It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ANNOUNCEMENT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It honestly makes me feel very angry all our hard earned tax dollars fund their salaries and projects, and
they give nothing honestlt back to the people of this country. Anyone working for NASA should be ashamed to say that they work for NASA. I would like a refund from them going back to 1984. I could use the money for my child's college fund. My cousin's husband worked for them a decade or so ago as a college intern. He is a full
of himself MITgrad fill in the blank. Seriously this top secret stuff has to end or get some private company to pay your bills.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why is everyone so disappointed?
What more were you expecting to hear?

I really dont know much about the particular subject but couldnt these bacteria be pretty useful to us in some form or another aside from searching for life elsewhere?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Guys and gals.... this discovery is extremely big. It's not what you all were expecting but it is huge. The microbes found in the lake may as well have come from another planet because these microbes do not share the same common biological building blocks that every other form of life on this planet shares in common.

Some of the replies here are real head scratchers...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You were expecting disclosure?

In the immortal words of George Bush;
Not gonna happen. Wouldn't be prudent.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow. For all of you tragically hip individuals who wrote "Epic Fail", perhaps you would be better off in a forum for " Jersey Shore"?

If you can't see how this paves the way for the discovery of life on another world than go back and re-read the more intelligent posts before mine.

If you still can't grasp it, they essentially mean that they replaced Phosphorus for Arsenic as the backbone of the DNA in their test subjects. If life can adapt to Arsenic, then I'm sure it could adapt to methane ( Titan)?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If arsenic can replace phosphorous then maybe silicon can replace carbon and The Horta may exist! (and be delicious)

Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts.

....Then later there's running and screaming.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi, Blarneystoner.

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Some of the replies here are real head scratchers...

See this:

Are Americans Stupid? Or is the world jealous?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would say: americans ARE stupid ! And ALL the world IS also !
Look at their stupid top TV shows ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think now that they have identified bacteria that do not follow the accepted pattern for life that we are used to, scientists will find more life in more bizarre and unlikely places.

I don't believe that this necessarily means that this form of life originated in some alien environment though. Before tube worms were discovered, no one would have believed that complex life could thrive in the hostile environment of deep ocean vents, yet there it was. This caused scientists to start looking for other extremophiles and finding them in the most unlikely places.

We may on the verge of discovering a whole new class of life, all originating right here on the earth.

NASA is desperate to keep it's funding coming so I am not surprised that we had so much hype about this discovery.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
this really has nothing to do with ET life

....this is basically scientists saying we don't know as much as we thought we did ....which in this day IS interesting

whats more interesting is why is this connected to ET, I get the connection/possibilities, but why keep repeating and making the subject about ET life...

really just scientists saying they don't know everything .....think about it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join