It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad is most popular boys name in England and Wales

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

Spot on.

Why is it so hard for some people to understand? As you said, if they show respect then they will receive respect, the example I always use is imagine if 5000+ plus brits entered a foreign country and starting acting how they wanted with no regard for that countries traditions or customs?

Let's put it this way, they would be "dealt" with.

The problem is a circular one, I believe the reason so many people find this simple idea of giving/receiving respect so hard to understand is the exact same reason we have the problem in our country in the first place; too many do-gooders and people brainwashed into political correctness.

The people need to stand up for what they believe in and as you quite rightly said; there should be nothing wrong with showing national pride, it's our bloody country at the end of the day!

If foreigners don't like it then they should find somewhere else to live, I wouldn't even mind if they didn't like but at least respected it!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Maybe I didn't mean it in so much of a literal sense but it's the concept that I don't agree with, I've never been so couldn't say for sure but I'm fairly certain they don't have English food aisles in Polish supermarkets?

That's because there aren't a lot of English people working in Poland, the supermarkets have to play to the demographic of shoppers. They're going to lose out on quite a lot of money from Polish workers if they don't cater to their needs

As I said, it's the concept that I don't agree with, a large number of polish people have entered this country illegally to work for cheap labour and then send that money back home where it almost trebles.

Not to mention the companies who will happily employ a polish citizen over an Englishman and they know they'll accept half the wage.

If you, or any other person is losing out on a job to a Polish person who can't read/speak full English, has no grasp or concept of English culture and has no real home or family behind him, then you deserve to not get that job. Our economy heavily relies on immigrants, think how many doctors and lawyers are Pakistani or Indian in this country; without them, we would be in serious trouble. Not to mention the ones doing jobs that we deem 'below' our abilities

I'm all for multiculturalism and all that but when I can't fly a Union Jack flag out of my window in my country for fear of offending people from other religions?

As for the issue of flying the Union Jack in public, I'm under the impression that it's because of the association with the English Defence League and other nationalist groups that it causes offence

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

If you replace Polish with Mexican, you get the "plight" of the American Southerner. Fly your Union Jack, friend. I've had many a confrontation over my Rebel Flag. I explained how it does not stand for what others ignorantly think it does. And even if it did, I have a right to fly what I want. Plain and simple.

I agree with all your immigration talk, it's the same over here. But how I see it, you are placing the anger/frustration/blame on the immigrant and not fixing the situation, which is the politicians.

I have been known to condemn those that come in illegally. I'm actually huge into that. You break the law no breaks for you kid. (It even seems safe to assume that you feel the same way about your Polish) But to get mad that they are bringing their culture in? To get mad that a supermarket is providing the foods of this other culture? That seems silly. And I mean that with respect, not in a condescending manner. Silly is just the best word I have for it. My local, small town, East Texas store has a little bit of Arab food. We have a .0000001% of Arab people here (made up stat I admit but you get my point) They aren't pandering to them. People here, including me, would like to cook Arab food.

But, I think it breaks down to this: You and I fundamentally disagree on this little tangent. I admit I'm more accepting of cultures than your average Joe. I expect the same from them though. If your beef is with the immigration problem, I can't argue with you then. I'm sorry if I jumped on one part of your post, I should have questioned a bit more, instead of conclusion jumping.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
That's because there aren't a lot of English people working in Poland, the supermarkets have to play to the demographic of shoppers. They're going to lose out on quite a lot of money from Polish workers if they don't cater to their needs

That's besides the point if our country is willing to change due to the needs of illegal workers, where do you draw the line? Would you be happy if at some stage in the near future your local asda had a larger amount of food targetted at members from other countries rather than the tastes of the people who actually live here?

If you, or any other person is losing out on a job to a Polish person who can't read/speak full English, has no grasp or concept of English culture and has no real home or family behind him, then you deserve to not get that job. Our economy heavily relies on immigrants, think how many doctors and lawyers are Pakistani or Indian in this country; without them, we would be in serious trouble. Not to mention the ones doing jobs that we deem 'below' our abilities

Not true. Any employer would save money if they could, and remember they might not necessarily know the people they are employing are stopping here illegally...

As for the issue of flying the Union Jack in public, I'm under the impression that it's because of the association with the English Defence League and other nationalist groups that it causes offence

If thats the case then it only highlights my point, the Union Jack is the flag of the United Kingdom, any who finds that offensive has fallen into the trap of political correctness.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you are going to debate about a country, at least spell it right. It's BRITAIN. That's right - a before i.
Imo this is about cultural identity. It's a fact that Asians (there I said it) are taking over UK cities. And they are not integrating.
It's a bit facile to say we are an immigrant culture. Yes we are a 'mongrel' race. But that doesn't mean we haven't evolved a British identity.
It's also facile to quote stats. It would be easier to look at a map and see how whole chunks of cities - and even whole cities - are being taken over by Asians who change the whole look and feel of the place.
England is in effect a string of mini Pakistans.
And this is not about 'white flight'.
An Asian colleague told me how they get rid of white occupants and buy up white owned businesses.
You'd better believe it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

That's okay my friend, I think we are more or less singing from the same hymn sheet.

Your right actually, in a sense it isn't the fault of the immigrants, it's actually the politicians who allow this to happen. I'm not mad at the immigrants per se, obviously anyone with a chance to drastically improve their life and that of their families will take it, hence my annoyance at so called political correctness.

Our government dresses the situation up as multiculturalism which is a pathetic excuse that they use to distract peoples attention from the fact that they aren't tackling the problem.

I'm not against different cultures in reality, my ex best friend was a hindu, my current best mate is half chinese and one of my favourite past times includes reading about the food from other countries/cultures.

It's just the principle that our market has altered to the tastes of people who are, largely, living in this country illegally I can't agree with.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

An Asian colleague told me how they get rid of white occupants and buy up white owned businesses.
You'd better believe it.

How? Educate me.. I'm cruious.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

That's besides the point if our country is willing to change due to the needs of illegal workers, where do you draw the line? Would you be happy if at some stage in the near future your local asda had a larger amount of food targetted at members from other countries rather than the tastes of the people who actually live here?

Well, we already do, kind of. If you go into any supermarket nowadays a lot of food there is not of British origin, i.e pizza, curries. Our cuisine is pretty poor, I couldn't imagine life without having a Chinese takeaway, or a home made curry once in a while. Although a Full English is often the breakfast of kings

If thats the case then it only highlights my point, the Union Jack is the flag of the United Kingdom, any who finds that offensive has fallen into the trap of political correctness.

I do see the point you're making, we are potentially losing our 'identity' but it's not really immigrants faults is it? It's the government who are trying not to seem racist and are bowing to their every need. The result of which is reverse racism, unfortunately. We just need to hope that they can sort out the whole political correctness issue. Not just in relation to foreigners, but on the whole

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Yeah your right, just like iamsupermanv2 said above, it's the government and politicians fault hence my rant about political correctness. I suppose if you was in a country ripped to shreds and thought you could make a lot of money, if illegally, by moving to a foreign country then you would, drastic times call for drastic measures and in fairness the immigrants probably don't give one about our economy.

Most people will do anything to protect and support their family, the problems lies with the politicians in this country who allow it to happen and the immigrants governement for putting their citizens in such a position in the first place.

Ironically, it could be us Brtis who end up moving country in the near future...

I agree with about the food
can't beat a good old english fry up and yeah your right in a sense that the majority of food in the super market isn't english anyways

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It seems Islamization is slowly taking over Britain and in Europe.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What is the stance and law on immigration in Britain? Are immigrants forced to adopt an entirely new culture, like, is that written into the laws? If so, then why isn't this law being enforced? And if not, then why should they blend if they don't want to?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by mr-lizard

i invite you to take a look at the comments....

And as i said and if anyone bothered to read the article from the mail, officially Muhammad is not the top name however if you take all the variations of the name and put them into one then it is the most common boy name. I think they are officially separated on purpose to make the sheeple less aware of how bad things in the UK really are in terms of immigrants especially that of muslim immigrants.

How bad things are? I don't see how people of a different religion to you coming to England is a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Going back to the OP itself: Has any documentation, statistical research, source, paper been posted that points to even the slightest reason to believe this?

Discussing Immigration is one thing, making stuff up another.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

No, but I posted some links including UK Government stats, to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What is wrong with that name? how come a name tell you how this person is educated? afraid for the britsh true identity?., I think it should be British again with British values, like equality before the law implies that no one should be treated differently and that we all abide the same rules, and that counst for all names.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
By the venom spitting out of some posters I would wonder if you have ever met any real muslims not the ones portrayed in the terror stories. It wasnt so long ago the irish were the victim of the same in england.

Im london Irish and have 2 great muslim friends , who pray in the faith room 3 times a day, better than my fag breaks 10 times a day.

I would love the people who have a problem with the Mohammed story to actually meet a proper muslim not the ones you read about (it is actually 7 different names of mohammad , different spellings of the same but the media loves a witch hunt) that was in the daily mail too, small print.

So Muhammad is not the most popular name, it had 7 variants much like westernised proliferation of the same name joe , joseph, joey etc

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: edit : joanna, joesephine, jody, jo . john jo etc

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What is the stance and law on immigration in Britain? Are immigrants forced to adopt an entirely new culture, like, is that written into the laws? If so, then why isn't this law being enforced? And if not, then why should they blend if they don't want to?

As far as i know they sit and easy test to see if they are up to standards with British traditions and culture. However this means nothing at all. Anyone can learn the answers to a test. Whether they actually act on them and try to integrate and embrace our country is another kettle of fish.

You ask why they should blend in? Because this is the United Kingdom. They shouldn't be wearing their burkhas and full face veils. We are not in the Middle East here. Just as my girlfriend wouldn't strut around in a bikini in their homeland, i do not want to see them covered up in my homeland. Hoods are no longer allowed to be worn over the head in shopping centres here. Yet they are allowed to wear their veils?

I want to see some respect. They should be coming here because they want to embrace British culture, and i welcome those that do. But those that want to change our country do not have a place here.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's incredible how many people confuse sensitivity with a lack of xenophobia. You can be welcoming to all other cultures and faiths without being overly sensitive about anything. If you think an influx of one "group" of people (as if you can lump all Muslims into one category. Can you lump all Christians into one category?) is wrong, then you are simply displaying your ignorance and lack of emotional maturity. Pride and xenophobia are completely different beasts.

A person who doesn't get all worked up about someone being different than him or her, no matter what country he or she resides in and what the immigrants look like, often display attributes like virtue, patience, honor, strong character, tact, discretion, thoughtfulness, SANITY.

Anyone aspire to be those things? Then stop hating and stop believing the propaganda.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If i can assume you from Arizona then I feel sorry for them arizona farmers in the border lands, and fully respect them defending themselves by any means as your government wont.

Britian is nothing like Arizona buddy, just hatred because of difference. No one is shooting land owners .. yet. Luckily we not allowed to bear arms.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It only shows how simpleminded and brainwashed Islamic people are... seriously - giving your child name of the prophet. We don't see most of Christians naming their children after Jesus, we don't see most of Buddhists naming their children after Buddha.

It does not show that England and Wales are full of Arabs (Islamic people if you will) it just shows how boring they are in choice of baby names.
edit on 28/10/2010 by archasama because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join