It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Survival Plans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Please, please, oh please! Someone please enlighten me on any evidence, theory, or speculation that a Zombie outbreak is even feasible. I consider Situation X planning as much as possible, inside the norms of sanity, but is are zombies even something I should waste time and preparation for? Is it possible, or is it a make believe fantasy like imagining what super power you'd love to have?

I'm familiar with voodoo practices with pufferfish toxin, but that doesn't result in a monster. Not here to be condescending, just wondering the probability this is even a realistic possibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I already linked it earlier in the thread. Do I really need to look up the link again?

LINK!
edit on 11/5/2010 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

OMG Heff I had a mouth full of coffee when I read that !

Yeah, I can't honestly picture the "modern" zombie type creature either. Infected living, maybe. Zombie.. no way.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

There really is no such thing as a single 'Zombie Survival Plan' - you need several contingencies, depending on whether or not the condition is infectious or contagious, and the cause. Key questions include:

1. What is the cause/source? ...Mutation? Virus? Bacteria? Other?

2. Is it infectious or contagious?

3. Is it natural and of-the-earth, natural-alien or genetically engineered?

4. If contagious, what are the vectors? How is it spread? (Ie., by volcanic ash, exchange of bodily fluids, eating beef, consuming bone marrow byproducts, etc.)

5. What are the effects / symptoms? Is it true-zombie, cannibalistic-zombie or something else?

6. Does the zombie infection or mutation confer an evolutionary advantage? (Like sickle cell anemia protects against malaria.)

7. If so, is that evolutionary advantage best served by a large-dose or small-does exposure?

....As you can see, the answers to these questions are critical in determining the most appropriate response.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Wait ... are we talking about zombies or are we talking about love?

The strategies seem related.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I missed your link earlier, sorry. However, that entertaining read did not sway me enough to put serious effort or thought into zombie preparation. Seems more likely to be a fluke and rarity, rather than a wide-scale outbreak.

Most zombie prep I'm considering is the same prep as if social unrest occurs. Entertaining and scary thought, but I'm not convinced.

Respectfully.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just for the fun of it:
Suppose it's the classic "zombie-apocalypse" zombies due to some chemical mishap, like in the Romero-movies.
In that case:
-Clean water storage. (already have that)

-explosive rounds, maybe with mercury filling. Given tha fact that something already dead won't be bothered by holes, but WILL be hampered due to exploding extremities...
Square buck-shot will do too for close-range.

-have a diesel-car fixed with blades on the wheels like some Roman war-carriages, to "mow" a pathway to the city-limits. Diesel-car with ordinary carbs, not fuel injection, so one can use about every oil available for driving. Old Mercs run very well on frying oil. Top-Gear has proven that without any doubt.

-And, most importantly, have my swords sharp. Got a flamberge, a one-half hander, 2 sorts of claymores. Should come in handy if shooting them with exploding rounds (that will eventually run-out) is no option.

-stuff said car with ramen-noodles and water, head for the mountains, and preferably put some rivers between me and the "hordes of smelly undead" (Hey..Ain't I describing financial-district city-dwellers in general here?..
)

-Hope that ordinary wild-life won't be zombiefied... I DO like some roast every now&then.

ooohkay..mad thread here. Fun though

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

True, the conditions of being a zombie and being in love are related. However, in the moment one can consider strategy for love, one must also immediately recognize that the condition is not true, therefor immaterial to any discussion regarding one's response to a zombie scenario.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
dear, poor, friend. as you are asking, i must assume you DO NOT have one.. **sigh** (shaking head) lol.
but seriously, and in all honesty.. stack of bibles. YES. yes i do. (i don't sleep much) 14 handwritten pages, just in case i bite it.. yeeah, i said it.. for who ever is with me. complete with instructions.. not for me, for them.. diagrams, check lists. instructions for hot wiring cars, and what type... everything i could think of... it's pretty detailed.. took me a while.. i wrote and rewrote.. i must have revised it 50 times...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

I missed your link earlier, sorry. However, that entertaining read did not sway me enough to put serious effort or thought into zombie preparation. Seems more likely to be a fluke and rarity, rather than a wide-scale outbreak.

Most zombie prep I'm considering is the same prep as if social unrest occurs. Entertaining and scary thought, but I'm not convinced.

Respectfully.

As it was a joke it should be treated that way. The article was a joke. But it was the Scientific reasons that it could happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack:

1. Organize before they rise!
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades don’t need reloading.
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

Thanks Max Brooks

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Zombie? we are living with them Now!
look around you.
some even get on ATS.
take a close look at Obama.
"oh no my finngers fell if agine"

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Then let's pray the "28 Days Later", "I am Legend", or "Quarantine" type zombies aren't the ones we'll be facing! Cuz I have no idea how I would survive those guys!

I saw what happened in the newest remake of "Dawn of the Dead," so a fortified safe house wouldn't work. They'd just keep arriving in mass, utterly surrounding the building indefinitely.

I'd love to say just walk around with an RPG, but that isn't realistic.. there are no cheat codes in real life. I think I'd just run, hide, run, get eaten

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
AMC has a new series out called "Walking Dead" Ive seen the first two and they are pretty good from what I see, it will be interesting to see how it grows.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slayer,

How much for the bike? It would be great for clearing traffic when I'm running late for work! BTW my friends are Heckler & Koch.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
in preparation of any survival scenario we should take atleast 20-30 minutes out of our days to exercise. preferably cardio exercise specialy if they are the running kind.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
"If we're going to do something, then lets do it! If we're just gonna stand around bull#ting, let's do it in the basement! WHERE IT'S SAFE!!" - Harry Cooper

But if all else fails, I pre-ordered 10 pallets of this handy product:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33980bb87050.jpg[/atsimg]

PS -!!WORLD PANIC DAY IS NOVEMBER 26th, 2010!! (meet you all at the Monroeville Mall...)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Some of the rules of Zombie survival plan:

- Eat brains from the one next to you
- If there is no-one near, put your arns forward and hunt the soon to be prehistoric creatures
- If there are no other creatures try to eat your own brain.
- take a belt with you (thanks to braindeath)
edit on 8-11-2010 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

Braindeath should be Bad Taste of course
edit on 8-11-2010 by Dumbass because: just being a dumbass again

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
C.C.D.T. My top three Zombie Rules
Cardio, Carbine, Double Tap

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

if we're pathetic enough to let a monetary system cause doomsday, then we deserve whatever we get.

back on topic, I grew up on zombie movies and video games, and have the zombie survival guide, when it happens, I got a wall around my home, hopefully no zombies will get in. guns, save them for raiders , use melee weapons, preferably something blunt, cool as swords are, they get stuck on bone and then you get chowed dwn on, crowbars are great.
Ideally you shouldn't even be in a situation where you have to crack zombie skulls, stay out of big cities, don't let yourself get surrounded. it's not the individual zombie that's a threat, it's large masses of them.

and always be sure to be fully stocked with Twinkies

if birds and animals can get infected, then in the words of John Lequizamo "always wanted to see how the other side lives"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join