It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 year old good kid faces deportation--It all changes when its close to home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

Get him out he is an illegal. If he wants to cry to someone try the people who bought him there illegally! Rules are rules!. He is taking resource away from someone who has either followed the immigration process properly or a person born there. The grass is always greener on the other side but you just can't jump the fence and take it if you want. It amounts to theft from your people & government! I only respect immigrants who have followed the laws to enter a country properly! (I only acknowledge refugee immigrants if they have followed the procedure properly to enter a country)

Immigrants who just turn up & hide or get a temp visa, let it expire & continue to work or reside are thieving scum who should be deported! Don't give me that rubbish about they do jobs others don't won't etc. The worst ones are those who illegally enter a country & immediately have a child and then claim you can't kick me out because we have a child born here. That is actually child abuse because you are using the child to stay in a country and not having the child out of love. Hell teenage accidental pregnancies are much much much more acceptable morally than immigration pregnancies. Only give a break to those who have followed the rules. I am not against immigration just those who have not followed the correct process!

edit on 23-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
The way I see it is that this kid was 3 years old when he was brought here by his parents. He grew up here, and is just as American as anybody born here.

If parents bring a 3 year old kid to a bank robbery...they don't charge the kid as an accomplice to the crime...so kids that are brought here illegally by their parents shouldn't be punished for others actions either.

Something we finally agree on OS.

This child was too young to know that he was not "legal" in this country. In much the same fashion as Outkast has said, he should not be held responsible for the actions of his parents who illegally brought him into this country. It seems as if this person is looking to be a bright young mind in a country filled with old ideas and stale policy. Immigration needs to be looked at on a case by case basis. To cast a net so large is to throw out the good with the bad. Some of the comments so far are deplorable. I bet none of you are Native Americans, so at one point or another your ancestors immigrated to this country. It wasn't until the late 1800's early 1900's that America had a stricter immigration policy. But even then, it was as simple as a health check, a record check, and a "Hey, welcome to the USA! Get a job, pay your taxes, and pursue your dreams." Now it's: "How much money can you afford to give us so we will let you into our really cool night club."

Ugh.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
For all those who decry borders, I have a question for you.

If there were no borders, what's to stop the Taliban or Islamic Extremists from just entering your country freely? Or what if the entire continent of Africa just ups and drops themselves off in your backyard? What if Haiti decides that they're going to walk over the Mexican borders into the US?

If you have no borders, then you have no reasons for checkpoints or security scans.

I know those are extreme examples but without borders, you pretty much have to let EVERYONE in.. including the criminals, drug dealers, those with contagious diseases like ebola, and everything else.

Edit to add; And, if there no borders, then how and who is going to run the government? Perhaps the NWO?
edit on 2010/11/23 by juniperberry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This story just shows how important it is to secure borders and actually fight illegal immigration. His parents probably did not even bother to acquire legal citizenship all those years, because the law is not enforced. With proper immigration policy, he would either be a citizen, or deported long ago, and none of this would have happened.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good kid and good family you say? He was driving without a license , so I would assume he would be uninsured as well. Was it his family who let him drive? Or was it his Minister instincts that told him to drive with no DL & insurance.

Suppose this 'miner accident' was a major accident. Who would pay? The Tax payers?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
I'm wondering where are all those people - doctors, teachers, educators, neighbors, preachers, parents - who aided and abetted the family's illegal status. Where are they? Is ICE and INS going to go back and find out who helped this person (and apparently his entire family) break the law?

The fault, culpability, liability lies with those people.

His parents and every school administrator who let him pass with no actual legal right to participate in public education should be ashamed of themselves.

Well yeah - only Americans should be allowed to be edumecated.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
Text

Bernard Pastor, 18 and baby-faced, is a kid who was a few years under me in high school.I think I was a senior when he was a freshman. Reading is a pretty small school so I remember seeing him, very polite, always smiling and interacting with his classmates. He was ranked 5th out of 105 students in his class, played soccer, liked to joke around and play the drums... your stereotypical All-American kid, right? He graduated this past June and was planning on going to school to be a minister; very involved with church and family. Then, he got into a minor traffic incident and couldn't produce a drivers' license or immigration papers...and now, he will most likely be deported to Guatemala, where he has no family and no future.
Read the story

My heart is breaking for this kid, and my mind changes constantly on immigration matters. But when I think of an INDIVIDUALS life, their hopes and dreams being ripped to shreds, I just believe something needs to change. Bernard was brought here by his parents, albeit illegally, when he was 3. He grew up as an American kid, doing what American little boys do. He was a GOOD kid, and had a future. I do feel that immigrants need to go through the proper steps to become a U.S. citizen, but what about kids, who have no say in the matter? They didn't ask to be brought here illegally. Then they live normal, productive lives and have everything taken from them because of their parents? I don't see the fairness. He would qualify for the DREAM act if it were passed. I would like to know everyones thoughts on this.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Seekingmyself because: Mods: I'm not sure if I did this properly or if I put this in the right place. Sorry!

A workable solution, one that has been used in the past, is simply to claim that the kid is an ex Nazi rocket scientist. History tells us that that category of person was welcomed with open arms into the USA after WW2.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This is a very sad story
I truly hope that they allow the man to stay in the US with his friends and family. No one should be sent away to another country because of a traffic violation.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

No one should be sent away to another country because of a traffic violation.

yes he should. Get him out of there. The law is the law & he broke it!. There are many many immigrants who have followed the correct procedure to get into the US. There are also plenty waiting following the rules. Why should this law breaker get special treatment? get him out!

edit on 23-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

I can relate to this, my gf's daughter's bf was deported back to mexico, hasnt been there since he was three....knows noone there or anything...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I can relate to this, my gf's daughter's bf was deported back to mexico, hasnt been there since he was three....knows noone there or anything

Well should not have broken the law & entered illegally then! He cry about it the law is the law. He should apply through the correct channels & make his residency legal - Then no problems!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If I did wrong by my kid and he ended up deported, I would go with him. What kind of parent would stay here and watch their kid leave the country knowing it was their fault to begin with?

It is a sad situation to be sure and I do feel for these kids. It costs illegals a lot of money to have false documentations, stolen ID's and what-not, these are not poor people. If you are poor, you have no money for such things. They take a hell of a risk doing things dishonestly. They knew full well their kid would run into trouble one day. They had years to become legal citizens and chose not to. It is a shame that the kids have to suffer for the fault of the parents.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I want to know how he was enrolled in school with out a social security number and birth certificate or what ever the papers are that must be shown when someone is in the country legally ? I had to provide those for my children to enroll them in school. I went to the Dr. yesterday and had to update my insurance information. I had to provide my social security number before I was seen in case my insurance failed to pay for my visit. Back when I first became an adult and was job hunting I didn't have a social security card and was having difficulties obtaining my birth certificate so that I could get a copy of my social security card, no one would hire me. I want to know how these people do it?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The immigration system isn't efficient at all. The reason is that the people who are trying to get through legally, who have degrees and are able to speak English, will be waiting for a decade, if not more. While the illegals, who are uneducated or fleeing as criminals will not care to go through the system legally. So, we're getting an influx of people who don't care for the law, while the ones that do are put on hold for what they would call an eternity.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Borders and countries do not help us...

Trust me, they do. You may not realize this but not every country in the world is built up like America. European countries have been the way they have been for thousands of years. Destroying borders destroys the heritage and cultures of those countries.

Although I feel for the kid, if you're illegal you're illegal. But I do feel that there are tons of folks that come in legally that don't do squat. Give this kid a break and look back on what you're really doing. If this kid is doing good, wouldn't it stand to reason that he'll be one of the bright ones contributing something to American society? Then maybe like someone else said, they should take that into consideration.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think that he should sue his parents for putting him in this position.

It was his parents who decided to come to this country illegally.
It was his parents who never bothered to become legal citizens.
It was his parents who passed on the last opportunity to qualify for amnesty during the last amnesty program for illegals.

My heart goes out to him for being put in this position by his parents.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

That's all well & good but until he makes his residency legal it is out out out!. There should be no room for cheaters. he deserves to be deported!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
I feel the pain.

Borders are unnecessary and, well, retarded.

Meaningless primitive ways of dealing with "outsiders".

I hope all goes well for him. I really do. I am 18, and I can't bare thinking about what I would do if that happened to me.

This world really needs a reality check. We live on a planet, not 194 mini ones called countries.

Borders are in fact necessary. Without them, every 3rd world person on the planet would flood first world nations and degrade everyones standard of living.

Do you lock your doors at night?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Phatpackage:

Dude, he was THREE YEARS OLD when his parents came here illegally, they got themselves legalized somehow, he JUST turned 21 when he was involved in a car accident (wasnt driving)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Borders are unnecessary and, well, retarded.

Borders are absolutely necessary and to think otherwise comes not from a good heart or intention but from a lack of understanding about the history of humanity and what it entails.

This poor kid isn't a victim of a terrible government. He's a victim of criminal parents.

Illegal immigration is a crime.

He is a victim of that crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join