It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue-Colored UFO in Centreville 05.11.2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Hey M0r,
According to our club member it was actually a Radian electric glider. You can pick them up at any local hobby store. Since their rather light and can carry up a fair amount of weight, you can outfit them with lights. I know a few folks that place a camera on it and fly it FPV.

--Typ

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Simple RC Helecopter mod.

Make the lights blue and make a remote on/off switch for lighting. Turn off lights and ufo just "disappears"...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-11-2010 by pianopraze because: edit for grammar.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by typicalaimster and pianopraze

Interesting findings. Both very agreeable with my thoughts on the subject.

-m0r
edit on 8/11/2010 by m0r1arty because: Fo' mattin'

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

I don't know how many times I have to say this.

In the absence of some OCD, I suppose you don't have to continue saying it at all. Nevermind - that was probably a rhetorical question, even though a bit condescending.

IF the object you see moves in a fashion that can easily be explained as an RC craft (plane, helo, kite) with LED lights on it, then you have not caught a UFO.

You give a definition for what you believe to be a 'true' UFO below - do you accept a 'true' UFO under these conditions and discount the possibility that it would also be capable of acting also in the movements expressed above? That would be quite limited, wouldn't it?

A true UFO is an object that performs movements that CAN NOT BE EXPLAINED by any known human technologies.

Actually, that's a subset definition of the broader UFO definition. Technically, anything moving through (or nearly stationary in) the air, and which is unknown to the observer, may be termed a UFO in the broadest sense. Matters not what the object is, nor whether known to others. Your definition, one you would obviously personally espouse, remains a subset of the whole.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here's a picture of the UFO in question

I wonder if MyFoxDC will do a follow up to the story.
edit on 8-11-2010 by typicalaimster because: Added extra image link

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

It's not my UFO lol, not sure where you get that. I was just stating if I had one of them, I would not fly it anywhere where there was stuff I might accidently crash into.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by typicalaimster

Unfortunately you need to be a member to get into the forums there it seems.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hey TKDRL. Give it a try now. It should let you in as a guest just viewing the forum.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ah thanks! That is a very cool looking plane lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It works now, thanks for solving the mystery of what it was.

Some people get a kick out of other people seeing their RC planes in the sky and wondering what they are, this one in particular comes to mind:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6a609094dac.jpg[/atsimg]

That's Linn Murphy and he made that himself, it's not a hobby store glider like the one in the video

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Sorry I also started a thread a few days ago after yours, on these blue ufos www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-11-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
LOL Fox has picked this story up as some baffling UFO

Maybe they should have checked with ATS first

www.myfoxdc.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
IT's A BLUE LASER FOLKS REFLECTING OFF ATMOSPHERICS (like cloud base, etc.)

LOOK at the same exact shape and color:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by klatunictobarata

This has already been debunked.Please refer to this post www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Simple RC Helecopter mod.

Make the lights blue and make a remote on/off switch for lighting. Turn off lights and ufo just "disappears"...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-11-2010 by pianopraze because: edit for grammar.

How can you compare the two ???
In your vid' you can see the lights reflecting of body and the propeller on the rc helicopter

and in the fox vid' it one solid object and looks like a pretty large 1
I dont know, but I aint blind

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

they will look like a "solid light" when far enough away, just like this one when its at a distance, and the one in the op IS far away from the camera:

thanks

rich

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

My question is not what that was but why was it even news-worthy? With the plethora of UFOs making the rounds these days, why this one?
Location?
Was FOX news trying to associate weirdness with the Dems?

And was anyone able to read the stack of DVDs displayed in the shot? There must've been a concerted effort or reason to include that pile in with this news piece because surely they could've either zoomed in or angled the camera another way.

I find the airing of this more peculiar than the vague material itself. Anyone else feel this way or am I getting too overly suspicious?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Dude, in my opinion the msm has their own paid skepic's to debunk this shizzy while on camera
but lately they havent showed them at all, why?
That might be due to the fact, its happening. What all us ufo freaks feard....just maybe....just maybe....

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

OP is further away and it is a cloudy night.

It could be RC glider or RC plane... Just showing that it is simple mod on RC unit of some type. And explaining how one could just "disappear."

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I think I get this now.
Okay. They (FOX) is setting the stage.
This takes place in "DC"

Out of all the activities anyone could have been doing that evening, they choose a black woman carrying a bottle of wine.

Now, we have the witness, a black man, in Washington DC, giving his statement, clearly situated in front of a stack of DVDs that are meant to be seen by the audience..............

And the few word-titles that can be clearly read are: "Alpha" and "Bad Boy" ???????????

I don't think you have to be a full-fledged Obama hater to get this FOX-message, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join