It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened in the 17 days the miners refuse to talk about?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What if the rumors are true? What rumors? THESE rumors...

That a large group of miners working in a newly blasted area had blown into an already existing network of natural caverns and tunnels which intersected with obviously dug tunnels (in that the floors, walls and ceilings were smooth, level). Several of the advance team refused to turn around, and who could blame them? They were on the verge of discovering the next King Tut's tomb, and apparently, there were veins of gold in the walls, along with other precious ores/metals. There were others "things" around, too. Apparently, according to these rumors, all of the advance team did not return. Just before losing communication with the advance team, a lot of commotion and hollering was heard --then blank.

Also stated was that a rescue team soon formed and followed chemical light markers to find the missing advance team. The rescue team was amazed at the rich veins of gold (and more) in the walls. Then, they entered the "crafted" tunnels (smooth walls, floor, arched ceiling, level). Then they found lots of blood on the floor, walls. They found ripped mining clothes, boots and a few hardhats. They found some fleshy pieces. One of the miners had the sense to recover it in a ziplock bag that had held his lunch. They heard some hissing noises and shined their lights into a dark area ahead. According to transcripts from the HQ (above ground), the miners didn't see anything except several pairs of eyes glowing in the flashlight beams. It was too much, and very spooky. This team turned tail and scrambled back to the known tunnels, screaming the whole way, as relayed by their comrades listening in via communications.

Several miners didn't make it out. They were being chased by something. The rescue party entered twelve strong. They left with only eight. The eight were being led to egress when a commotion happened where the mining tunnels had broken into the natural section. Miners were fighting and fleeing that breach. Reports indicate, well... One of the miners was talking about the movie "The Creature From The Black Lagoon." Only, different, yet scarier. Several miners got the idea to use explosives. In a deep panic, they set off an unprecedented amount of mining explosives at the breach area. This is what caused the catastrophic chain of events that killed many miners and trapped the ones we know about.

Apparently a couple of miners got some of this on cell-phone video --Blair Witch style.

When the surviving miners regrouped, (according to stories being told by their families) noises in the dark indicated that one of the "creatures" had survived the blast, and was operating in near silence on their side. It killed several of them until one of the miners brought the group back to sanity (could this be the leader guy?), and they coordinated a "circled wagon" defense. Eventually, they were able to hold the beast back, and then mounted hunts after they gathered their wits, resources and courage. They eventually killed the beast with a trap involving tuna, overturned mine cars, chem-lights, a net and explosives. Another three miners died in the blast.

This describes the first seven of the seventeen days. During the rest of the time, the leaders of the group had them hole-up in a secure location and talked everyone back to reality and sanity once it was determined that the breach closure had been complete.

Apparently, teams of agents from several western countries with subject matter experts HAVE ALREADY entered the mine via the rescue tunnel and are investigating the breach area. Another team has apparently collected some DNA from the slain "creature." Of course, much of this story is attributed to the delusions of miners whose mental competencies had been shattered by the shock of suddenly being trapped a so far underground with an immediate loss of hope of survival. The fact that U.S. agents are in the tunnels is a bit suspicious, but authorities state that they are not "agents" as much as they are mining investigators seeking to make U.S. mines safer by inspecting the site of such a recent accident.

If everything that was stated above is true, then something bizarre is going on far under our feet. As they say, "Out of site, out of MINE." Sorry, couldn't resist the pun. Of course, it's all probably just some fanciful notion concocted by people trying to sensationalize all of this. Then again, there have been strange sightings reported by spelunkers around the world. Special operations teams from the U.S. and Britain are reported to have penetrated into previously unknown cave systems in Mexico. Is there anything to this, or is it all just a bunch of hogwash? The truth may come out when the miners finally speak of their 17 DAYS....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Wow. I hope the book/movie is more like this and less like what everybody else is talking about. Trippy!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

well, your post was the icing on the cake of a very strange birthday day for me.

I had heard that they had found veins of gold down there and your story is quite horrible and scary. Yeesh, what a mental picture that conjured up for me.

I must grok this furthur...
edit on 16-10-2010 by berkeleygal because: sPeLlInG

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Hello, GhostLancer- some of my family worked in coal mines in the north of England a while back. They had some tales to tell. Where, please, did you get your info & what are your sources? We'd all love to know! Please help.... RomaMayLi

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

---HAPPY BIRTHDAY, may it advance you into a series of strange, yet wonderful events. Safe journey.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaMayLi

Hello, GhostLancer- some of my family worked in coal mines in the north of England a while back. They had some tales to tell. Where, please, did you get your info & what are your sources? We'd all love to know! Please help.... RomaMayLi

I would absolutely *love* to hear some of those tales. If you shared them here, I doubt the moderators would delete them as "off topic" because this is all about the experiences of miners, regardless of time, era and situation. AND would be much better than the stuff posted by others (that have been deleted). IMHO, I think your stories would add some *depth* (forgive the pun) to this topic.

As to sources... I have friends who live and visit in the area, and they had passed on to me some of the rumors circulating from locals and (alleged) family members. Something really weird has gone on there, and is possibly still going on. A U.S. presence in the site is certain, at the very least the drillers who created the rescue tunnel. And then some of those people spoke to their families back home about "agents dressed in black suits" accompanied by "scientist-looking dudes" and "cave explorers with a serious personality" going down into the mine. The main question was why would anyone go into a mine wearing a suit? Black, blue, or green, why would anyone go into a mine in a suit? Weird.

Apparently, a lot of the locals have been paid-off to keep quiet. Tourists and interested people are being told "There's nothing to see here" and scuttled into other areas at a steep discount. Free hotel stays, extended stays, free meals, etc. --IF they venture AWAY from the affected area. Could all be a bunch of rumors, but people are talking.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Tykonos

That might not be too far from the truth.

Apparently, large veins of gold, silver and copper were found, multi-millions worth, while they were digging the rescue shaft.

Maybe they found more while they were looking for another way out?

It's fantastic they all got out ok, it's rare for everyone to be brought out alive in these situations, but what a bonus for them to have found the rich veins, as they were going to close the mine, because they thought it was empty.

Karma.

So...large deposits of gold and silver and other precious metals were found...and somehow the number 33 is involved...wow.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
The Chilean miners rescued recently have decided to never talk about the 17 days they were trapped before being found. It's been implied that something happened during this period. My question is, what?

Well, I think being miners, they realized the consequences of the cave in. If it were me down there, I'd be the guy crying and whining about how I'm too young to die. I'd probably scramble over top of a couple of my fellow crew members in a fleeting attempt to be the first out the hole... For sure, I wouldn't be remembered as the hero of the group.

Your question reminds me of the movie with Bruce Willis, (either Impact or the other one) where they have to land on an asteroid and blow it up. One of the guys starts firing off his gun, clearing going a little crazy, and shouting 'top of the world, Ma'... or something like that...

But, after they blow up the asteroid and are heading back to Earth, the one guy that was acting crazy asks the others to keep it quiet... "No need to tell anyone about my little breakdown up there?" or something like that.

Anyway, I think people go through a lot of private emotions when dealing with their mortality. I think it is just that...

Then came the day at the bottom of the mine,
when a timber cracked and men started crying.
Minors were praying, and hearts beat fast
and everybody thought they had breathed thier last
cept' John.
Through the dust and the smoke of this man made hell,
walked a giant of a man that the minors knew well.
Grabbed a sagging timber and gave out with a groan,
and like a giant oak tree he just stood there alone, Big John

Big John
Big John
Big Bad John
Big John

And with all of his strength, he gave a mighty shove.
Then a minor yelled out, 'theres a light up above!'.
And 20 men scrambled from a 'would be' grave
now theres only one left down there to save, Big John.
With jacks and timbers, they started back down,
then came that rumble way down in the ground.
And as smoke and gas smelched out of that mine,
everybody knew it was the end of the line, for Big John.

"Big Bad John by Johnny Cash"
edit on 17-10-2010 by ByteChanger because: typo

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
well maybe they dont want to relive their experience....and i dont blame em, they want to forget about it...that was a traumatic experience

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Everyone can speculate about this if it is true. But in the final analysis if they don't talk about it, no one will ever know, so it is pointless and fruitless to speculate about things you know nothing about and will almost certainly be wrong about anyway.

Pointless.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
The Chilean miners rescued recently have decided to never talk about the 17 days they were trapped before being found. It's been implied that something happened during this period. My question is, what? Did they see something, or do something, or what?

I didn't read the entire thread so someone may have said, but weren't they trapped a lot longer than 17 days? I thought it was more like a month and a half.

Edit: Ok, I looked it up, they were trapped for a lot longer than 17 days or a month and a half. They were down there for 69 days. articles.latimes.com...
edit on 17-10-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It was 17 days before they were found and discovered to be alive.

In total 69 days.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Originally posted by RomaMayLi

I would absolutely *love* to hear some of those tales. If you shared them here, I doubt the moderators would delete them as "off topic" because this is all about the experiences of miners, regardless of time, era and situation. AND would be much better than the stuff posted by others (that have been deleted). IMHO, I think your stories would add some *depth* (forgive the pun) to this topic.

As to sources... I have friends who live and visit in the area, and they had passed on to me some of the rumors circulating from locals and (alleged) family members. Something really weird has gone on there, and is possibly still going on. A U.S. presence in the site is certain, at the very least the drillers who created the rescue tunnel. And then some of those people spoke to their families back home about "agents dressed in black suits" accompanied by "scientist-looking dudes" and "cave explorers with a serious personality" going down into the mine. The main question was why would anyone go into a mine wearing a suit? Black, blue, or green, why would anyone go into a mine in a suit? Weird.

Apparently, a lot of the locals have been paid-off to keep quiet. Tourists and interested people are being told "There's nothing to see here" and scuttled into other areas at a steep discount. Free hotel stays, extended stays, free meals, etc. --IF they venture AWAY from the affected area. Could all be a bunch of rumors, but people are talking.

Fun story, but it's a story. As for suits and scientists Chili did call on NASA to help with the rescue.
2nd verse

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It was 17 days before they were found and discovered to be alive.

In total 69 days.

Ok, but what would make those 17 days any different than the rest? They remained in the same place did they not?
2nd verse

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

What makes the first 17 days different? Up until that point the miners had no communication with anyone above and probably entertained thoughts of being left for dead where they were. After the 17 days, they knew a rescue attempt was under way. They could at least have some hope that they would not die there and might be reunited with their families.

I would think that would make a big difference.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
According to one of them (sorry no link) they fell out with each other and even a fight or two broke out. Let's not forget, at that point they were incarcerated at close quarters - with no idea whether they would even been found.
That changed after the outside world discovered them. Plus they then started getting psychological and other support.
Why must we make some deep dark conspiracy out of EVERYTHING?
Sigh...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
Only 17 days, The way you phrase that, as if it was nothing.

17 days are much less than 69 days, right? That's why I said "only 17" days, because of the whole 69 days they were trapped inside the mine they were isolated for only a fourth of the whole time.

Also, my post was an answer to a post that said that they must have had lots of food for 33 men during 69 days, but they only needed to use the food they had inside the mine for the first 17 days.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
the miners agreed to refuse to talk about how if they were operating a mountain top removal mine site they wouldn't have gotten trapped down there in the first place!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Why must we make some deep dark conspiracy out of EVERYTHING?
Sigh...

If you discount all the numbers as coincidental then yes, go on and forget about this event.
Im personnally still thinking about the goal of such an event, more precisely the great coverage it got.

Maybe a falseflag disclosure when they will all talk about those 17 days ? Could be it imho because frankly, everyone knows these miners now.
edit on 17-10-2010 by Fedge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Hello again, GhostLancer- If my reply gets bumped I'll U2U you. Hello, ATS as well- I am not the first to wonder about the Chilean miners or to rejoice that they are now free upon the surface, yet wonder at the "other world" that is all too often beneath our feet.

My grandpapa & uncle never liked talking about the strange happenings in the coal mine in which they both worked. It's the most dangerous sort of work there is without talking about "the other things" that sometimes go on down there; which is why I study geology in college. The men often heard strange things; weird knocking noises after they had all quit working to eat (they called them "Tommyknockers"- no, it isn't just a Steven King novel). There was also strange maniacal laughter sometimes heard in the mines that seemed to be a woman's- the miners referred to "her" as "Mad Dorcas". Whatever it was, it wasn't human- & none of the miners were doing it trying to pull someone's leg.

The bad part was that when anyone complained to the mine's authorities, nothing was ever done & the miners were treated as though they were crazy. My family quit the place as soon as they could. This happened in Yorkshire in the early 30's of the last century- the mine is shut now, some say because it had been played out- but who really knows?

Miners all over the Earth have such stories to tell; they're not just poor, ignorant, or crazy. It's real. For a look at what might be out there, please read Graham Hancock's excellent book, "Underworld". He has a wonderful website as well. RomaMayLi

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join