It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY newest HERO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My hero this year is for sure is "Luis" the 33 miner brought to the top, and let me say that he had only been with the company 2 months!!! yet he kept his men safe, confident, and so many thing and then waded to be the last person out!!! What triumphent day for man kind

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

what makes him a hero? because he was trapped in a mine? he didn't really do anything except survive a disaster.
edit on 13-10-2010 by MR BOB because: wh

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Viva Chile!
LET THEM BE AN EXAMPLE
How to work together to solve a difficult problem.
I am SO proud of them and the effort.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Star and flag all over your hero and this thread.
I couldn't even begin to imagine what those guys went through down there all those days.
If I ever run into any of them I'd buy them a round or two.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hero?

I don't feel that is the title fitting for this man, a remarkable human being is more I like it.
I can only imagine the ever growing feeling of inescapable claustrophobia, enough to make a grown man cry.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
are the drillers that worked day and night not more deserving to be called hero's?

they are afterall the one's who saved the miners lives

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
They're all heroes and we're all allowed to have our favourites.

I likened this story the other day to the Uruguayan rugby team who were stranded in the Andes in 1972 and had to resort to cannibalism. Who survived the intense cold and total white-out wearing only summer clothes, for 72 days. Each day not knowing they'd get out alive. Same as these miners, but they had the darkness and the heat instead. Luckily they didn't have to eat each other. When the movie's out we'll find out if that was even discussed,

Nando Parrado and Roberto Canessa are my heroes for getting them out of that icy hell back in '72. Haven't decided on my favourites for this story yet but I have a soft spot for wee Jimmy Sanchez.

Incidentally, that plane crashed into the Andes on 13th October, '72. The miners were rescued on that same day. I'll bet some of that Uruguay rugby team had a double drink to celebrate yesterday.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I do think it testifies to the strength of the human spirit that someone can endure even the seemingly unbearable adversity in order to survive. However, I understand the point the OP is trying to make. If you had been trapped down there all this time, you would have wanted to be at the top of the list to be the first ones out. It takes a brave and caring soul to say to all of his co-workers..."You go ahead. I volunteer to be the last one up."...while others were probably fighting or drawing lots over who went first. What this guy did was basically akin to the Captain going down with the ship. He stayed till he was sure everyone else was safe. That's definitely worthy of some admiration there.

new topics

top topics

join