It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trades Hall president Kevin Bracken calls 9/11 'conspiracy'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This article popped up on one of Australias leading news paper website

www.heraldsun.com.au...
edit on 20-10-2010 by gate13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2010 by gate13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gate13

Probably need to throw some of your thoughts/comments behind the article dude..
I just read it before you posted, my immediate thought was look at the way this guy was being attacked

“Obviously I don’t agree with the remarks, obviously they are stupid and wrong,” Australian Prime Minister

"Mr Bracken's comments were a direct insult to Australian soldiers serving in Afghanistan. It strikes at the very heart of the West's struggle against terrorism and it is a disgrace that while Australian soldiers are serving and dying in Afghanistan that Mr Bracken make these wild claims that undermine the very reason for their presence in Afghanistan," Attorney General Robert Clarke

"The Trades Hall Council needs to consider Mr Bracken's future as its president and the MUA needs to consider his future as their secretary,''

"These comments can't stand they need to be condemned in the strongest possible terms.''

disgusting how our leaders automatically follow the American lines.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I was listening to ABC radio when this happened.
The guy was just putting his thoughts across, ABC's Jon Feighn spoke to him like an idiot, called him nuts and whacky..
The guy said I will debate you anytime but was told there was nothing to debate.
I like the ABC and Jon Feighn but that P'd me off. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and especially on the ABC which is fully funded by the tax payer..

Disgracefull ABC !!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

im with the wacky guy hehehe.

it was just interesting that it poped up on mainstream media.

it just adds to a very big list o people who think 911 is a conspiracy.

maybe he reads ATS too...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gate13

All he said was he didn't believe the OS that 3 buildings collapsed due to fire.
That was about it. I think the radio station commited a crime by calling the guys place of work to ask if all there shared his view.
Thats NOT what talkback radio is about and I hope the presenter is sacked.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Its not like Americans want your leaders to follow our leaders, but we have no control over our leaders either.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Great work Kevin Bracken!

HOORAH!

Now listen to this little pipskeak on ABC radio try to tell us "HE IS WRONG"!
www.abc.net.au...

It's attitudes like that - that truly discredit any form of correct journalism. And their time to open full open discussion or debate should begin now.

I ask anyone to email Kevin for support and email ABC for their lack of investigation.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's plain to see that the TPTB wish to criminalize any talk of 9/11 that does not affirm the official conspiracy theory put out by the US government. Soon you will catch a felony just for questioning 9/11, isn't like this already in Germany with the Holocaust?

You best believe that there are more than a few of these type of people posting on this forum everyday, people that would happily sign the felony warrant for any so called truther, or person who dared to question the OCT.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
More links to the story can be found:

1) The Australian

2) News.com.au

I am quite shocked this story made it into the MSM. It is disappointing that Australian leaders are so hasty to support the Official Version of events and dismiss those with alternative views as stupid, but at least this kind of story is making it into the MSM.

The Australian public is starting to question why we still have troops in Afghanistan and if we should have joined the invasion in the first place. I for one don't want to see any further loss of Australian lives lost in this unjust and UNWINNABLE war.
edit on 20/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: fixed links

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
The Australian public is starting to question why we still have troops in Afghanistan and why we went in initially. I for one don't want to see any further loss of Australian lives lost in this UNWINNABLE war.

Soldiers join the army under their own free will. Don't like it? QUIT THE ARMED FORCES! These days, our armed forces are probably only a step away from being privately paid mercenaries, acting on corrupt political whims. It's all about the money, oil, drugs, resources, power and profit. I only feel sorry for the soldiers who don't know how they are being used as pawns in someone else's game. But, they CHOSE to join up and accept the pay.

Last November, the Victorian Trades Hall (New Council Chamber), Lygon Street on the corner of Victoria Street, Carlton South, hosted Richard Gage's Hard Evidence Tour. There were plenty of Union flags flying. I suspect that there are probably lots of Unionists who remain silent about their 9/11 beliefs.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Interesting...

Back in 2004 this guy was calling for tighter security at his Melbourne port because he believed there was a valid risk of terrorists floating a boat in and attacking it.

Port moves on container terror checks

Mr Bracken, the Maritime Union of Australia's Victorian branch secretary, believes the threat of a terrorist attack on the port is a real one.

He is not alone.

"It's a pretty frightening situation the way the world has gone in the last few years," Mr Bracken told The Sunday Age. "Our blokes probably haven't realised the dangers they could be facing.

"If something does happen, they're the first ones to cop it."

So I wonder what his agenda is.... Terrorism is real, but only from boats? Ionno, he comes across as a typical loud unionist to me.

Oh but in 2006 he was quoted as saying

anti-terror laws introduced by the US and its allies, including Australia, were similar to the “civic controls” imposed by Adolf Hitler in 1933.

edit on 20/10/2010 by badw0lf because: added quote from separate link.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

I am quite shocked this story made it into the MSM.

Don`t be shocked DG the only reason there is big noise about this now in the MSM is to put fear into people so they don`t speak up and allow others to question the events and our involvment in it after 911.

How can they move onto the next phase of BS if they cannot make us swallow their last.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
S&F for this post.

I am so sick of politics, politicians and the MSM! This vulgar attack on a person voicing his personal opinion on an issue which any person with the slightest sense of logic can see that 1+1 is not =2. Just the way this journalist was attacking this person is absolutely ridiculous. This is surely one of the most extreme cases of total disrespect and blatant slandering that I have heard in along time.

Another poster questioned the credibility of the individual, due to his earlier stance on possible terrorist attacks. I am of the opinion that terrorist attacks are real and the threat is real. Unfortunately in a lot of cases the terrorists seem to be from within your own group / country / system or whatever you want to call it. 911 was a terrorist attack.

The question is WHO were the terrorists – Al Qaida – nope – I don’t think so. 911 provide all the elements for a conspiracy theory, because most probably there was a conspiracy. I do not trust any politician from any political party from any country in the world. I do not say all politicians are bad, but I do not trust them......

I do not trust them because they are part of a corrupt and evil system with its main goal the domination and total disregard for the wellbeing of the ordinary citizen. What we see happening in France right now, is just a process where the ordinary citizens had enough of oppression by so called democratically voted for politicians.

We the citizens of this world are waking up and we do no longer believe the lies and blatant fraudulent actions of politicians.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Yesterday: Prime Minister Gillard and Opposition Leader Tony Abbott both agreed that Australian Forces will be in Afghanistan for up to another ten years, possibly more. It's about the only thing that they have agreed upon, as political opponents, since the election.

Today: Gillard slams the mention of a 9/11 conspiracy with the usual insulting, belittling remarks.

Their sickening collusion with regards to the Afghan occupation shows that Australian politics is corrupt to the core. Gillard needs to make sure that nobody questions anything about 9/11 and the ensuing wars that it so easily facillitated.

Carry on with your life... the government just told you so.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

BAMM

In a nut shell,well sumed up

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Maybe he did some research in that time and realised his previous path was a false one. It's not like 100% of the people in this thread denouncing this war were opposed to it back in 2001. Even in 2004 there were way fewer people who challenged the Official Story of 9/11 compared to the number in 2010.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

people can change there opinions over time?

im sure when 911 first happen millions thought yes terrorism but as time went on and people saw the facts they changed there opinion on the topic

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This news is so encouraging. This twit from ABC will regret his treatment of the Aussie guy one day. We can't give up trying everyday to find out the truth about the events of 9-11. To me it does not matter who was responsible. Does not matter what their motivation was. What matters is we do Not let them get away with this fraud. Someone has to be held accountable for killing thousands of people and then pinning it on someone else, which makes it even more despicable.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Melbourne's most popular daily newspaper, The Herald Sun, has an absolutely critical editorial piece on page 30, today. It describes any questions about 9/11 as 'appalling' along with a few other choice words.

In no uncertain terms, the editorial quashes any kind of conspiracy and states a hard-line belief for the official story.

It's fairly clear that free thinking is seen as dangerous in today's world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join