It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning Warning!! I Kill Threads..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

haha, with only 140 post i have no clue
i do realize though that not everybody reads all the posts. im guilty of it my self

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

As interesting a subject as forrum psychology is, Im not much of a thread writer. They never turn out the way i picture in my head. So feel free to take the batton and run. I'll defo's add my two pennies and you'll get a SndF from me.

You'd probably articulate it better. I type quicker than i think most days.

edit on 18-10-2010 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

oh i just gave you a star you thread killer!

gee, so glad to meet you. I thought I was the only one

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dowhatyoufear3

Oh yeah me too. In fact I was thinking many times before of starting a thread to better understand the reading habits of posters.
But I didn't do it as I didn't think it was worth my time and that people wouldn't be interested.

I for one have a tendency to read the first page, and skim the second then if I feel the desire to post skip to the end and read the last page. Then I strike! With any luck
I will have effectively terminated the thread with my horrendous post.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I've just thought of something else. If your post pretty much sums up your whole oppinion on the subject. You may not be leaving any room for people to come in and add something. You've pretty much covered everything so what could they possibly write.

You could either write in a way thats open for discusion or even end your post with a question or two that people could jump on.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

You give give me wayyyy too much credit man. haha..

I think of a thread, I sit down and start writing and before I know it I have successfully flown of the handle.
I typically start well in the first few sentences but before you know it I have started ranting or something (what the hell?) lol
Im never going to be as good as some of these guys like airspoon.... Jesus! He can put together a good thread and is worth his weight in flags. I wish I could contribute as well as that with pictures and good info. The best I can offer is 7 eleven quality. Unfortunately Im up against people, (not really competing) who are used to fine dining and customer service.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

WE are many, we see everything and we are pleasantly ignored...
Soon we will rise up and strike a blow against the thread buddies, and trolls, and flamers!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

WOW...That could be the case..
Maybe I should rename myself ALPHA_OMEGA But I think someones got that already.
I think its more a case of just timing things wrong or expecting everyone will be as interested as me. Hitting it big in ATS is like winning the lottery. Keep playing long enough and you will get somewhere.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

So your pretty much in the same boat as me then.

I'd probably find that most people would read the first three lines and fall asleep. Or pick up on the many spelling and grammar mistakes that usually litter my writing and spent there time blasting me for that.

Im not afraid to be wrong about something. Making mistakes is how i learn best. People seem to miss the whole point of my posts all together though and instead, focus on things that are'nt even relevant. I can handle this on other peoples threads because you only have to focus on those people. When the threads yours, you soon get overwhealmed by people with genuine points of veiw that your happy to reply to and value. Aswell as those who've totaly missed the point and you have to walk them through each point bit by bit. It really drains you.

You soon regret even opening your mouth, so ive learned to just let others do the hard work and i'll chip in where possible. As much because of my lazyness as to preserve my sanity.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

WE are many, we see everything and we are pleasantly ignored...
Soon we will rise up and strike a blow against the thread buddies, and trolls, and flamers!!!

The Revolution has BEGUN!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Well thats just totaly killed this thread for me.

Thanks a lot.

Im off to find my post buddies now. Bye! Bye!

I could'nt resist sorry.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Ok, ill see your see your spelling errors and grammatical problems and raise you 1 anxiety issue.

Get this...When I'm about to post something, I actually get .........nervous.. What the hell?
Especially if I know there are others who are much more in the know than me and on the opposing side.
I prefer not to have a confrontation and when ever I am attacked ............oh boy my heart starts pounding and my hands are shaky as if I were about to get into a fist fight and I'm a veteran.. yeah...caffeine and ATS don't mix.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

hahahahahahahahahahaha

told you... I was a thread killer !!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Indeed! We shall gather our forces and come against the posters of ATS once and for all.
Moreover we will rain down on them like fire from the sky, the likes of which even God has not seen!!!

TO WAR!!!! TO HONOR!!! TO VICTORY!!!!!

Maybe I should tone it down a little in this day of terroristic threats.
Maybe we can just settle for a secret society.

edit on 18-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

LMAO!

I can guarentee that your not alone in this.

Once you press that post button on threads, the whole of ATS gets to see inside your head. I think thats why a lot of people simply read posts and never chip in. Thats a typical forrum psychology issue right there. I dont know if its a fear of being wrong, and everyone thinking your dumb. Or the fact that you know you've got a battle on your hands with those who disagree.

I usually try to avoid confrontations like yourself, but sometimes you've just got to dance with the devil. Like i said before, ive probably learnt a lot more from being wrong and getting roasted by those in the know. Than i ever would if i was always right and people just agreed with me.

Trying to stand up for your beliefs or point of view without coming across as ranting or agressive would probably fall under forrum etiquet. Many times ive been beaten, not because what people have said is necisarily true. They've just put it in a way thats way beyond my understanding. Which could be a handy tool. If you've got the education to put it in to practice.
edit on 18-10-2010 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

yes, I think it will be safer that way.

The Thread Killer Secret Society...

The TKSS... have to sort out some finer details but I am in

infact I will put it in my signature ....

Anyone who wants to join....has to put it in there sig?

You can be the High Whatever...
= leave you to figure that out!

edit on 18-10-2010 by Thurisaz because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Oh boy! can we write our names in blood?! I hear that's what all cool the secret societies do.
We can have cool degrees too, and ranks, oh! and secret handshakes don't forget that. Also on the weekends we can all have a sleepover and talk about taking over the internet while watching sleepless in Seattle..

Ill bring Jinga, the international stacking sensation!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Watch out!

Were on the edge of becoming a conspiracy in ourselves. The Thread Killer Cult.

People will say that you cant even get in unless you've claimed at least 100 threads and that we work on behalf of the illuminate to deny people discussing things.

Then our reputations will spread from ATS to all forums and people will link us to everything from the fake moon landings, to the death of JFK.

With this in mind. Count me in

Ive always wanted to be part of something cool like this.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Well Ill tell you I think it is because I have seen what happens to all those who have been openly crucified here on ATS for simply stating an opinion. It makes me feel sometimes like I'm going into gladiatorial combat or something.

I hope I come back alive, but the odds may be stacked against me.. Especially when it is something I have strong feelings toward.
There are some on ATS that could essentially be labeled champions of intellect. I admit there are many smart people on here. But also there are just as many brain dead as in your local TGI Fridays on a Saturday night.

What really grinds my gears is when you catch someone being incompetent in what they say and not regretting it.

Here is on that burns me every time...when someone says " Get an education"....Or "I would expect that from someone who thinks in BLANK way" It's like jeez dude the door swings both ways for everyone on here. lol
edit on 18-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Yeah i have to agree.

Many discusions on here disintergrate in to petty name calling, and who's smarter than who. I think people only instigate this, to hide the fact that they feel they're wrong and so want to shift the attention.

When people resort to it, you can pretty much count that as a personal victory. Attacking your character only works if your stupid enough to take the bait though. Ive allowed this to happen too many times in the past.

When ever you say "Whats that got to do with anything" they always say something petty like. "Its got to do with the fact that your dumb" which really gets you annoyed. Bitting your tongue in these situations is really hard. Especialy when one of there "Post buddies" jumps in and starts backing them up, like its some school ground arguments.

Im getting pissed offf thinking about it actually.

People are strange.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join