It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have confirmed ATS management hides threads if they want to.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Wow lotta flaming here.

If they are true ptb causing the 'vacuum', and not boogeymen, they would be doing this at a level above, or outside of, ats's range. In other words I doubt ats is doing it. True, the search engine is weak, and I assume you used credible methods of searching among all your locations (kept variables equal etc...), so it is easy to get lost and think it's not there. If what you are experiencing is truly occurring, then some empathy should flow your way. It can and does happen. I say it is above above top secret.

I haven't noted your name, or postings, or topics of interest. I am offering unbiased advice through having seen this phenomenon elsewhere on the net.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So THAT"S why some of my threads don't get any stars or flags. It all makes sense now.

And I always thought it was because I had posted a crappy thread.

edit on 10/30/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
does nobody see the as an experiment? the OP has made a baseless accusation and offered no proof and no rebuttal to the thread. This is at best a test, and at worst a flag gathering exercise.

More comments will only further the agenda. But don't let my theory get in the way of a good weenie roast.
edit on 30-10-2010 by network dude because: bad spelr

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Excuse me, but doesn't this belong in the Rant forum, especially after six pages?

Or better yet, and more appropriately, the Trash Bin? Or what about Skunk Works? It does stink, ya know?

OP, you have confirmed NOTHING. Unless I missed SO, Springer, etc confirming this, the only thing hiding around here is your common sense.

I am PMing Springer on this stupidity of a thread- usually at least HE sees when a topic is doing more harm than good, has run it's course, and has no further use. Sheesh. Come ON mods, get RID of this junk.

ETA: There is one thing that I have confirmed. And that is that they can tell which threads you flagged. It used to be a feature in our profiles. Just because it is not showing in the new 2010 redesign, doesn't mean that stat is not being tracked. It still probably is. And if it is, they should track everyone who flagged this thread and ban them on the spot.

edit on Sat Oct 30th 2010 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

ATS4dummies,

Well you are all wrong, ATS lets stuff on here that they should take off and allow many to go too far in many ways. I for one think they do a darn good job of not letting things go too far. There is many infringement of the rules they let slide. Read the rules and be decent and you will have no trouble.

Truthiron.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
If one makes a thread which is in opposition to whatever the agenda is, here at this forum, It can be altered to be visible to the Author, but made completely invisible to anyone else with a different IP domain.

You're lying.

No such thing has ever happened, nor is it possible to do so.
edit on 30-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

10-4 there ats fd....it was obvious from day one on my threads...AND posts blanked out.
for the reasons stated by op! so what does that make all the posters flaming the op?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Happy I can jump in here, my thing to add is that the OP's of this site DO NEED us to post here maybe not just one of us but we are why people pay for advertisement here, we are the ones that click the adds, we are the ones that keep this board alive and worth coming too, they need us just as much as we need them....... my 99 cent

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

That's true, it's a user generated ecosystem but does that mean that the volunteer staff has to accept baseless accusations? Slander if you will?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Of all the posts I've seen in this thread, almost all have been unnecessary flaming against the OP guy from members. Is this really fair? I've observed ATS for many years, and only started posting like a year ago. I would not be involved with this network if I had doubt to it's legitimacy.

With that being said, if there are concerns about censorship then there is obviously the possibility of it. While I'm not saying I've observed any censorship on ATS (yet), it is most definitely an issue that strikes the very heart of this network. It is also an important factor in determining if ATS can be an acceptable medium to be progressed on a more public stage concerning legitimate information and the handling thereof.

Reading the reactions on here from members, I wonder who truely cares about the relevance of this site as a global information network as opposed to just brown-nosing the ATS staff. Example being the guy who posted in this thread just to ask for more stars, very distasteful.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I agree with you. A few months ago I noticed a thread I was reading disappeared. It was posted in The Gray Area. How do I know this? Not because I searched and couldn't find it, but because I subscribed to it. When I clicked the link to go back to it no more than a day later, a message came back indicating the link was broken. I then proceeded to do a number of different searches, but to no avail.

So Skeptic Overlord and anyone else trying to dispute that this happens can say what they like, but I know it has happened at least once before, and therefore in all likelyhood, many many times.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I do not believe that because of one simple fact. I use google reader to monitor ATS. When a thread is deleted it still shows up on google reader even after it's been deleted. I have not seen a thread across google reader that suggested it was deleted without a reason.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Of all the posts I've seen in this thread, almost all have been unnecessary flaming against the OP guy from members. Is this really fair?

Since he's lying, both his warning and harsh responses are warranted.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Not only that but he finally gave his evidence of the secret knowledge you guys are hiding here only to be shown that there was an existing thread on that, a quite successful one at that.

Our little friend just got it plain wrong ... it happens to the best of us sometimes.
Of course his was an epic proportion fail.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is it possible that your intentions may be good, but the rest of the staff not? I mean, could staff members censor posts they don't agree with?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I've always thought it was ATS policy to censor classified information if outside government forces requested it... Or at least I read somewhere that this isn't uncommon practice anyways.

OK, let's find out then.
Here ya go:
LINK to Above Top Secret Programs, Names, Functions and Locations.
Let's see what happens now.
Have fun folks.
edit on 30-10-2010 by ATS4dummies because: typo

Man, those where some really cool patches. Why didnt you make a thread about those? Would have been so much cooler. Oh well, We live and learn.

But listen. The deleted thread thing is no big deal. And its o.k, where not mad at you.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cowman

The question is: Could staffmembers censor posts or threads? The answer is yes.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I confirmed admins have the ability to delete u2u messages.

I got an invite to a competing site, of which I allegedly could log in with my existing login and password. I didn't fall for it but I wondered if my password was discovered. Anyway, when I went to check my messages the original message was gone.

ATS doesn't allow drug related topics or recruiting, but it's interesting nonetheless that there's some sort of censorship, but understandably ATS doesn't want to lose its work-safe status?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Geez, NOW you guys want proof. No one ever asks for proof on Dulce, Aliens, or the Illuminati!

I was gonna say the above, then read the comment and decide to comment on a comment

Do you guys need evidence for that too?

Everyone has their own bias, that includes ATS admit, and the ATS creator.

And who knows, he might be in CIA pay-roll too? Does anyone know where ATS creator lives

Always love the mystery

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join