It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Hurt In Plunge 'Fleeing From Devil'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

"Thirteen people were in an apartment on the second floor when, at around 3am, one of the occupants heard his child crying," said Odile Faivre, the deputy prosecutor in Versailles.

"The man in question, of African origin, who was completely naked, got up to feed his child, at which point the other occupants took him for the devil.

Sky News

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I get abit confused.

What a crazy situation. For 11 people to flee and jump out of a 2-story building, because they think they've witnessed the devil is kinda weird, and creepy.

I'm don't know if all 11 people thought the same thing, but for them to go on with jumping out of a 2-story building makes you wonder why...

edit on 23-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Crazy stuff Oozil, superstition gone amuck!

Detectives are trying to find out if the group jumped voluntarily or were forced to jump.

Forced? By the powers of darkness maybe?
Seems it would be more of a reactionary thing, where someone jumped and the others followed, all while someone is screaming "the devil, the devil!"
Maybe this guy looked really scary or something, maybe he just woke up. I know I could be misconceived as a devil in the mornings sometimes, especially naked at my front door

spec

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

That's the first thing I told myself too.

But it's just that they all jumped. I mean, wouldn't any of them look back to see what in the world they were running from? And if 1 of them did, it was still enough to make them jump.

Or....

"The man in question, of African origin, who was completely naked, got up to feed his child, at which point the other occupants took him for the devil.

Lol....

edit on 23-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

So strange.
I get the picture of lemmings diving off a cliff.

Anyway, they say that 3 A.M. is the bewitching hour.
For like a month I woke up at 3 AM sharp every night. Never saw the devil though.
Either way, for 13 people (which is odd by itself) to freak out and for 11 to jump out a 2 story building...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Oh my, the visual re the naked black man being mistaken for satan, well....doesn't the devil have TWO horns?

(I am bad. Just accept it.)

Anyway bizarre supernatural story, ripe for Halloween, or drug party gone wrong....ie hallucinegens, pcp, bad drugs?

I think this tale may inspire me to write a short story now.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Sounds like a case of mistaken identity.

With a lot of hysteria thrown in.

Perhaps the guy was a psycho, or looked like one.

Bottom line is, no one died and the facts will come out.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You are too much. I nearly spat on my PC. That was funny.
Seriously this is crazy but then so is ignorance.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What a strange story. I wonder if they were all sober. illegal substances can make you see things some times.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
don't they make doors for apartments
now days? 11 people all in 1 apartment
at 3 am just screams of sexual orgy.
Pardon the pun.

Kind of like a scene from Rose Mary's baby.
Wouldn't the devil have to reveal himself
during sex?

Quite a bizarre story. I don't think
we're getting all the details.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Oh my, the visual re the naked black man being mistaken for satan, well....doesn't the devil have TWO horns?

(I am bad. Just accept it.)

OI! that was bad!

Yeah, this is a very odd story.. first thought is that they were dosed with something.. Would love to hear more of the back story here. Without know the events of the preceeding 12 hours... who knows.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think there's probably some kind of back story to this.
My suspicion is that there is some kind of "cult" behavior being exhibited here.

11 people, of differing ages, all in one flat, all being frightened enough by "the devil" to jump? That screams religious insanity to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

don't they make doors for apartments
now days?

The article said one of the occupants stabbed him in the hand, & threw him out the door.

So they used the window because the doorway was blocked.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe someone smuggled a crocodile into a sportsbag and it escaped,Its been known to send people crazy.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
we're not being told the whole story here,

doesnt make sense as it is

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Unfortunately, a four-month old baby died in this strange event.
edit on 24/10/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Oh thats terrible. When I first read the article I understood that the baby was in the hospital and in serious condition. I'm sad he did not make it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just throwing it out there, in lots of African communities chewing Khat leaves is kind of the same as having a beer or a cup of tea. It is used to 'relax' and facilitate conversation. It can also actually be prepared and drunk as a tea. It is generally associated with Northern Africa and Yemen but is also practised in Southern regions too. The effects of this are incredibly similar to Amphetamines, and of course as with everything, have their side effects too.

www.a1b2c3.com...

It is entirely possible that if the people staying in the apartment were in a predominantly African area, this stuff would be easily acquired and used. All the people involved in the incident could have been under the influence and suffered some sort of group manic episode. If woken from your sleep by a screaming and hysteric close friend who tells you in the most earnest and frantic way possible the devil is here, it might just make you jump from the nearest window.

The main effects of chewing Khat are a moderate degree of euphoria and excitation often accompanied by loquacity. High doses may induce hyperactivity and, sometimes, manic behaviour.

www.biomedcentral.com...

Evidence indicates a relationship between the consumption of khat and the onset of psychotic symptoms among the male population, whereby not the khat intake per se but rather early onset and excessive khat chewing seemed to be related to psychotic symptoms. The khat problem must be addressed by means other than prohibition, given the widespread use and its role in Somali culture.

Just a theory of course...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow how bad was this guy's "bedhead"?

But seriously- some sort of cult activity seems to be involved.
What a bizarre story.......

join