It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think Satan in the Bible represents Logic[Faith wost enemy]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Does anybody agree with me?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with you. Faith vs Logic: The Ultimate Battle.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
nope.
satan was a fallen angel , also known as lucifer ( son of the morning ). The bible is clearly talking about an entity not a thought process and is referred to as "him " not " it " .

I do agree that logic is the opposite of faith , but if logic were satan , that would mean that faith is God , which it isn't.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Reconciler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

Actually all of you couldn't be more wrong. Satan is an Angel and Angels have no free will.
Satan in the Bible
This site above offers great support to why Satan and other Angel's are incapable of rebelling.
Source
This source here is also great dealing with the Lucifer title.

“Lucifer” (light-bearer)is a generic title referring to the morning star (Venus). As such, it has been used throughout history to refer to Satan, Christ, and others. With this in mind, Isaiah 14:12 starts out “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!”. Taken as a separate verse, this appears to refer to the battle of angels – however, the PASSAGE starts at Isaiah 12:4 “Thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon” and towards the end is Isaiah 14:22 “For I will rise up against them saith the Lord of hosts, and cut of from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, Saith the Lord.” Thus Lucifer in the Old Testament refers to some unnamed Babylonian king.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

I definitely agree.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think it depends on how you interpret the bible. There are many different ways to understand the bible, and I guess the answer would depend on the individual, as opposed to the writing.

IMHO, I think there is something to that logic. There is a message that many people disagree upon, and will plague our planet, until someone steps forward with the correct interpretation, until then, "to each his own".

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't think I agree with your premise. I don't think it was meant to be a stab at logic. The people who wrote the Christian religion didn't believe that logic was an enemy of faith or anything like that. Satin represents evil, as far as my knowledge of the bible is concerned and while the bible does call for faith I don't think it necessarily implies that logic is bad and that people shouldn't think for themselves.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well , when we do anything , we use either the conscious mind , or the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind deals with things that we dont need to think about like walking , or blinking. These are automatic.

The other part of my mind deals with problem solving and things i need to think about like , what will i wear today ? how much change will i have left if i buy X . Y and Z ,
so to say that problem solving is satan is just ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have been debating that in my head lately. Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reconciler
nope.
satan was a fallen angel , also known as lucifer ( son of the morning ). The bible is clearly talking about an entity not a thought process and is referred to as "him " not " it " .

I do agree that logic is the opposite of faith , but if logic were satan , that would mean that faith is God , which it isn't.

Or perhaps logic is satan while god is illusion.

What has satan done except try and bring people away from god?

And what has god done but tell us we're on our own...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I personally believe that there is a cause and effect to everything..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Does anybody agree with me?

Without logic you will not be able to ask this question. In fact you will not be able to put together meaningful sentence or read the Bible. Logic is base of our understanding of World. Theology is logic applied to unverifiable presumptions. But if you look on Eden story ... well may be you are right

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yes - you are spot on!, Satan or at least Lucifer the 'light bearer' represents the emergeance of an intellectual self in man - one that is prepared to defy instinctive and programmed social responses, and seek knowledge for itself by trial and error!, one that decides for itself what is 'good or bad' according to it's own reasoning.

Of course this leads to the 'end justifies the means' - the philosophy that the elites allways ascribe to - whilst promoting the exact opposite to the masses via Religious prohibitions.

Once the smart monkeys learned this trick - it becomes inevitable that they will eventually write re-write thier own genome, develop A.I, Nano tech and god knows what else - think hyper smart, immortal, cyborg, jihaddis, borg swarming the universe.

This I believe is what has been fundamentally behind all the 'Religions' and now the push for a NWO - and a totally controlled population.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
If God cannot stand up to the scrutiny of logic.... Well... Then he's not much of a God, huh?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well it certainly seems to apply to the Gnostic descriptions (and later interpretations) of the Archons. The chief Lord of the Archons, some say, is a parallel to the Satan of the bible. The Archons are supposed to be robotic in their character and logic is certainly a robotic process. It seems difficult to imagine a cyborg being programmed to have faith or use intuition.

Christians say that Satan is so skilled at tempting human beings because he is such a past master of human nature and understands the predictability of it - the biological and psychological programs.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
it seems all religions ask us to stop using our own brians and accept whatever the person in charge of the religion, church, mosque, temple tells us

also they tell us that the ancient books have all the answers - written ages before the current level of proven factual knowledge

we are supposed to put all that aside and choose to do as the ancient books say or as the person in charge of our church, mosqye or temple tells us to do

i dont know but I believe that religions set us up to be taken advantage of

I believe if there truly is a god then he or she would want us to use our brains to think

why else were we ever given brians?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
we are given brains to think.
God says " I set before you this day , life , and death. Now , YOU choose "
By deductive reasoning , we come to the conclusion that doing drugs , smoking like a train , and getting plastered every single night , is bad. This is NOT satan. It is logic

By our own experience and working things out , we deduce , that the things that God wants for us , re not bad things.

The word " Logic " is a greek word logos , which means reason.
It is exactly the same word that is used in John chapter 1 verse 1 where it says

" In the beginning was the word ( logos ) and the word ( logos ) was with God , and the word (logos ) was God.

So , to say that satan is logic..........

....................is not logical captain

new topics

top topics

join