It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former WikiLeaks Activists to Launch New Whistleblowing Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Former WikiLeaks Activists to Launch New Whistleblowing Site

www.spiegel.de

A group of former members of WikiLeaks is planning to launch its own whistleblowing platform in mid-December, according to a German newspaper. The activists criticize WikiLeaks for concentrating too much on the US and want to take a broader approach.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No-one can stop an idea whos time has come....
It matters not if Wikleaks is closed down, now the cat is out of the bag. Anyone can do it. Therein lies the problem, this will no longer be an individual but a phenoma.
The site is not being set up to compete with wikleaks but to compliment it:
'The group stresses that the as-yet-unnamed platform should not be seen as a competitor to WikiLeaks but as a different approach, the newspaper wrote'
Now considering the amount of info wikleaks need to get out, this can be nothing but a good thing in my eyes.....

Maybe things are changing...

Just a little bit

www.spiegel.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Bring it on ..expose all liars , war lovers ,frauds, two face stinky birocrats etc etc..
I'ts time to bring back Goverment in people hands.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If the people are ever awoken from their drunken stupor, then watch out. The elitist scum that are raping society better run for the hills.

The problem is that these average people don't want to stop being drunk with cozy government infatuation. They might have to have some cold water dumped on them at the horse trough.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
If the people are ever awoken from their drunken stupor, then watch out. The elitist scum that are raping society better run for the hills.

The problem is that these average people don't want to stop being drunk with cozy government infatuation. They might have to have some cold water dumped on them at the horse trough.

"If" is one of the most powerful little words in the world, surpassed only by "No"

When will people start to say no?
No to the two party system
No to the oligarchy
No to the Main Stream Media
No to the erosions of our freedoms and rights

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Why don't they just disseminate what they have by faxing it out to the world?

Trying to use the internet is futile. The elite will shut off the internet.

They can't shut down all Fax service.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You guys realize if the US wanted wikileaks shut down it would be shut down?
one guy said about the leak:
The so called cables did seem to be in the right format for the message. I should know I spent 12 1/2 years in the Army in the Signal Corp. The State Department message should have been in ACP 127 format and they weren’t. I also noticed that there were no downgrading instruction on any of the cablegrams. That is a government requirement per executive orders. They also didn’t mark the document with the marking Foreign Government Information (FGI) on any of the documents. I also didn’t see any information that is required in ACP 127 format such as a date time group. In fact that they look like some one took the original message and put them in a different format or they are badly done forgeries. Things just do not look correct.

Can you say scam?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I hope they get this operation up and running fast. We can never have enough options and protection for whistleblowers.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Good I hope they take all the ATS Wikifreaks with them.. It's just polluting ATS wayyy too much, I don't want to come on here and see wiki 10 times on the first page.... I hope the Mods on this site dedicate Wiki to it's own section so I don't have to scroll through it all....

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Why don't they just disseminate what they have by faxing it out to the world?

Trying to use the internet is futile. The elite will shut off the internet.

They can't shut down all Fax service.

If they can close of the internet they can close down pgone and fax lines too.

kx

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

As a 'Wikifreak' myself I do tend to agree that the developments regarding Wikileaks should have their own dedicated section and I'm suprised it hasn't happened yet..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Oh My Goodness, I know what you mean, that scrolling can be so taxing. Clicking and moving my hand that 1/4 inch, UGH. I'm exhausted. I may need to go lay down and take a nap. I'm going to need to start bringing sweat towels and re-hydration supplies to my desk from now on.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have just one name for these folks that open these sites that leak state secrets: HEROES!

The state cannot be trusted. They claim things need to be top secret to protect the nation. They lie, it is used as a cover-all for their crimes against humanity and they have never shown the capacity to be trusted with any secrets.

This is our world not theirs, and they were supposed to be selected to manage our nations on our behalf. They do not. They lie, steal, cheat, and murder.

If these websites can educate the masses to their evil deeds and counter the statist propaganda machine then it is absolutely necessary. They are heroes and we could all learn from their example.

P.S. I also wanted to add that there is of course some rightful speculation that perhaps Julian Assange and/or wikileaks may be an asset of the state's propaganda machine. It may be, it may not be. Either way though, since it is shining light on the corruption and death spread by the government, it is a good thing! It is making people sit up and pay attention, many for the first time!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Only problem is that our point of rest is a drunken stupor....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
I have just one name for these folks that open these sites that leak state secrets: HEROES!

i couldnt agree more. These people are putting there lifes on the line to give us truth and people are calling the criminals and terrorists..

ks

join