It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue-Colored UFO in Centreville 05.11.2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Good point,also the pilot could go FPV shut the lights down and land no problem.
To build and fly a RC aircraft with this technology is not as difficult or expensive as most would think.
I have many daylight on board in flight footage of my various RC aircraft down loaded on U-tube.I will be uploading night flying very soon.Lets hope my planes don't get confused with UFO's

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
[Good points you all made are very good...
good job !!!:
edit on 8-11-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: adddeditby]
edit on 8-11-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

are you serious? come on please!

thanks

rich

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Remember this UFO from January of 2007 in North Carolina?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a832f34329f9.jpg[/atsimg]

Hundreds of witnesses across three states, descriptions of the thing changing directions, one definitive photograph, yet local astronomers (who admittedly never saw the thing) dismissed it as a "bolide"...

Can anyone check the blue color to see if it matches the blue of this Virginia UFO?

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zesko Whirligan
Can anyone check the blue color to see if it matches the blue of this Virginia UFO?

— Zesko Whirligan
Why, do you think it was also an RC plane?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Does that LOOK like an RC plane?

And has the Virginia UFO been positively identified as a cheesy RC plane? I wasn't aware of that.

— Zesko Whirligan
edit on 11/9/2010 by Zesko Whirligan because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Does that LOOK like an RC plane?

And has the Virginia UFO been positively identified as a cheesy RC plane? I wasn't aware of that.

— Zesko Whirligan
edit on 11/9/2010 by Zesko Whirligan because: typo

Zesko, although that is an interesting picture, it is impossible to determine what it does or does not look like due to the huge amount of motion blur that is also shown by the scenery below the object, so an rc plane etc cannot be ruled out.

also someone has taken responsibility for the light in the op and said it was their rc plane.

also it is impossible to prove a light in a video is something because we do not have a time machine to go back to that moment, the best we can do is match it as closely as possible and find as much info as we can.

my opinion on the op is that it is an rc plane/helo or something of that nature.

thanks

rich

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by klatunictobarata

This has already been debunked.Please refer to this post www.abovetopsecret.com...

flyingfish seems to think it's been identified, I don't know about 100% but typicalaimster posted the info from the guy who said he was flying it and I don't have any reason to doubt him. So yes it was posted by typicalaimster on page 1 with flyingfish's reminder on page 2, so it helps to read the thread if you wanted to become aware that it had already been identified as an RC plane.

Regarding the photo you posted, it's a little off topic but it's a little fuzzy to tell what it is. Some RC planes don't look like RC planes, like the example I posted on page 2: www.abovetopsecret.com... But the blue light is in a circle similar to the circular pattern of blue lights on the RC plane. That thing has generated a number of UFO reports because it DOESN'T look like an RC plane, including some reports that said it was as big as a football field. Those witnesses must have thought it was a much larger object much higher up than it actually was to report that.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Arbitrageur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
someone has taken responsibility for the light in the op and said it was their rc plane.

Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't mean anything; in fact, it means less than the claim that it was an extraterrestrial craft. Why? Because this brilliant night-time RC aeronaut neglected to VIDEO his OWN STUNT and publish it as his own.

Seriously, you guys have gotta clean up your criteria for UFO sightings.

Here's what I know....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a50e0af50060.jpg[/atsimg]

Those are two different shades of blue. RGB values aren't even close.

Now, I could hold up a blue strobelight from RadioShack and say that I perpetrated this hoax with as much veracity as the amateur RC buff who has not, to my knowledge, provided any footage of his illuminated aircraft in-flight.

Are you bozos so easily convinced by after-the-fact mea culpas? Come on, boys, man-up and go ask that RC fan for some video footage with which we can compare.

God. You people give up SO easily.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zesko Whirligan

are you serious?. surely you realiise that both the photo and video were taken on two totally different cameras/phones which can give totally different colours, and the lighting in the room v the lighting outside will also have an effect on the colour, as can whatever level of exhaust fumes, weather conditions etc etc is outside!.

also the plane in the room is extremely close to the camera so you can see the actual LED light which is much brighter and of a different colour to that which it gives off.. as seen by the light reflected on the surfaces around it which is not too different to the light in the sky.

you can also buy many different colours and shades of LED.

thanks

rich
edit on 9-11-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
are you serious?

I can ask the same of you: Are you serious?

Do you, without investigation or research, just accept the first mea culpa that pops up, without asking him to provide footage of his plane for comparison?

That's not the Scientific Method, chum.

So, are you going to be serious UFO investigators or just armchair spectators? Take the STEPS to prove your hypotheses and disprove all other possibilities. Right?

Thus far, based on the sparse data contained in this thread, there is about as much conclusive evidence that it was an illuminated RC as there is of it being a Ceylon scout ship. LOL

— Zesko Whirligan
edit on 11/9/2010 by Zesko Whirligan because: Typo

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Lol I don't know about you guys, but if I ever see a flying neon light like this around near my house, I am pulling out the rifle and seeing if I can shoot it down lmao.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, I think I could discombobulate a neon RC vehicle pretty easily, and do so without violating any gun ordinances — can you say WRIST ROCKET?

— Zesko Whirligan
edit on 11/9/2010 by Zesko Whirligan because: Typo

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zesko Whirligan

Oh man, why didn't I think of that lmao. Rocks are way cheaper than bullets. I used to have one, not sure what happened to it though. I am planning on getting another one soon though, good addition to the BOB

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This incident happened in my backyard (I live within a few miles of there, and I'm VERY familiar with the location). I've heard from some local individuals who actually walked over and saw the guy flying his RC Radian Glider from a field behind the shopping center. The Radian is a foam/composite RC airplane, and it measures 2 Meters wide from wingtip-to-wingtip (It's electric powered as well, so it doesn't make a whole lot of noise compared to the classic gasoline powered models).

If any ATS members have further questions with regard to the location in questions, just give me a shout. I'll even be willing to take daytime photos of the spot if you wish (For comparisons sake).

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
If any ATS members have further questions with regard to the location in questions, just give me a shout. I'll even be willing to take daytime photos of the spot if you wish (For comparisons sake).

Plus since I fly at the same club the RC Pilot flies at I can ask him for more pictures of the RC plane. I'm sure he'll bring it to the next RC Club meeting. After seeing his setup I'm tempted to outfit one of my gliders with the same LED lights.

Seriously some people in this forum believe a little to much. I stopped into Hobby Hanger today, the folks that sold the glider pilot the LED lights for his glider. They are LAUGHING at some of the conspiracy posts people are making about this event. They even boasted about flying again with a switch that will allow you to alternate colors.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by typicalaimster

Thanks for the pics. Guess that puts a logical end to this story. And...I've got to get me one of these!

Gonna have to keep looking to the heavens...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by typicalaimster

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Plus since I fly at the same club the RC Pilot flies at I can ask him for more pictures of the RC plane. I'm sure he'll bring it to the next RC Club meeting. After seeing his setup I'm tempted to outfit one of my gliders with the same LED lights.

Seriously some people in this forum believe a little to much. I stopped into Hobby Hanger today, the folks that sold the glider pilot the LED lights for his glider. They are LAUGHING at some of the conspiracy posts people are making about this event. They even boasted about flying again with a switch that will allow you to alternate colors.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been wanting to try the entire lights on an RC model thing for quite a while now, but I've yet to purchase an RC helicopter or plane. Is it cool if I send you a PM for some advice on what models to look into purchasing?

Lol I like the alternate colors idea too!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Hey Agent19. The blue LED's can be purchased at a place called Hobby King online. Just search for Turnigy High Density R/C LED Flexible Strip-Blue. The glider is a Radian glider put out by park zone. Hobby King has one called the Easy Fly RTF Glider EPO. Radio Control models have come down drastically since I've started flying them. You can pick up a ready to go one for under $200 if you look around.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I believe we can put this story to bed..

www.myfoxdc.com...

Enjoy!

<< 1  2    4 >>

join