It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name Something You Can Do Without Government Permission?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Did anyone say masturbate?

edit on 22-11-2010 by js331975 because: Yes it is on page 2

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have a question for Americans: can you build a fence around your property (around owned land)? can you build it any height you want? Can you build it without permission? Or can you plant a tree anywhere you want? How much you want? Because I've heard that at least some residential areas or states (I don't really remember) doesn't allow that.. If thats true that is insane...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 13ssA

It's been my experience that in many residential developements, if you agree to live in the developement, you also agree to live by the rules laid out by the developer and the Home Owners Association or HOA. Some of the rules can be extreme in trying to preserve the residents property values...I lived in one once...hated it. I will never live in another one again, can't change the colors of your own poop without the permission of the HOA... I told them and my ex-wife to go to Hades... some call it Hell...I call it Hades.

Anyway, outside of these areas, you can do many things with your property...some towns and cities are stricter than others...and you have guidelines to follow...and permits to obtain. I told them to go to Hades too.

I moved to the country..."sho'nuff country" and I love it. I can do what I want, when I want, how I want, and it ain't no one's business. In most rural agricultural areas, agriculture is "king" and anything done in the name of agriculture is wide open.

I can build as many fences as I want, I can plant trees where I want, what kinds I want, build sheds and barns like I want...power and water DO need a permit...that's why I like solar...just me and the sun.

Also, have enough common sense not to plant on the power line right of ways...trees grow up and into the power lines..the electric companies will trim and/or cut them down... also, their are certain niceties to follow... try not to have too many barns up wind of your neighbor, have good fences if you are gonna keep livestock...it aint cheap replacing bushes and plants your goats ate... keep your dogs in your yard if your neighbors have livestock... know whats on the otherside of those woods when you shoot guns...stuff like that...it is more a matter of respect and decency than anything. beyond that, what you do is your business.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Masturbate?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I know I can't just extend my porch out the 5 feet I'd like to so I could put my telescope in a good spot.
Cost me 500.00 for a permit to lay a few planks.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Smile, Love, be happy, help others.

Second line.
edit on 22-11-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Print $600 billion worth of unbacked US dollars, if I'm the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
How about changing the question to what we Americans (There isn't a "K" anywhere in the name) can't do without permission, the fact is Americans have far more freedoms and liberties than they care to realize.

The walls aren't closing in my friend, and they aren't going to be declaring marshall law anytime soon.

Relax.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Haha good one, hmmm

i can name all of the things i can't do, i beleive that is easier...

boning my gf
hitting my teacher? but i wouldn't do that
blast really loud music to annoy my neighbors
throw a house party
drink, too bad NYS is banning four loko (which is stupid because kids can still mix vodka and monster/red bull)
steal a car?

i have a lot more, but i do not feel like writing..

Also 1 thing i can do w/o the government whining like my mom...ride my bike with no handle bars?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13
Haha good one, hmmm

i can name all of the things i can't do, i beleive that is easier...

boning my gf
hitting my teacher? but i wouldn't do that
blast really loud music to annoy my neighbors
throw a house party
drink, too bad NYS is banning four loko (which is stupid because kids can still mix vodka and monster/red bull)
steal a car?

i have a lot more, but i do not feel like writing..

Also 1 thing i can do w/o the government whining like my mom...ride my bike with no handle bars?

edit on 22-11-2010 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Think.

Yes quietly, but dare not do it out loud.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You elected the law makers to make laws to restrict your freedom. So why do you complain? You paid them to restrict your freedom day and night year after year. If you want to be free, probably you should tell them to abolish all the unnecessary laws restricting our freedom. Or, we probably should fire them all.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Leave

Exit the country, at least when I left a few years back there was no check of 'papers' on the US side of the border ..actually there wasn't on the Mexican side to enter either now that I think about it. I guess all that has changed now.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

If we even so much as tap our drumset or strum a guitar (or mandolin) in my neighborhood our old rightous republican christrian neighbors (really it is just one) call the police! When the good old parkville police come they tell us if we play again tonight, even if we are not playing when they arrive, they will arrest us! I always ask them what crime and they tell me if I don't shut up they will arrest me right now! I am 34 and a doctor, I own my home, I go to bed at a decent hour, I pay my taxes... Apprently I can't play my instruments however. I have tried calling internal affairs, the newspaper, posted here about it, hired a lawyer and nothing short of selling my home is going to fix the problem. Why should I have to move, I will outlive them I swear I will!

If I went out early in the morning to enjoy a sunrise they would call the cops about that too and apprently there is nothing I can do about it. I may win in court and the charges dropped (already happened actually) but that was after missing days of work, 2K in lawyers fees and it just made the gestapo police angerier! Now I have to clear my record which is going to take months!

Our tent/canopy which we use to sit under outside (which they have already called code enforcement about) blew over last week into thier yard, they called police about that even though there was no damage and complained because my husband was only wearing his boxer shorts in our yard!

"Laughter of a child" Same neighbors sent us a letter asking us to please keep our kids in the house while they are enjoying thier pool, because it stresses them out too much! On another occasion they called the cops because my son was in the back yard making too much noise, on a Saturday at 9:30 am. Told the police we had locked him out and our children were in distress. Police came over, of course my kids were fine, my husband said what about charging them with calling in a false report. The police told us there was nothing they would do.

edit on 11/23/2010 by kupoliveson because: add more

edit on 11/23/2010 by kupoliveson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Take a piss in the woods when no ones watching.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

FYI I do not live in a development, I do not have assoication fees. So apprently you have to read all 300+ pages of the local county rules (which I now have). No one tells you that when you sign your mortgage papers but they should. The worst part of it there is NOTHING you can do! No appeal what code enforcement says goes, if they take you to court and you do not obey (they did not like that my kids bikes were in the yard and not in an enclosed building, for example) they will press criminal charges and fine you 200$ a day. I talked to lawyers, I talked to politicans and this is the truth! It was unbelievable to me but yet it is true!

We are not free

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Procreate?

Skitz

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Worship God

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Deleted by me.
edit on 23-11-2010 by FlyingJadeDragon because: Irrelevant post-sort of goes off topic-sorry...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kupoliveson

I am sorry to hear that... sounds like a nice place to leave.

Have you considered running for local office, and changing the rules?
I don't know if you are able, but are you able to sell your home and move somewhere more aggreeable with your views.
You are right, they don't tell you all the rules and ordinances when you buy a home...buyer beware is the name of the game. Best thing I ever did was take a real estate course... not with the intention of ever becoming an agent, but for the info...
I hope you are not tied down to the point of having no alternatives, if so...my heart goes out to you. You are always welcome here in NC.
Good Luck...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join