It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When in evolution did the soul choose human housing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If we accept that humans have a soul,but once were monkeys and before that, some sort of sludge swimming up from the ancient shores,answer this question for me: when did the soul decide to move into the human housing? in other words, did the sludge and monkey have this soul? or, perhaps ,monkeys ect never did have a soul? was the soul chosen at a later stage to 'move in'? im thinking out loud here on the nature of the soul and would appreciate any ideas etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Humans did not come from monkeys. They come from a common ancestor. Normally Evolutions don't believe in a soul. Now I can't speak for anyone. Some religious groups accept evolution and have different views on evolution. Which would not go hand and hand with Scientific view of evolution.
Evolution Wiki
You might like to read a lot of these articles.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
only humans ever had conscious from the time the mind was sparked.
as rebel said we werent from monkeys.

but maybe whales, dolphins and other animals have conscious as well

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
More of simpler introduction for the OP! So he can learn about evolution.
Introduction to Evolution
Thank me later.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Humans do have souls. Their a ball of iron in the solaplexus. I have supposedly had mine taken and was formely replaced with a chip.

This is common practice in the most highly classified programs.

However, I believe soul taking to be a conspiracy that is done through technology of the fourth dimension, or greys as we like to call them. It ensures loyalty at the highest levels of classification. However, I am of the believe that spirit, not soul is eternal, and no human being or other type of being can take human spirit, which is thus eternal.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You realise the page you posted doesn't contain even once the word "soul" ?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

Well it's from an Atheist site. Give it time for OP to read over and see what he thinks of it. Moder evolutions don't believe in a soul. In fact I don't think they ever did!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

So I guess the OP's question can't be answered in traditional evolutionists docs.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

It's a good question.

Probably not one for me to try and answer though as I don't think the soul exists.
I don't see any large difference between humans and a lot of the higher mammals (for example) in levels of conciousness of their surrounding or awareness of their own individuality or mortality. So I would say if humans do have a soul then animals also have them.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

Not at all! He would have better support at religious groups who have their own moder views on evolution. Which is very different then Evolution we know today.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think everything is an extension of the sentient universe, from the uranium to the humans, gas, liquid, plasma, all of it. Thus the question of when or if a distinct soul began inhabiting the homo-X series of primates is a bit hard to answer from my point of view. Perhaps such a thing would have occurred once our brains gained enough complexity to support a complex body-soul interlink via a mind?

The simpler route to go is to say that souls don't exists. I think that may be the cheap way out, though.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If we consider the "soul" to be synonymous with "the self-aware mind", then most likely it developed due to an evolution of neurological connections within the brain. Self-awareness is an obvious evolutionary advantage in some situations (and an obvious disadvantage in others -- "is it right for me to kill these men conquering my village?"), and so those humans who had the brain mutation which made them Human would begin to dominate the others.

This isn't certain, but it works.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Interesting. The soul is comprised of energy, and all living things are comprised of energy. Perhaps, like the different species, the soul differs also. i.e. A dog is different from me, so it's energy is different than mine.

A plant's energy is different from a dogs. So perhaps in some respects we all have "souls", but they differ from one another.

So, yes, primates do have souls, or energy. It's just not as highly evolved as ours.

If this makes any sense. It barely does to me, just thought I'd take a stab at the question.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Either everything has a soul, even mosquitoes and bacteria, or nothing has. If we think logically a soul isn't really required, what's the point of one other than to satisfy the selfishness of humans?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Everything that lives has a soul, all life is the same. Whether its primordial sludge, a slug or us humans. Theres not many animals or mamals that are conciouse of this though. So maybe the question should be, when did we become conciouse to the fact that we've got a soul?

Some people may argue that conciousness is the soul but thats not how i see it. To me our conciousness is a link between the eternal realm thats void of time and physicality and our physical bodys in this reality were our souls currently reside. Thats why you can free yourself of all physical limitations and senses, yet still know that your not dead.Thats why you can speak to your brain through thoughts and yet never move your mouth or use your ears.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
'Consciousness' isn't something that is entirely understood by science either. And where the hell are people getting this information on what exactly determines a 'soul' and why the soul would require a human body and not the body of a dog.

The implication that a soul requires a human body is absolute rubbish....First of all because no one has proven that a soul even exists, much less what it could be.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

When we were our original sevles before how can I say dna modification occured

2nd

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Why do people put "2nd" after what they say?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Kundalini

Think of the soul as a super-symbiotic parasite.

edit on 4-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
some interesting answers given. i am curious about the 'timeless' bit and the bit about humans being modified. i just found it curious,that if we DID evolve from sub worms etc,then was out human soul in waiting for this step? for those who believe we have a soul, what would they say the sould was doing before we got to homo sapien? was it resting? was it smepalce else etc. did the slime and pre human merely act like a robot? souless or some other state.

as i said this was a 'thinking' out loud thread. i dig your soul!

<<   2  3 >>

join