It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Decentralized Wireless Internet for all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Check this out folks These Guys are about to release a software that will allow us to build our own decentralized uncensored Internet! I ran across them after reading the thread on Homeland Security seizing Domain names and perusing the comments to one of the articles referenced. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Every one is of course complaining about DHS illegal seizures however I think this is probably a good thing because it will force the internet to decentralize and stop using ICANN centralized DNS servers who will bow to corrupt government. There are already alternatives out there this will just make them more popular.

I have known there were alternatives but was just lazy and never really pursued them and this just motivated me to do my research and get on one of them. In so doing I ran across this site. And just got excited. This is what the internet should be!

netsukuku.freaknet.org...

"The Netsukuku project is based on the very simple idea of exploiting the great potentiality of the wifi connectivity, making the PCs of wireless communities act as routers and handle together an ad-hoc network even bigger than the Internet.

Netsukuku is an ad-hoc network system designed to handle massive numbers of nodes with minimal consumption of CPU and memory resources. It can be used to build a world-wide distributed, fault-tolerant, anonymous, and censorship-immune network, fully independent from the Internet. Netsukuku does not rely upon any form of backbone router, internet service provider network, or any centralized system, although it may take advantage of existing systems of this nature to augment unity and connectivity of the existing Netsukuku network."

This is so cool because it has to be done by you and me. A soon as the software comes out we just get a wireless antenna and we can hook up to anyone else who has the same. Also if there is no one near you then you can still use tunnelling software over the conventional internet to get to the network till there are enough nodes that anyone can get on for free.

Do you know what this means? A totally free internet free of censorship and regulation etc. A true free market! There is no way they can control a network like this! You can have an internet business and they cannot track you or force an IP to give them your information etc. This has the potential to completely replace the current internet. With encryption software they are screwed!

As soon as it is released I plan on getting it and promoting it. I may be the first in my neighborhood but I'll just use a conventional IP and tunnelling protocol to get to others until we are all connected via wireless. I love it this is our opportunity to cut big brother out of the information business once and for all. They can never lock down a network like this completely even if they implemented martial law!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I understand what the capability will be, but I am not literate in these things.
Where can I get more information in layman's terms regarding this?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
reply to post by hawkiye

I understand what the capability will be, but I am not literate in these things.
Where can I get more information in layman's terms regarding this?

Go to the site and read the FAQ then come back here and ask specific questions. It really is not that complicated. But to give you an Idea if you have a wireless network in your house with more then one computer using it to access the internet. This is similar but on a large scale and this software has the routing built in so to speak. Of course it is a little more sophisticated then that however most who sue it will not need to know much more then that. it is sort of like hooking up a peer to peer wireless network with your neighbors and then the next neighborhood over and so on till everyone can talk to each other just like the current internet. Only you don't need an ISP, cable or phone company, etc.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sounds great! Free communication is critical. Hope it works out

I also want to look into shortwave.

Love your sig, OP!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
Sounds great! Free communication is critical. Hope it works out

I also want to look into shortwave.

Love your sig, OP!

WE have to make it work and we can that is the beauty of it. I am surprised there is not many more comments on this what gives? Are we that jaded that an opportunity comes for us to thwart the police state and we just don't care that much?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This isn't really a new thing: there are various types of decentralised internet projects around. But this should be of utmost interest to members of ATS, because it takes the communication infrastructure out of the hands of any oligopolistic 3rd parties (ie the ISPs and to a lesser extent backbone infrastructure providers)

In other words, if the shtf, as they say, a decentralised system is the only method you can trust. So if you're the type of person who keeps a bugout bag etc. etc. I think you'd want to make membership of some decentralised internet system part of your contingency plan

There is a name for these kind of networks but I can't remember it... investigate alternatives if you like.

One more thing. Interestingly enough, Google invested a few million dollars in a system just like this a couple years ago. Can't remember its name.
edit on 29-11-2010 by gghhgghh because: moar info

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I was looking at the home page of that site and noticed that the last update on it was 2007, so the how thing maybe out dated by now unless I'm reading it wrong.
Vince

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Something of this nature will eventually take place. As soon as people get fed up with the upcoming control measures which are being worked on atm, a new protocol will emerge and it'll go viral rather quickly. Some anonymous eccentric will give out the code, post a quick youtube on how to set it up, and let the campaign spread on it's own. Maybe less than 100 views in the first month, but rest assured that when the time is right, it will go global and 100 people will turn into 1,000,000+ within a week or so.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Internet is uncontrollable. Anyone who claims the Government will or can control the Internet does not understand the Internet.

One thing the Government CAN control is Electricity though.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sorry Sky, that's incorrect. It's centralized, therefore controllable to a very large extent.

For an easy example look to China's control measures of the Internet.

There are physical fiber cables that run through centralized servers to get information in and out of countries. Filter the data at the incoming servers, and viola .. controlled Internet.
edit on 29-11-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Internet is uncontrollable. Anyone who claims the Government will or can control the Internet does not understand the Internet.

One thing the Government CAN control is Electricity though.

Sorry but you are the one who does not understand the internet making a statement like that. The current internet has a few centralized control points that all traffic is routed through these are the backbone of the internet and also name servers for finding sites is very centralized A few companies own these backbones and all ISP buy thier access from them.

Did you read the thread on Homeland Security seizing domains above the ISP level so even the ISP could not control it? Do your homework the current internet is easily controllable.

This other system would eliminate all that.
edit on 30-11-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
well done hawk
for bringing this to the attension of members
not if but when the internet kill switch is used
we will be blind and deaf to information not forced on us by the msn
if information is power
then control the flow of information (internet)
and you can control the mindset of the poulation
the reason that internet censorship is happening is
TOO MANY PEOPLE are seeking the truth and finding it
an educated poulation is ALOT harder to control

this is the freedom many people want

BUT it must not be used for illegal or evil purposes
or the powers will jam the signal because THEY cant control it

is suggest two things
get this software
and design a shortwave wireless conectivity system for consumers

nice thread dude

xploder

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

i have had a DNS poisening attack carried out on a system i was looking after
when you consider the DNS servers resolve demain names to ip
you can see that unless you have all of the ips you use
you are vonarable to poisen dns
or if all the dns servers were taken offline
how would the average user "get"
the ip conection or ip address

ican has us by the numbers

xp

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
well done hawk
for bringing this to the attension of members
not if but when the internet kill switch is used
we will be blind and deaf to information not forced on us by the msn
if information is power
then control the flow of information (internet)
and you can control the mindset of the poulation
the reason that internet censorship is happening is
TOO MANY PEOPLE are seeking the truth and finding it
an educated poulation is ALOT harder to control

this is the freedom many people want

BUT it must not be used for illegal or evil purposes
or the powers will jam the signal because THEY cant control it

is suggest two things
get this software
and design a shortwave wireless conectivity system for consumers

nice thread dude

xploder

Good Idea on the short wave design! The feds cannot jam the signal or they would take out every RF signal around it too that means radio cell phones police bands etc.

new topics

top topics

join