It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whilst the Winter Chills Your Bones (US/Britain/Europe) Remember YOUR Homeless lest They DIE...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Walking to work this morning the ambient air temprature was -9°C, which is ok if you step out of a nice warm house wearing clean clothes that were designed for this weather and filled with a cold beating breakfast.

But imagine if your bedroom was a doorway, your pillows was frost covered concrete, and there is no breakfast or escape from the cold... Ever..

No one regards you.

Just walk on by like you are trash even though you are probably there because you have served your countries armed forces and cannot adapt to civvy life.. Or you have been turned over by the NWO, banks foreclosure on your house, or are escaping abuse in whatever form..

There are many reasons for homelessness, but NONE for treating them less than trash!

The church are supposed to be the "hands and feet of Messiah" and do a good job supporting homeless people in the minority.. The majority are just bs churches who give token gestures..

Change that!

We all do the same too..

We let the poverty and distress in our own backyards go unanswered yet send millions abroard and condem our own to preventively DIE in an alley!

Many talented people left to die.

An example of talent is a UK businessman who was destitute and homeless yet was given an opportunity and now employs people..

Charity begins at home..

We are blessed first THEN we can become a blessing to others..

So as you scrape the ice off your cars and moan about the weather, remember our homeless and be a blessing to them!
edit on 7-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A dissapointed bump..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Apathy.

People never are thankful for what they have and always moan what they do not have.

Your post is right.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
God bless, Yissachar1,
We have become detached, isolated, lost our connection to the tribe and community, well many have.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Apathy.

People never are thankful for what they have and always moan what they do not have.

Your post is right.

Yeah

The simple truth is that it can happen very quickly to ANYONE..

I see a lot of people on these boards spouting about social justice and stickiking it to the man yet its ok spouting this stuff, but there are some who have and are now living under a bridge.

How can you be blind to the plight of those dying in our own streets yet scream when a kitten is put in a wheely bin?

Apathy to your fellow man is an evil that is worse..

If you can just walk past someone who is starving and freezing to death then do not moan in this economic climate when it happens to you!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
God bless, Yissachar1,
We have become detached, isolated, lost our connection to the tribe and community, well many have.

And our heart and soul..

God help us all!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
wonderful thread. it honestly inspired to volunteer for city harvest. i go to bed and think about those who are less fortunate than i am, and it hurts. i always donate to charity, but i think its time i got off my lazy ass and did something.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Of course there are some true hardship cases out there, but those who choose to drink their life away or make irresponsible decisions do not deserve any help.

They made their proverbial bed, now let them lay in it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

For once an important thread

All of you go DO something .... buy the homeless guy in front of your shopping centre a pack of bread and some butter a knife and something to put on the bread ... give him your old sleeping bag ... make a difference

DON'T pay 50$ to some charity .. they'll use it all on "administration" - fat bosses getting fatter - support directly instead = 100% goes to those in need
edit on 7-12-2010 by pilot70 because: add last paragraph

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Of course there are some true hardship cases out there, but those who choose to drink their life away or make irresponsible decisions do not deserve any help.

They made their proverbial bed, now let them lay in it.

I suppose when a young girl is sexually assaulted everyday by the family member or friend who she is suppsed to trust made their bed huh?

Or the ex soldier who has fought so many times and seen his mates die, has killed for his country too in wars you voted for yet cannot adapt to civillian life and is plagued by the demons of PTSD, thus cant hold a "normal" job made that bed?

I know guys who were zen masters in combat yet cant do normal stuff like go shopping, go on a bus or hold down a job..

They are homeless.

The once "best of us"

How dare we leave those people in an alley to freeze to death!

Their blood is on our hands.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
good thread...i have a ministry..."Feed His Sheep"...here in MckinneyTexas, just north of Dallas one skip. i'm on the case here....thanks for the good timing, the cold weather just now all the way into December showing it's pretty head.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe if the homeless didn't have such an attitude about me "telling them what to do," then maybe they'd listen when I pointed out that they should seek help from any of the thousands of sources for charity, many of them financed by my tax money.

Yeah, sure, they're mentally ill. And if I had any kind of legal power over them, I'd have them locked up and treated. But that's messing with somebody's civil rights. The civil right to be a danger to themselves and probably others.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

to the tribe and community....that's a beautiful phrase..."God save us" all please

and here the shelter only gives them one chance or two then they can't come back. dannggitt

edit on 7-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because:" UNDERNEATH THE BRIDGE"....it's ok to eat the fish because they don't have any feelings

edit on 7-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because: put that in all caps

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Maybe if the homeless didn't have such an attitude about me "telling them what to do," then maybe they'd listen when I pointed out that they should seek help from any of the thousands of sources for charity, many of them financed by my tax money.

Yeah, sure, they're mentally ill. And if I had any kind of legal power over them, I'd have them locked up and treated. But that's messing with somebody's civil rights. The civil right to be a danger to themselves and probably others.

When you have been stepped on, crapped and urinated on by society, then have had your roof taken, worldly goods, and have to survive day by day in an unforgiving environment where even the "civilised" look down on you then maybe you would have an attitude no?

You do not show them "sollutions" you show them LOVE...

YEAH

LOVE...

A cuppa or a meal, or a chat just to show that they are worthy just to be even spoken to in a friendly way..

That starts a reconstruction of a broken person fron within until they get to the point where they "wan't'" those solutions.

Love is food too.

They feel worthless so why should they try in a country where the people treat them as nothing anyway?

Think about it..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
good thread...i have a ministry..."Feed His Sheep"...here in MckinneyTexas, just north of Dallas one skip. i'm on the case here....thanks for the good timing, the cold weather just now all the way into December showing it's pretty head.

Around here in the Black Country, West Midlands UK there are scant ministries of that kind because love has grown colder than the weather it seems.

Its -10°c in my neighbourhood at the moment, more with the wind and freezing fog and out there is some poor soul who will die tonight.

No one will know or even care.

A country who will watch an OAP die who lost his keys outside his front door in these temps will not give a crap for those who have no front door..

This world sucks..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

I suppose when a young girl is sexually assaulted everyday by the family member or friend who she is suppsed to trust made their bed huh?

Or the ex soldier who has fought so many times and seen his mates die, has killed for his country too in wars you voted for yet cannot adapt to civillian life and is plagued by the demons of PTSD, thus cant hold a "normal" job made that bed?

I know guys who were zen masters in combat yet cant do normal stuff like go shopping, go on a bus or hold down a job..

They are homeless.

The once "best of us"

How dare we leave those people in an alley to freeze to death!

Their blood is on our hands.

I dont know why you quoted my post since you commented on something I didnt say.

Once again, I will say it, lets try to comprehend it.

Those who drink their life away, or make irresponsible decisions deserve no help whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

So all homeless folks drink the days away huh?

And those that do, what are they trying to escape from?

Can you work yourself out of homelessness?

Try it

Then see how long before YOU start drinking!

Try getting a job with no address

Or even welfare

And that alone is the simple cases

The more complicated ones would probably blow your mind and still probably bypass your compassion it seems...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Unfortunately my friend far too many people simply don't care.
They are wrapped up in their own little world's and the problems they face.
They aren't exactly encouraged to stop and take a good, hard look at the world around them.

It's a sad and damning indictment on our society that homelessness, for whatever reason, is still such a large problem in this day and age.

If I could applaud you I would, though I suspect such things are irrelevant to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I see on your thread what you are attempting to accomplish. However, your argument is one sided. You have been asked by this BigTimeCheater guy enough times, and yet, the question still remains unanswered? Yes, there are some unfortunate situations, but should all situations that may have been caused due to bad decisions be the rest of societies fault? I think not.

Heres a tid bit of info for ya, the example you used for soldiers with PTSD, I too happen to know a couple, and they CHOOSE to receive help. Help that is offered through the respective military branch. They aren't kicked out and thrown on the streets. With this example, they may have CHOSEN to become a drinker. In this scenario, should we as a society be held responsible for his actions? Again, I think not.

Why the one sidedness?

And lastly, why is it when all hell breaks loose? Now everyone wants to " pray to god"? If there is a god, and the people have been ignoring him, do you really think he's gonna listen to someone who paid no attention to him to begin with?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Soo

Does someones self inflicted alcoholism excuse apathy?

Do you stop giving a crap about people because they made a few bad choices?

Serves them right doesn't it... I suppose therefore that no one deserves a second or third chance when they mess up and should be dumped and left to freeze to death?

I know there are hopeless people out there who do not want to help themselves and take the piss out of thechelpers, but as i said... The solution is not just a warm cuppa but some compassion..

These people have lower self esteem than whale crap so showing a little love would help rebuild someone better than any token gesture..

Also

Some people are ready for help and informed where to get it.. However some are just to gone to care or know the difference.. Overwhelmed and uncared for.. Apathetic to their own fate because society has rejected then so why should they care for themselves?

So they slip away to death in the cold dead of winter to be found by some poor passer by and cremated with no one to mourn them.. The lucky ones..

This is where our compassion should overide their own apathy...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join