It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kryptos Artist to Reveal Rare Clue to Baffling CIA Sculpture.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70988fd956a0.jpg[/atsimg]

Kryptos sleuths may finally get some help cracking the CIA sculpture that has confounded amateur and professional cryptographers for two decades.

Artist Jim Sanborn, who created the cypher sculpture in 1990 for CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, plans to release a new clue to help puzzle detectives solve the last 97 characters of his masterpiece. The new clue is to be revealed in a New York Times article this weekend, to mark the 20th anniversary of the sculpture, which was dedicated Nov. 3, 1990.

It will be the first clue Sanborn has revealed in four years, after he corrected a typo in his sculpture in 2006 to keep crypto detectives from being derailed in their search for solutions.

Kryptos Artist to Reveal Rare Clue

---------------------------------------------

The clue will shown in the New York Times article, celebrating the Kryptos 20 Year Anniversary.. Of the 4 sections of the Krypto's 3 have already been deciphered back in 1998, but the 4th one, 97 characters has yet to be. Check out the link to see what was deciphered from the 3 sections.

I think I'll just stick to my connect-the-dot puzzles.

edit on 17-11-2010 by Oozii because: Font........Never.........Works.......Until.........EDITED.........

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think I have the answer.

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Years ago i tried to get on the Kryptos decipher bandwagon. It was over my head then. Maybe i'll try again with this new clue.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'd laugh if it turned out to say something like "The NSA are better"

Or "MI6 / MI5 are better"

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luke.S
I'd laugh if it turned out to say something like "The NSA are better"

Or "MI6 / MI5 are better"

I think it says "All your base are belong to King Tut."

edit on 18-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Always loved reading about Kryptos, I think its a phenomenal piece. I read the news this morning and am pretty excited to see if it will benefit those who are working on the puzzle.

"In part of the code that's been deciphered, I refer to an act that took place when I was at the agency and a location that's on the ground of the agency," Sanborn told Wired News. "So in order to find that place, you have to decipher the piece and then go to the agency and find that place."

Sanborn may be referring to something he buried on the CIA grounds, though he's not saying. The decrypted text mentions a burial and gives latitude and longitude coordinates (38 57 6.5 N, 77 8 44 W), which Sanborn said referred to "locations of the agency." The coordinates, slightly altered, appear on the Da Vinci Code book jacket. Brown made the first number 37 instead of 38; he's said that he may reveal the reason in future books. Some sleuths have determined that the coordinates on the sculpture mark a spot on the CIA grounds about 150 feet from the sculpture. Others have placed it elsewhere, however.

Read More www.wired.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I can read it, it says
"Screw you all, we run the world, do what we want, and you will never know about it"

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

I think it says "All your base are belong to King Tut."

Could it get any better than that? The unsolved part must be anticlimactic.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
how about "we are the CIA, we run drug operations around the world to fund the most criminal black operations you could imagine"

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
So when is the new clue being released?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BluePillOrRedPill

The new clue appears to be some kind of base 6 resonance from what I can tell looking at it briefly.
Check this series out.

NYPVTT maps to Berlin maybe someone on ATS can post the message.
BERLIN 12, 18+2, 24+3, (30+4-24), (36+5-30), (42-36)

edit on 23-11-2010 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Did anyone solve this yet? Maybe there is a link to the long lost secrets of the knights Templer hidden in a secret underground location at Tempelhof airport? The story about a fortune of gold flown out of Berlin aboard Wagners JU52?

join