It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

non-religious militias, is there such a thing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i actually know many different militia members, from all over the western u.s.
not to long ago i turned down an offer to join the arizona citizens militia due to the fact that when i met
the northern az. commander the first question he asked me was, 'are you a christian?'
is there such a thing as a militia which does not care what race, creed, color or religion you are?
i'm seriously wanting an answer to this question, so many say, oh, we don't care, but then when you get down to the nitty gritty, they really do care.
maybe it's time to start a nation wide militia that is open minded and welcomes all?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I don't know.

Even the National Guard has chaplains. I can't believe that you were asked if you were a Christian though. Maybe if you were joining an al Qaeda militia, I could understand why.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Jesus freaks are just as bad as the Taliban. To the bible thumpers, it has nothing to do with overthrowing our oppressive government, but getting their invisible sky zombie and his ideas into everyones daily life via governmental policy.

Only difference is the Taliban has access to much cooler toys than the jesus freak militias have here.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

hell, i wouldn't care if the militia had a chaplain. i think personal religious choice is a freedom.
it should not be a prerequisite for joining though.
i most likely still could have joined, just decided against it.
i don't blame a christian who wants to be with other christians when tshtf either.
i personally just want to be with a group who accepts people for who they are.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

i personally just want to be with a group who accepts people for who they are.

Me too. I hope most people would want to be in a group that accepted anyone except a traitor.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
to me the only question they should ask is, are you willing too defend your land, life and liberty with you life.that is a true patriot in my book.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes its called private security company's and whats nice is you can start one and have suppressors and sbr's 40mm grenades all the goodies that blackwater or Xe has. Hire/recruit individuals to get security clearances and be able to have the proper credentials ect for your state it cost a little money and you have to file the proper paper work with the batf and your local state but you can do it with friends to spread the cost of start up till you get contracts from your well to do CEO's private village/subdivision to patrol the grounds when SHTF.
edit on 5/11/10 by Arkansas because: added subdivision to last runon

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes.
Check to see if you have a state militia, they don't discriminate based on race or religion.
I am unsure if they have any requirements at all other than age.
Try here - www.arizonamilitia.com...
edit on 5-11-2010 by Asktheanimals because: added link

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

thanx, but those are the guys i turned down.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

that's a very interesting idea.
yet, i think i'd have trouble basically 'registering' in order to create such a thing.
maybe if i changed my identity first.

can you elaborate a bit more, or link me to more info?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Jesus freaks are just as bad as the Taliban. To the bible thumpers, it has nothing to do with overthrowing our oppressive government, but getting their invisible sky zombie and his ideas into everyones daily life via governmental policy.

Only difference is the Taliban has access to much cooler toys than the jesus freak militias have here.

Much cooler toys?

What are you smoking??!
If you join the taliban you'll be lucky if you get a grotty and bashed in AK-47!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

not necessarily cooler toys, but much the same. this is just one article of many

american weapons in the hands of the taliban

A platoon of U.S. soldiers crouched in the darkness of Afghanistan one night last April, awaiting a group of approaching Taliban fighters. The men of Second Platoon, Company B, had spent nine months fighting in the area, near the Pakistan border, and 11 of their members had been injured or killed. This time, Company B was primed for revenge. When the Taliban came close enough, the Americans hit them with automatic-weapons fire and grenades, mowing down at least a dozen enemy fighters. It was a decisive victory. But afterward, the troops made a startling discovery. A check of 30 magazines taken from the dead insurgents' rifles found that at least 17 held ammunition that bore the distinctive factory stamps of U.S. suppliers in California and the Czech Republic. The discovery—first made by a New York Times reporter who examined the ammunition at the scene, and later confirmed by the Pentagon—hints at a long-feared situation: that American-supplied arms are winding up with those trying to kill our troops. It wasn't the first such incident. In July 2008, Taliban fighters attacked a U.S. outpost in the Afghan village of Wanat, killing nine American troops and wounding 27. Military investigators later discovered a local police chief had helped carry out the attack. At his police post, they found a cache of more than 70 assault rifles that were probably U.S.-supplied. The investigators picked up three more guns near the battle site itself. But here's the most disturbing part: Pentagon officials say there's no way to know how the Taliban is getting these weapons. They could be stolen or taken from dead government troops. They could even have been sold by our allies. (Private DynCorp contractors working for the United States have reported "multiple instances" of Afghan National Police personnel allegedly selling weapons to anti-American forces.) We just don't know, because we've lost track of tens of thousands of weapons and ammunition in Afghanistan. That's right. In January, the Government Accountability Office found that the U.S. military was not adequately tracking weapons supplied to Afghanistan's government security forces and in fact could not account for at least 87,000 of them, including machine guns and grenade launchers. Nor did the military keep reliable records for another 135,000 weapons supplied by NATO and other allies.

edit on 5-11-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

edit on 6/11/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Honestly, I am bummed. I see on the milita site that they are calling for volunteers to work in finding Zeta FO posts and weapons caches. I was trained in countersniper/mantracking operations but for being disabled would love to go to work down on the border. I can't do much more than try to defend my own house at this point

The Arizona militia site didn't appear to be christian oriented although the "flush the liberals" picture might have been a tip off.
I can certainly understand someone of your intelligence not wanting to join in with people with religious or political agendas. They have no place in a militia.
Freedom and the Constitution, yes.
Jesus and Republicanism, no!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Great Topic OP

This is something Ive been looking into for the past year, Ive run onto a deadend in my search. Ive run into a few groups who have said they didnt care, but when it boiled down to it, you know they looked down on you because of your views.
They will need us now to fight the bigger evil, then once that is done, it will be the non beleivers who go to the chopping block.
From what Ive found is the best non religious milita you can join is the one you form with friends and like minded neighbours.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Jesus and Republicanism, no!

i don't even mind any of that.
the way i see it, if and or when tshtf,
like my nam vet buddy says,
just keep it out of the foxhole.
when your back to back and it's the final showdown,
who cares what color, religion or political party you are.
you watch my back and i''ll watch yours.
those are the personal choices i'm willing to fight for.

and as far as acm, it may have been the commander for the area,
it may have been a few things, i don't want to make it sound like i'm telling people not to check into them.
it just reminded me of this christian oriented militia type shtf scenario book i read.
token jew, token black man, and in the end some of the christian members make it.
drawing a blank on the title or author.
edit on 6-11-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrioitinsheepclothing
Great Topic OP

This is something Ive been looking into for the past year, Ive run onto a deadend in my search.

From what Ive found is the best non religious milita you can join is the one you form with friends and like minded neighbours.

dammit, come on now, i figured people be like, hey check into these guys etc...
you're bumming me out, man.
anyhow, i'm pretty well connected with a large circle of friends and family around the southwest.
and, shhhh.........don't tell anybody, but,
there's been alot of organizing going on for years on the navajo and other rez's.
i'm blessed to be involved a bit there.

there's some really good folks involved with these guys.
southern n.m. militia

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

i believe that there should be non religous militia that practices a code of combat ethics. one that emphasizes promise to help rebuild when peace comes over the land, make a junkyard, fix cars and stuff, grow corn, make a car that runs off of hemp oil gasoline and to bring out more of the human genius factor in hope for at least tomorrow being peaceful. me i'm spiritual but not religous. i also don't like fact that many militias are religiously biased. it should not matter. the religious, the non religious, and the spiritual are all able bodied men and women putting thier lives on the line. in battle we are all brothers in arms and in peacetime, just for fun get together every year with those rings that have the turbines that make the whizzing sound for the million man ring whizzing march and barbecue. and maybe a few concerts
edit on 26-12-2010 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Never heard of one that wasnt christian there in the states.. They may not openly state it leaving people to find out the way the OP did.. Tbh scares the hell out of me christians running around in armed mobs along with the attitude in the states that everyone must be christian - preferable white, rich and christian or else you dont belong in their america.. Oh well when it falls apart will be breathing a big sigh of relief over here as they wont be screwing up the rest of the world while they have the inevetible witchhunts when the fall comes.. Tho do feel sorry for the innocents who will suffer at the hands of the christians during that time..

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
While you'd think there would be just one out there, unfortunately, the reason why today's militias are created are by their own nature extremist. Figuring that, the members of said militias require trust in a person who is joining--ipso facto, they must be the same, or close to the same as other members.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join