It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama should resign if approved UN spying: WikiLeaks founder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
'MADRID — President Barack Obama should resign if it can be shown that he approved spying by US diplomatic figures on UN officials, the founder of WikiLeaks said in an interview published Sunday'
What do people think. It looks to me like if the American persent has backed an illegal order then he is a threat to his own national secrity and shouild resign.
'"Obama must answer what he knew about this illegal order and when. If he refuses to answer or there is evidence he approved of these actions, he must resign," he added during an Internet chat interview published online.' - Assange
Now this is spreading far, wide and deep and the international community are now starting to feel the throws...
'According to one of the documents, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton asked for UN personnel's telephones, emails, credit card details and frequent flier numbers'
Now the 'The United States and other governments said the release of the documents broke their laws'
It is begining however to look like it was the politicians that broke the laws..
Will the Law of the land hold true, will these people be prosocuted for there actions...

Time will tell....

kx

source:
www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Double post deleted.
edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yes, that's what I said at the very beginning. So far, from what I have read, Assange has NOT broken any law. UK statement today said his leaks were 'close to breaking the law', which implies that in fact he actually was acting WITHIN the law. He has been in UK for quite a while now, and the UK police have been informed of his location, so if he HAD broken any law he would have been arrested, or at least charged. In UK he is still free - which speaks volumes.

On the other hand, Hillary Clinton HAS seriously broken the law, but most people on here completely ignore that fact. It seems they are so used to their politicians breaking the law it is of no consequence to them, so they can't understand why it would be of any consequence to anyone else. What HC did is VERY serious, however, and I have no doubt there will be repercussions. And it seems obvious to me they were looking to dig up dirt on politicians and UN officials - for obvious purposes.

The CIA has already made a statement saying that they sent their 'wishlist' to the State Department. HC would have had to be briefed on this. As I remember it their statement implied as much. So there is no way HC could not have known about this.

If Obama knew, he too is implicated, and despite the fact that many on ATS dismiss this serious breach of international law, it really is very serious in the diplomatic community. The knowledge that US diplomats are acting as spies will SERIOUSLY undermine communications, as it damn well should. It breaches every single diplomatic protocol re diplomacy and diplomatic immunity.

There was already information in the MSM prior to the leaks, about US Embassy staff spying on ordinary Norwegian citizens. Norway had officially asked the US Ambassador for an explanation.

It seems that US spying has got completely out of hand, and has reached the level of the gutter, even with its so-called allies.

Yes, if this information is accurate, which it clearly seems to be, both Hillary Clinton and Obama should resign, as should anyone else complicit in this - including those diplomats who did the spying.

It is because of this, more than any other single issue, that US is now being forced to replace many diplomats.

edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wlell, well.....

No new information, ain't gonna change a thing.... Right.....

The wikileaks haters need to think and use your intellect instead of their hate.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this out in the light, didn't hear about this on fox eh?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Thank you for your well and thought out reply.. Time will tell if criminal proceedings are taken against these people. It looks like in some cases they already have...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Noone should be above the reach of the law...

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Friends here on ATS, With all the lies from are government.
With the FBI covering for our president, and supreme court backing him.
Who has the power and authoring, to bring back our American?

I have been debating this for awhile now. We the people will be murdered
without trial. If we try and revolt against our government.

Even tho, We the people are their Boss's. I am thinking, The U.S. Marshall's
Please give me some insight on my thinking.
Thank you my Friends.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

My freind the problems you are facing in America, we over in the UK have in different ways..
The only course of action i can support is education and the free spread of information. Facilitate people to see the truth.. It is no good thinking change with violent means..

Fear breads violence.

This universe is our mirror.

When the tides are right, change will come...

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Thank you for your well and thought out reply.. Time will tell if criminal proceedings are taken against these people. It looks like in some cases they already have...

kx

........except the minutemen that crash online sites in the name of Wikileaks

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by laughsalot

Whist i do not codone the actions of such individuals. These people organising the attacks are doing do in the name of internet freedom, not wikleaks!...It is called protest and every democratic country in a healthy state should experience it form time to time...
Mass Civil disobendiance has played an massive role in shaping the laws and nature of our modern society....
The difference being in this case is the fact that it has turned cyber. We truly live in a global society...

kx

edit on 6-12-2010 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

kx

Yes, and I think Sarah Palin said something similar, in which case she should also be charged with incitement to murder.

join