It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Wuhahaha

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

# betterthansteve KBS now showing the feed from its camera on Yeonpyeong Island. Clouded with extensive fog, much thicker than seen 50mi south of the island. less than a minute ago via web

# Steve Herman W7VOA #ROK believed to be firing K-9 self-propelled howitzers, 105mm towed artillery guns, Vulcan guns and 81mm mortars. #Koreas less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
My guess would be a response will be within the next 12-24 hours, if that long. I'm sure DPRK is going to assess what and how much of a perceived threat the drills are.

The fact that S. Korea is carrying this our despite Security Council recommendation not to, and poor visibility worries me. The poor visibility factor is troublesome by itself.

All it will take is one accidental kill to trigger N. Korea all the excuse it needs to retaliate with their (supposed) merciless nuclear strike. As crazy as Kim Jong-Il is, and as much as Jong-Un wants to prove himself this could be a very real scenario.

MSM fear mongering aside, let's pray WW3 does not break out like this...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hm.

Faeces just became authentic.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
cnn picked up on it

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

betterthansteve KBS: ROK II Marine Div commander: Fog will definitely prove difficult since training is not only arty, but also anti-aircraft. 3 minutes ago via web

Well wouldn't that be a pain in the butt if North Korea were to launch a massive air campaign against the island?

Another ex-unification minister urges halt of drill. Chung Dong-young tells press NKorea is "making calculated moves with clear-cut goals." 1 minute ago via twtkr

Not good.

W7VOA Yonhap just ran a story saying more in Seoul "suffering from high blood pressure, depression." Great timing for story release! 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Indeed.

You would never know from some of the American reporters in Seoul that there are many S.Koreans who disagree with their gov't on NK. less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Well yeah people can't agree on anything at 100%.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
W7VOA AP: #ROK says fighter jets launched to deter #DPRK attacks.

??

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
From Steve Herman's twitter:
AP: #ROK says fighter jets launched to deter #DPRK attacks.

Ummmm...what???

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
BREAKING CNN: South Korea's planned live-fire military exercises have started, according to the country's ministry of defense.

South Korea's planned live-fire military exercises started Monday afternoon, the country's ministry of defense said. FULL STORY

www.cnn.com...
/www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

Just ``in case``...

S. Korea tepid on N. Korea's reported deal to allow U.N. nuclear inspectors

North Korea seems to be trying again to fool the international community with a reported agreement to allow U.N. inspectors back to its key nuclear facilities, a senior South Korean official said Monday.

Yeah me thinks this will be a big joke once again.

North Korea will still go ahead with their nuclear test on April 15.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Getting worse

AP: #ROK says fighter jets launched to deter #DPRK attacks.
2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

edit on 19/12/10 by Morgil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

Are they launching these fighters as precautionary, or reactionary measure? I surely hope as a precautionary measure because it would be unfortunate if NK actually is going to strike back.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

betterthansteve KBS: ROK II Marine Div commander: Fog will definitely prove difficult since training is not only arty, but also anti-aircraft. 3 minutes ago via web

Well wouldn't that be a pain in the butt if North Korea were to launch a massive air campaign against the island?

Another ex-unification minister urges halt of drill. Chung Dong-young tells press NKorea is "making calculated moves with clear-cut goals." 1 minute ago via twtkr

Not good.

W7VOA Yonhap just ran a story saying more in Seoul "suffering from high blood pressure, depression." Great timing for story release! 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Indeed.

You would never know from some of the American reporters in Seoul that there are many S.Koreans who disagree with their gov't on NK. less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Well yeah people can't agree on anything at 100%.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

And how will the DPRK launch a massive air campaign without having something that resembles a modern battle ready air force?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

From what I am reading precautionary.. but still unprecedented I believe.

link   
reply to post by Morgil

This is old news... they have not launched jets to bomb North Korea.... not unless the North attack the island.

S. Korean military begins live-fire artillery drill near N. Korea

The drill began at around 2:30 p.m., an official at the South's Joint Chiefs of Staff said.

"It won't last long," he said on condition of anonymity.

Just about saving face...

link   
reply to post by Morgil

Huh??...so they've already attacked?...wow

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Voiceoftreason

And how will the DPRK launch a massive air campaign without having something that resembles a modern battle ready air force?

They still can launch a full air campaign... I'm not saying it will be successful.
But massive fog would sure help their chances. They will still be slaughtered.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by Morgil

Huh??...so they've already attacked?...wow

No there was nothing said about an attack that had already begun.

link   
I guess this is just SK porturing themselves, sending a message to NK.
They launched jets to deter the attack itself, not to respond to it.

my .02

#ROK Defense Ministry: Jet fighters in the air on alert. #Koreas
2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

edit on 20/12/2010 by MorfeuZ because: adding info

link   
Just saw on CNN news ticker at bottom, "Russia Warns of Serious Conflict within hours."

new topics

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join