It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret U.S. 'eavesdropping' satellite blasted into space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I wanted to bring this to the attention of my fellow ATS members just in case you guys missed it. Being non-American, I don't really understand what the NRO does, is that the same as the NSA?

A top secret U.S. spy satellite strapped to one of the most powerful rockets in the world blasted into space yesterday. The satellite was described by the National Reconnaissance Office as 'the largest in the world'.

Link< br />

edit on 11.22.10 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My first thought on this when I read the title is that they will use this eavesdropping satellite over the homeland to spy even more on Americans. With all the talk of revolution all around the internet and overthrowing the government going on, they know the people are very unhappy. This could be the tool they use so they can hear what we are planning before it happens IMO.

Big Brother can see you everywhere you go, now he will be able to hear you also.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
so, they wouldn't be using this against other nations? guess that's one time I can consider myself lucky that I'm not American.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Oh yes, they will use it against all the people all around the world. Nobody is safe with this one. ...........

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Just what we need.

NRO is part of the Department of Defense. NRO's focus is 100% spy stuff I think, mostly satellites. But NRO works in cahoots with NSA, NASA, CIA, etc. It's all a big cluster*uck.

edit on 11/22/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
I wanted to bring this to the attention of my fellow ATS members just in case you guys missed it. Being non-American, I don't really understand what the NRO does, is that the same as the NSA?

A top secret U.S. spy satellite strapped to one of the most powerful rockets in the world blasted into space yesterday. The satellite was described by the National Reconnaissance Office as 'the largest in the world'.

Link< br />

I wonder if it has anything to do with this. Please go to before it VANISHES. I cannot get the vid to work on here, i need help. Go to youtube and punch in ( cameras in digital convert boxes beware.) They putting them into your t.v boxes and your t.v.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Ahh that makes me so paranoid.
It's like that story I read recently about the camera's in video gaming systems being used to tape people. I hope none of it's true. We have enough intrusive camera action going on in our daily lives already. I don't think the converter box thing is true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it actually did happen soon. Not so sure about the video game cameras though, that might be true.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ

Ahh that makes me so paranoid.
It's like that story I read recently about the camera's in video gaming systems being used to tape people. I hope none of it's true. We have enough intrusive camera action going on in our daily lives already. I don't think the converter box thing is true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it actually did happen soon. Not so sure about the video game cameras though, that might be true.
I hate to say it , but this actually goes on. Don't beleive me, check out youtube or take apart your box or t.v and find it. SERIOUSLY.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
T.V these days is a GOV'T PEEP SHOW. Why do you think they went thru all that trouble to change t.v to digital. To spy on YOU.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The person who made the video admitted it was a hoax. What scares me more is the whole being able to listen through our cell phone's microphone even if they are off thing. Last I heard that was true.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

If it is ELECTRONIC, they can hear or see you or both. Did you know that a speaker can be used as a mircrophone? We have LED cameras. BY the way, YOUR T.V, is it a LED? If so, they can see you on it and hear you thru the speaker. home eee.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
How do you think police track you down? By psychics. NO. Did you know that all cars after 1990 have a chip in them so that they can be located. All the police need is the code on the chip to activate it and track it. BINGO, you found your car by satilite. Technology is so grand, but can be intruder like. We have LED CAMERAS that you can buy. Your T.V might be a LED. Did you buy a LED t.v and put it in the house? If they can make cameras out of LED'S and your tv is a LED, do you see where im going with this? HELL, i have my P.C hooked to my T.V. a LED t.v and it is a 42 inch screen.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
THINK AGAIN, PEOPLE. Watch the truth. www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

seriously, your suspicions about LEDs and televisions and cameras might be better off if you made a separate thread about them. as this is the space forum, can we limit the discussion to matters pertaining to the satellite and speculate about what capabilities it might have, or provide its makers with?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

ok. sure. good idea, i'll do that.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Just wanted to add that Nite Owl is right about the LED TVs. I have seen the patents and some working examples. It is crazy. They don't even need a camera! The TV screen itself can actually function as a camera lens, recording all that happens in front of it! I don't know if it really is being used or in production but nothing suprises me anymore.

Sorry I don't mean to derail your thread, I just thought it was interesting and worth mentioning.

As for the satellite, that sucks too. Just what the scum government needs, more capacity to watch/listen to our every move.

I thought when I first read the title of the thread, you were saying that somehow one of their spy satellites was lost in deep space. I was excited. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up. S&F.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Sorry I even responded to Nite Owl in the first place, didn't mean to derail things.

Here's some more info on the satellite:

The payload is believed to be an electronic eavesdropping satellite with a huge collecting antenna. In a September address to the Air Force Association, NRO Director Bruce Carlson said the Delta 4 was carrying "the largest satellite in the world." "I believe the payload is the fifth in the series of what we call Mentor spacecraft, a.k.a. Advanced Orion," Ted Molczan, a respected satellite tracker, told Spaceflight Now. "They are among the largest satellites ever deployed." Once on station, the satellite presumably will unfold a huge, lightweight antenna to tap into targeted military or civilian communications networks. "The satellite likely consists of sensitive radio receivers and an antenna generally believed to span up to 328 feet to gather electronic intelligence for the National Security Agency," Molczan told Spaceflight Now.

CBS Story

So they will be passing on information to the NSA.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

American military naval signals reconnaisance satellite. 4 launches, 1995.05.14 (USA 110) to 2009.01.18 (USA 171).

Highly classified advanced US signals intelligence satellite.

First date: 1995-05-14.
Last date: 2009-01-18. Number: 4 .

Link

something tells me those guys should update their page on Advanced Orion one of these days.
i wonder how Magnum/Mentor/Orion relates to Advanced Orion. it also says here that NROL-32 is a sigint satellite in a geosynchronous orbit. now the name Mentor brings to mind the idea of someone telling/teaching others how to do things. but i guess it wouldn't be as simple as saying that this Mentor satellite is responsible for telling all UAV assets in so-and-so sector to do this-or-that, would it?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
It's all a big cluster*uck.

Man you people have so many alphabet agencies.

I wonder what is the total amount of people that work in these secret jobs in usa?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join