It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammad is NOT the most popular boys name in England and Wales

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I copied this from a comment I made in the last post as it deserves a head line thread like the last

""I would love the people who have a problem with the Mohammed story to actually meet a proper muslim not the ones you read about (it is actually 7 different names of mohammad , different spellings of the same but the media loves a witch hunt) that was in the daily mail too, small print.

So Muhammad is not the most popular name, it had 7 variants much like westernised proliferation of the same name joe , joseph, joey etc""

So Mohammad is not the most popular name, they included 7 different names to make their headline.

It happens to be an important name to them so probably is percentage wise quite high amongst their new borns, the west prefers more varied baby naming, cherry blossom or brooklyn to name but a few of the more normal ones.
edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: not in caps .. because

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

Why start a separate thread for this?

Fail mate

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks Mate

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by KingDoey

Why not start a new thread? If the two other Muslim-phobic threads had a basis to be started then this sure as hell does.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by KingDoey

Why not start a new thread? If the two other Muslim-phobic threads had a basis to be started then this sure as hell does.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I love it when people try to convince themselves that there isn't a problem.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I can only assume as your post was so vague that you mean a problem with Muslims. Sorry if not but it wasn't very clear.

Again can I ask how many Muslims you know if they are the problem, and I am no Muslim fanatic just sit opposite 2 funny football mad human beings at work, who happen to be devout young Muslims secondly. The only problem as a Chelsea fan I have with them is they support Liverpool. I am a piss head who mixes with all people and in fairness would have thought the same as you ,if I didn't have he good fortune to meet the Muslims, because thats what the MSM is feeding us. How many Muslims do you know not the ones you read about? The world is changing I agree but the Muslims are the scape goat and not the problem.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: grammar and things

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
THe article i posted never mentioned the UK only England and Wales

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
thanks for reply I will try to change title if not time barred. I didnt read the Mail article today only heard about it. Any comment rather than title correction OP ?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So it really IS the most popular name? It is just spelled 7 different ways? So your title is entirely misleading and in fact entirely false?

Jennifer, Gennifer, Jen, Jenn, Gen, Jenny, Ginny, Etc., etc, it is the same name, or a slight variation thereof. It is not a substantially different name.

You might have had a decent argument if it turned out they were including all "muslim" names, but if your main complaint is that sometimes it has an O and sometimes a U, then you are way, way off base!
*******************************************************************************************
On the other hand, I never visited the other thread, I don't see the issue with people voluntarily naming their kids whatever they want, and I think the other thread was worthless of my time to participate in. NOW you have brought undo attention to the subject by posting your own falsified thread, and here I am participating and forced to agree with the opposite side of your argument.

In other words, you took a non-partipating ally, and turned me into a participating enemy by posting a second ridiculous thread to support your weak point? Way to go.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Nice try.... google most popular name it wont offer you the excuse of proliferation that you supposed ^^

It is a different culture with naming conventions that you or I would never understand.

When the time zone changes the replies will be different, get you replies in now.

My main gripe but I like this place for free speech is the Daily Mail article the names are different so it isnt the most popular. It stinks, and you can shoot away buddy as I know I am right.

PPPS in big letters - surprising you ALL fail to answer how many muslims you really know.. speak volumes.. haters

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: lost genuine as poster asked, not sure why

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Jennifer, Gennifer, Jen, Jenn, Gen, Jenny, Ginny

Are different names , they just happen to be christian

You getting it yet
edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: said bloody,, and really didnt want to be sounded out for emotive comments

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
7 names:

Mohamed, Mohammed, Muhamed, Muhammed... etc

it's the same name with slight spelling variations. I don't know the validity of this report, but your argument is just dumb. Please lock this thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

NO?

I don't understand your point? Sure they are Christian names, but if I am considering a name for a baby girl I would have to consider all of those names as one. No matter which variation I choose to name my baby, she will invariably be called by all the possible variations of that name.

If I name a boy Richard, I understand that throughout his life he will be known as Richard, Rick, Dick, etc. Sure, they are different spellings, but they are the same name.

As for my example being a "Christian" name and yours being a "Muslim" name, I think you are mistaken. As my mother taught me that a proper "Christian" name is a name contained in the Bible. Show me any of those Jennifer variations from the Bible?

The other thread may have a Religious undertone, and that is why I chose to avoid it, because it seems particularly alarmist and frivolus. On the other hand, your thread seems particularly dishonest and misleading. As I previously said, I am probably on the same side of that argument as you, but your thread title and premise for this argument is off-base.

As per your question, define a "genuine" Muslim! It is impossible, is it Shiite or Sunni? Is it foreign-born, or domestic born? Is it born or converted? I know plenty of Muslims, some I like, some I dislike, just like with my Christian friends. I wouldn't categorize any of them as "more genuine" than any of the others! I don't believe "Nation of Islam" here in the US is representative of the true Muslims, but it isn't my call. They are associated with the Muslim faith, and they are what they are.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thanks for that reply it was less aggressive than the last ..... I was feeling The WRATH of alreadygetready ...... already

Answer this question then sir... gather all the joes, joeys,josephs,jo. john joes, ... or in yours words Jennifer, Gennifer, Jen, Jenn, Gen, Jenny, Ginny add them up and see how many ? as we say in construction not comparing apples with apples

There may be most popular combined but is Joe the most popular name (with 7 variants) doesnt sell.. as much as muslims taking over england...and wales

ps - I understand the "genuine" was misleading sorry .. just leave it at muslim .. thanks for correction

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: drunk again

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: pps - If my thread sounds dishonest i am sorry for not being able to express myself, it isnt i am not. Typing isnt the greatest communicator,

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Getready a Christian name is not just limited to the bible but roman empire which our language is derived from doesnt have to be in bible... thats where the languages filters from

ps - proto told us that

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Seriously, what a fail thread. I'm not prone to being rude but this is just

Mohammad, Muhammad, Mahammad whatever, it's all the same just a different variation. So again, "Mohammad" IS indeed the most popular name in England. Doesn't matter if it's spelled differently or not, it's the same name just with variations. I'd have figured that was a given as I'm sure did the authors of the original article.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

thanks again .. if you trying to agress this thread out you doing a great job..i am giving up soon. I am not here to start a war,

Close the thread please ATS , I am not sure if they BNP or a derivative but they win. Sorry was looking for a fishy moment it happens. disgusted by you ^^ the racists to be honest.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: ps - only joking DONT close it

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

gather all the joes, joeys,josephs,jo. john joes, ... or in yours words Jennifer, Gennifer, Jen, Jenn, Gen, Jenny, Ginny

Can you reply to this

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: im here all night ... my muslim friend will be on next ... OUCH

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: tbh

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

well do they combine joe, joey, joeseph too? cause if so, i think its a fair statement.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join