It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened in the 17 days the miners refuse to talk about?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

you know that was the first thing i though of...maybe there was more men down there,but didn't they have a head count on all workers....i'm not sure,let me see if i can hunt that out..

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

What happened in the 17 days the miners refuse to talk about?

Despair?

Let's see...trapped underground for 69+ days....future uncertain...immediately taken to hospital for treatment and observation....rejoicing with family...

WTF? I can't believe they are holding back on us...after all, it's our RIGHT to get the entire ordeal recounted to us immediately

How about having a little patience...eventually, you are going to get more details than you will ever care to read about.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

They were not 17, they were 33, and that number has been known since the start.

If there was anyone missing all the families waiting for their loved ones would know about any missing miner.

Unfortunately, many people only knew about this when it became "news" (some poor miners from a poor country buried alive are not "news" for many mainstream media sources), so they do not know the whole story.

There's nothing wrong with it, but assuming that what they fantasize in their own minds, based on what they want to think happened and ignoring what really happened, is not right.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

How about having a little patience...eventually, you are going to get more details than you will ever care to read about.

amen, Aggie Man.

Let's just stop all the conjecture and wait and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

There's nothing wrong with it, but assuming that what they fantasize in their own minds, based on what they want to think happened and ignoring what really happened, is not right.

I absolutely don't hope that is what happened!

The thread is a discussion of what *may* have transpired in those days before the miners were located. It seemed like a reasonable addition to the debate to mention that prior to contact with the outside world, something really bad could have happened like I discussed.

So I am a little unclear then, during those initial days after the mine collapse, the miners had communications to the surface, and the number of survivors was known? Because my comments implied that maybe something ugly transpired prior to a headcount on the surface...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The number of missing miners was known since the accident, and they were the same that were found 17 days after the accident.

PS: I think my previous answer may have been a little confusing itself, sorry for that.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
news source of mine collapse time line

well acording to this news report,that does a timeline of the events of those trapped miners from day one,they say 34 ...then say 17 days later after contact 33 ?....so maybe one of them did meet his death down there.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

The first news talked about 34 miners, but on the day after the accident they had already changed the number to 33.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Everyone out of the mine in Chile

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD&obref=obinsite

Rescue worker Manuel Gonzalez -- the last person still in the mine -- was hoisted to the surface around 11:30 p.m. ET.

It was Urzua, 54, who first established contact with the outside world on August 22, 17 days after the mine collapsed on August 5, trapping him and his men.

It was Urzua who divided the cans of tuna that helped keep the men alive until they were discovered, and it was he who organized the 32 others into three work shifts.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
After 17 days, trapped Chilean miners send note they're alive

from Aug 22

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

Beaming, the president held the note pulled from the mine up for television cameras. Written in Spanish in red ink, it read simply: "The 33 of us are fine in the shelter."

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
posted those two links above to maybe set us straight on what did happen.

I am sure that when the mine collapsed that they knew exactly who is missing. Surely they keep a list.

Anyway, I am liking the direction this thread is going.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Down below, Chilean miners found hope in family, the little things

from Oct 11

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD&obref=obins ite

The first couple of weeks had to be the hardest. There were no dominoes, no fresh air. The 4-inch-wide boreholes through which the 33 miners receive tubes filled with food, water and other necessities would not be drilled for 18 more days.

The mine collapsed August 5, blocking the main ramp into the mine. Thirty-one miners quickly found a "workshop" in one of the mine's caverns, while two others followed an errant white butterfly to the refuge after the dust cleared.

Water and batteries were in the shelter, and the men survived off canned fish, a jar of peaches and moxie until a drill bit pierced the stuffy dungeon's ceiling August 22. The men attached to a probe a note scrawled in bold, red letters on a ragged piece of paper.

The mine collapsed August 5, blocking the main ramp into the mine. Thirty-one miners quickly found a "workshop" in one of the mine's caverns, while two others followed an errant white butterfly to the refuge after the dust cleared.

It was an angel
Really, I had not heard that little detail.
edit on 15-10-2010 by berkeleygal because: to add more

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
those people were going to die, if not rescued, they spend so much time there craving for their lives,and you englightened people say they were dirt poor and want to sell the story for the money? to make a movie?
WHAT THE # IS WRONG WITH YOU
ats sucks good night

EH!! Excuse me,if you care to actually read this thread,you will see that we all agree that they should make money from this,i for one hope they all make enough to keep them and there family's comfortable,after the ordeal they been through down there.

and i be the first to buy the book.

as far as ATS suck's....do everyone a favor,and remove yourself from the site,trolls just leave nonsensical comments,and leave the thread messy.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Well no - actually - they have said themselves that they are remaining silent until they are all together to tell the story and share in the limelight and the monetary gains that comes with telling their story. Relax.

abc link

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
OK one more link for ya'll, then I will stop

Midway through Chile rescue: 17 miners reach freedom

Midway thru the rescue, this is a long page up interesting updates that ya'll might not have seen.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

There's a video there that shows the inside of the tunnel plus other goodies...

Time for dinner for me.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

...i agree with your sentiments but, ya know, theres a possibility that we may never hear their story... it may be too traumatic for them to relive or too personal and they dont to be exploited... time will tell...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
And the reptilians gave all of them a good shave and a shower ?

No that was the rescuers who did that. They were able to pass down food, water for drinking and bathing, and other such supplies they would need, during the time it took to rescue them.....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This question raised by this thread borders on voyeurism -- on wanting to see something too unbearable to see, but you can't resist wanting to know.

Down there, in desperation mixed with hopelessness, and all of society's checks and balances missing, who knows what went on?

What we do know is that the men came out apparently hardly scathed. It is a testament to the human spirit, to the leadership of a few, and to the goodness of those men in whole.

While what we don't know may be intrigueing, what do know is an inspiration. Kudos also to the country of Chile for making an example of itself to the world about what a caring nation looks like.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Yes, but the star of Chile (clearly visible in the backround) is NOT inverted!
Smacks of satanism to me....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join