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Personal Disclosure: The 1st words to any children I have will be "Welcome to existence! I Love You and You're going to die one day, so you'd best get wise to that asap!" [lucky for them they don't exist yet eh!]

Nothing like a little light hearted chit chat to while the time away.......

The first words to my children would be Ochy coochy coo, oochy coochy coo..........

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

what about pressures, stress,worry? financial commitments?
These things are much easier if you keep in mind that you may not be around to 'enjoy' your boss breathing down your neck, and just how you will manage to make the next mortgage payment on time!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

what about pressures, stress,worry? financial commitments?
These things are much easier if you keep in mind that you may not be around to 'enjoy' your boss breathing down your neck, and just how you will manage to make the next mortgage payment on time!

Well....Yes, I agree with you there but the context in which I was referring to is living each day as though its your last everyday (without knowing that your actually going to die) there is no confirmation that everyday is going to be the last? therein lies the problem. Who actually lives their life like that? I know of noone do you ?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I must admit, I know of not one person.

But I try my best. There are times when I lose sight of the 'finish line', but then I snap back to reality. I have a tattoo that runs the length my lower arm on the inside, it says " Patiently waiting to die." My current wife and her older sibling(their father was dying of advanced prostate cancer), didn't understand the meaning of it (along with almost everyone else) and convinced me to cover up the word die.

Some people got it when I explained to them that anyone who isn't patiently waiting to die is suicidal.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If there was ANYTHING i could know and i would know before i die:

It would be the answer to life.
The universal truth & knowledge if something exists.
Humans will never know what happens after death till they have actually died, but it would be brilliant if we could know the secrets of life, before, after & outside...everything!

That would be a life worth lived & the end will be bliss

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Will it hurt?

second

top topics

join