It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Survival Plans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I type this out of curiosity. I want you to be honest...and I guess you can tell jokes if you want (As long as you tell me a honest answer first).

As I see it, the people on this forum are prepared for EVERYTHING! They have food, shelter, guns, and plans. They have it all. But do you have a Zombie Survival Plan?

It seems like a joke to me, I don't know why. But I felt like asking.

I'll check back in a few minutes I have to go do something for about half and hour.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

My zombie survival plan is easy...

Walk rapidly away. Repeat as necessary.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

1..where you going to sleep?
2.. what happens when u have zombified birds, or other scavengers?
3..what are you going to eat?

if it never happens, woot. if it does, i hope to god it stays in humans, ad cant be spread through the air. yea walking away would work with the normal "slow" zombies, but in that hypothetical, you would probably die of hunger/thirst before you can actually say u survived the dawn of the dea

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'll be heading for high ground well away from populated areas. I'll then wait it out while the zombie hoard burns itself out and then head back out and personally kick start the world repopulation effort.

There is some great resource material out there for just such an event, all of which I highly recommend:

'We're Alive' - A Story of Survival podcast

'You've Got Dead on You' podcast

'How to Survive a Zombie Apocolypse' podcast. Dr Dale et al crack me up. I think I met Trystan in Tesco last week

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Some of my friends were discussing the "zombie apocalypse" and how they would survive. Their brilliant plan involved going to a roof because zombies can't climb ladders (?) I'm sure they learned that from some Hollywood movie they take as verbatim. At first I thought they were joking, but they were talking about it so intently that they had their eyes turned away from sports, so I knew it must have been something they truly believed in. Playing along, I mentioned that you would need a shotgun to take off the zombie's heads (as everyone knows a zombie can still kill you with one arm), I then realized that none of them had any guns at all lol. I then mentioned the fact that the real 'apocalypse' would occur through a currency manipulation or perhaps a foreign invasion of troops (troops who ARE smart enough to climb ladders), their eyes had a dazed look on their face. One of them joked that he couldn't trust our friend Mr. X (name withheld) because he believed Mr. X would probably be the first to turn into a zombie and thus become an "informant" for the rest of the zombies. At that point I realized something: they ARE the zombies, the sheeple that sit around preparing themselves for the zombie apocalypse while the real troubles are brewing right underneath their noses. And if you ever bring up this to some half-rational person about an end of the world scenario, they'll just assume you're talking about the Zombie apocalypse and it's all just fiction.

So in conclusion, the federal reserve's quantitative easing doesn't exist, government psy-ops don't exist, false flags don't exist, but zombies exist. Be prepared.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Haha you guys are awesome. I love the plans and Ideas but I was literally asking the people of this forum if they actually had one.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone did.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I saw a truck today that had a sign on it that said something like.. "Zombie Response Unit." I think some of that may be wrong... but it was very similar to that.. I was amazed.. I'm not one to like the whole zombie talk.. but I was diggin it.. It wasn't a fancy truck, just an old pick up with a ladder on it..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

I'll check back in a few minutes I have to go do something for about half and hour.

Well I'm not a zombie survival expert by any stretch ... but you certainly aren't going to survive a zombie apocalypse with that laissez-faire attitude.

As far as any serious plans, they are on hold until zombie no. 1 shows up and proves to me that zombies exist.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Btw watching the zombie podcast right now. Nice find. Seems good.

How long is each episode?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Keep a couple of friends close by for support.

Mine are Smith & Wesson

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

[
no. 1 shows up and proves to me that zombies exist.

5 Reasons that a zombie thingy could happen! WITH SCIENCE!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well there you go ... in that case my plan is to kill them with kindness and passive aggressive sarcasm.

Edit to add: To be honest that's my plan with just about everything.

edit on 5 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well that all depends on what type it is:

- Phoenix

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

Here you go the classic civil defense film.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Was it Noel Coward who said, 'Sarcasm is the last weapon of a defeated wit'? If that's the case, I'm doomed! It's all I've got!

Actually, if wit was s*** , I'd be constipated!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

are we talking old school, limping, shuffling, moaning, slow-motion zombies, as in the Romero classics (or Shawn of the Dead,

or the current crop of undead sprinters (28 Days Later, Zombieland) screaming and vomiting blood, as seems to be the current fashion?

initial food supply/headquarters: warehouse style store (Sam's Club, CostCo) Walmart is also a good choice, as they stock firearms and ammunition

if the invasion continues - relocation to rural or wooded area with access to water and arable land

high vantage point a major plus

in addition to weaponry, Walmart also carries seeds for gardening and equipment to reload spent cartridges

(i'm actually not such a fan of Walmart, but, hey, bloody ZOMBIES, man!)

vehicle(s) of choice: Humvee, Peterbilt 18-wheel Semi with trailer (for evac to remote base camp)

weapons of choice:

long-range: M24 7.62mm Sniper Rifle (modified Remington 700)

mid-range: Mosberg 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun

short-range: Sig Sauer .40 cal pistol (hollow point ammunition)

hand-to-hand: ninja to - japanese/samurai type sword, but with a straight blade, shortened for better close-quarters combat

truthfully, this was fun, but the dead coming back to feast on the flesh of the living is far less disturbing to me than the living that thrive on the efforts of others, draining the life from the common, leaving disaster in their wake

happy apocalypse!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

Well, in that case, I refer to you rules #1 and 18!!!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You'd better get running then Heff

- Phoenix

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well if one is going to be truly prepared.

[align=center] Proper attire [load-Out] is critical[/align]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f72afc98a5d.jpg[/atsimg]

Proper transportation is also critical

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/299087d59c2a.jpg[/atsimg]

[align=center]And finally beware of [Zombie Kits] sold online![/align]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43b83a851a09.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 5-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Definitely. The ghost buster t-shirt is the most important piece of kit of course *nodnods*

- Phoenix

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join