It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA promises spaceship that can "travel between alien worlds", in next few years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of pat downs the TSA would conduct for space flight let alone earthbound aircraft hahaha

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Does it really matter to us if they build a craft to take them to other worlds? It's not like their going to come back and tell the general public if they found anything amazing, There's enough controversy about what they won't let us see on the moon and mars, I say pull all funding paid for by taxpayers until we get to see more than rocks and pictures of rocks, I think they've been holding out with the good stuff long enough.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So that is Impulse engines down. Just warp reactors and warp engines to go. Hopefully the ships will look like star trek which I imagine they will (Saucer section, possibly a secondary engineering hull (unless it is like Star Trek Enterprise) Two warp Nacelles.)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a "few years" is 3 or 4 years...
hopefully they deliver on this promise.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
a "few years" is 3 or 4 years...
hopefully they deliver on this promise.

Noo, i think a few years in their words indicates 30-40 years..
Seem like they miss out on a nr there!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think this '100 Year Starship' plan is the same as the "Free Ranging Space Ships" mentioned a few months ago. Here is an ATS thread on that subject:

"NASA to consider Free Ranging Space Ships"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Star Trek fans, prepare to get excited - electric propulsion is here, according to Mr Worden.

Indeed, we will see electric propultion take us between the stars because all of space is filled with electrified plasma.

Plasma cosmology is the only true cosmology.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

If they are promising this in "a few years", why is it called the "Hundred Year SpaceShip"? I couldn't find anything in the article that indicates the headline. It seems to me this guy is throwing a whole lot of hot air around in order to scare up some funding. If he's going to say things like that - could we at least ask for some kind of simple, demonstrable proof of concept?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by warza

idk..hundred year ship sounds similar to that egyptian gods ship too

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think the '100 years' is the time required for the ship to (electric) plasma-propel it's self to visit (orbit): Mars, Venus, Mercury, and then out to visit the moons of Jupiter.

No warp-drive mentioned in the article.

edit on 11/19/2010 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join