It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Investigating Possible Bomb Threat at Philadelphia International Airport

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

A possible radiological incident? That's truly scary! I live in the Philly area not far from this. This is the first I'd heard of it, but especially after the potential bomb plot in the DC subways, this is getting unnerving with all these other cities being affected. I'll definitely be keeping up with this breaking news.

Oh, and on one of the articles I found for this, there was a headline link that said the airport has added the option of those full body scans.
-frown-

edit on 29-10-2010 by Ariel because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2010 by Ariel because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
When the news is so quick to say that "the man" says they suspect it is from so and so area,Yemen, Arab Peninsula, it makes me think back to 9/11 when they "knew" it was Bin Laden within an hour.

Something smells fishy my friends.

One thing for sure, we are "Supposed" to be paying attention to this.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the latest from bbc news
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
When the news is so quick to say that "the man" says they suspect it is from so and so area,Yemen, Arab Peninsula, it makes me think back to 9/11 when they "knew" it was Bin Laden within an hour.

I agree. My mind went there rather quickly. And it will be interesting to see what else happens today.

But on the other hand, this could be very real.

We have always heard that dirty bomb was possible, but I don't recall the reports on the various channels actually saying "radioactive" (in any form or fashion) so quickly.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Whatever it is, attention should be payed I think.

Could anyone enlighten me on the "problem" Yemen has with us?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Latest UK news at 17.16 local time.
All that is being confirmed here is that a suspect package was found at Birmingham airport. But apparently the airport is still operating.
False flag?
Real?
Who knows
But lets face it - if you wanted to cause mayhem, it wouldn't even have to be a genuine bomb.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Well, here I go. I will be the jerk that asks the question...

Can this be a false flag operation beginning?

I mean with the elections right around the proverbial corner....

edit on 29-10-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Does make you wonder how they found all of these "bombs" spread over such a distance in a short amount of time.

Maybe a tipster? Maybe a false flag?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

I agree. My mind went there rather quickly. And it will be interesting to see what else happens today.

But on the other hand, this could be very real.

We have always heard that dirty bomb was possible, but I don't recall the reports on the various channels actually saying "radioactive" (in any form or fashion) so quickly.

LOL so Bush was right about duct tape. Ok so now what is needed is a thread to outline survival tactics in case of a dirty bomb aka small nuclear device where the explosion doesnt cause the maximum but rather the fallout contamination is the vehicle.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
All a bit sketchy but its live on BBC news here for last hour.
Strange thing is that its only been reported here in last 90 minutes-yet the East Midlands incident happerned at 3.30am gmt.
Seems American news has reported on it in US and caught media here in UK out.
One report says it was UK that alerted US ?

Heathrow and Stanstead checked out ok
2 airports in Scotland. also checked
No airports closed in UK.
But more checks being made.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Justaposter

Whatever it is, attention should be payed I think.

Could anyone enlighten me on the "problem" Yemen has with us?

From Dec. 2009

www.cbsnews.com...

CBS News Confirms Strikes Make At Request of Yemen Gov't; At least 34 Militants Killed

Sept. 2010

Yemen Suspends US Airstrike Authority

Yemen’s foreign minister acknowledged the United States has launched attacks on Al-Qaeda in his country in an interview published on Thursday, the first confirmation from Sanaa of a US military role. (They’ve been denying it since December.)

Abu Bakr al-Kurbi told the Saudi-owned pan-Arab daily Al-Hayat that the US strikes were suspended in December because his government viewed them as counterproductive. (The air strikes had two major misses, killing 43 civilians in one and taking out a pro-government sheik in another. No successes and better not to launch then to take out civilians repetitively.)

“Fighting Al-Qaeda is the responsibility of security and anti-terrorism forces in Yemen,” Kurbi said. (LOL, good one Kirby.)

However, the New York Times reported in mid August that the US military carried out a secret air strike in May against a suspected Al-Qaeda target in Yemen, killing a deputy provincial governor in the process…In the interview, Kurbi also said that while Yemen had launched a manhunt for US-born jihadist preacher Anwar al-Awlaqi, who is on a US most-wanted list, it would not hand him over if it succeeded in capturing him. (I can tell you where he is, at home, 60 miles away from al Hota, where the manhunt was.)

“Awlaqi is in an area where we are conducting operations against Al-Qaeda, and he is among those targeted for arrest in these operations,” the Yemeni foreign minister said. (That’s not what the Yemeni embassy said last week. Get your stories straight already.)

“The US has already requested the extradition of other Yemenis holding US citizenship, but we refused because the Yemeni constitution prohibits the extradition of a Yemeni citizen to a third country. This applies to Awlaqi.” (When does the Yemeni government follow the Yemeni constitution? Only when it suits them.)

In April, a US official said the Obama administration had authorised the targeted killing of Awlaqi, after intelligence agencies concluded the Muslim cleric was directly involved in anti-US plots. (Awlaki has no religious education. He’s an al Qaeda “cleric” like I’m a priestess of democracy.)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is all over sky news right now. Breaking News Terror alert.. UPS plane stopped in East Midlands on route to yemen package found. "Sinister in nature being sent to scientists" news.sky.com... _Stories_Header_0&lid=ARTICLE_15784764_Bomb_Found_On_Plane_In_London%2C_Plane_Travelling_From_Yemen_To_Chicago

The package was discovered on a United Parcel Service jet, which had stopped to refuel at East Midlands Airport in Derby while flying from Yemen to Chicago.

It was apparently made from a converted ink toner cartridge, which contained white powder and had wires sticking out.

Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said police are not confirming whether explosives were found inside.

He said somehow suspicions were raised about the package, and it was taken off the plane for tests at around 3.30am this morning.

The cartridge was not addressed to anyone in the UK, and would have travelled on to North America.

The discovery has sparked a major alert in the US.

The FBI says several suspicious packages are being investigated.

They all apparently came from Yemen.

Two United Parcel Service planes are being searched at Philadelphia airport. One of them had flown in from Paris.

Another UPS plane at Newark airport in New Jersey was searched and given the all clear.

A UPS lorry in the Queen's Bronx area of New York City is also being investigated.

Sky's Robert Nisbet said there are two other alerts - one outside a court house in Portland, Maine.

edit on 29-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
its on nearly all news channels, sky,cnn,fox....

interesting, could be a few possible things from this, genuine terrorists, false flag, cover for other news, who knows?? only time will tell.
edit on 29-10-2010 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Thanks john124, so it seems that Yemen, for whatever reason, is a "hotbed", and then the Government, although initially asking for help, has said no thanks, yet we did it again anyways...

Making for an interesting, almost Iraq Esq story....

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Perhaps the US pissed off some of these guys in Yemen who lost their children. Warning graphic images!

edit on 29-10-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

you could have gave some type of warning "graphic content " or something !! I mean you gotta warn a guy! wont be able to get those images out of my head for a week...oh well reality isnt pretty sometimes!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The plane in Newark has been cleared.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Survivorman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
FOX is saying a courthouse has been evacuated in Portland.This is crazy!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Yea very crazy...especialy when you take into account ...um...
nothing realy happened, yet. I hope it stays that way!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride

Also from CNN all clear given to midlands airport courdon taken down. They were saying this looks like a Test run. Suspicious package contains toner cartridge with wires and powder.
edit on 29-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
From the Fox News site:

Heathrow Airport denied any knowledge of the incident.

Mmmmmm... they wouldn't make it up would they?

Gotta justify the Yemen connection for the increased US presence and drone / missile strikes against those anti-government rebels or, as we are being led to believe, Al Qaida.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join