It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile Miners Rescue - Distraction

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
I don't believe anyone is shoving anything down anyones throat. You have the option of watching it or not. Why do people blame the media for what they are seeing?

The thing isn't that the miners' rescue isn't important and something we should ALL be grateful for, it's that they are showing ONLY this on the news. Yeah, we know they are being rescued, we know its going to be very heartwarming, they are going to be so happy to meet their families... But the world is a big place and there are TONS of other stories which could also be running, and it wouldn't detract from the miner situation whatsoever. It's like when Michael Jackson died - there could have been a legitimate alien landing or invasion or whatever, and NOBODY would know because all news/media outlets were flooded!

Reporting on ONLY one story for more than an hour, much less a couple days, is just as bad as a total media blackout!

Well, I can't agree with your comment about ONLY that.
I live in Texas and Im hispanic.Why im telling you this you will soon understand.
I was watching my Rangers put a whooping on the TB Rays. After that was over it was covered on the news. I was watching the miners being rescued on Univision Where they were showing the miners and the Mexico soccer game against Venezuela, at the same time on the same screen. At the same time I was catching up on the recent NFL updates on the sports channel news. While they were showing the recent break up with Courtney Cox and Mr. David on E News. So, no they werent showing this on all networks. I'm sorry but that didn't happen.

Personal Opinion: I would much rather watch people being rescued then people being murder. Also, im not going to worry about a possible Alien invasion. What good is that going to do me? Like I said I would much rather watch a story about people being saved then about an alien invasion. Again Personal Opinion.

Peace!

edit on 13-10-2010 by Armour For Victor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Expect there to be some financial shenanigans and some dodgy govt decisions/law passing in the next few days.

Also mr Irish from oathkeepers is going to find it hard to get much msm attention.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
this thread scares me. AND NONE OF YOU WILL HELP IF....

link   

Originally posted by scobro
Please someone tell me that they also heard the statement from the BBC reporter,that i have posted a couple of posts back from this one!

It's his opinion, get over it, I'm sure a reporter for the BBC doesn't know anymore than the best ufology researchers about Mars and supposed life. Life on Mars is a term of phrase.

link   
i agree
thats why this is not on CNN

Thousands greet Ahmadinejad on first state visit to Lebanon

they wait until some kind of false flag happen

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

Why???

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

It has very little to do with any real importance of the story or those involved.

It has everything to do with every reporter and every news agentcy being on the scene and filing their report to their home audience.

Way back when, there was a time when almost every local news agentcy shared the reports of a few correspondants scattered around the world. With the advent of satellite broadcasting, everybody has to have their "man" on the scene.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by TVeducated

Did building 7 not fall though??

Don't start that sh*t in here. There is a thread for all that C.I.A conspiracy september 11th crap.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Given the publicity around this event and the build up to it, it would stand to reason that more people than normal would be tuning into the news about now...especially those that feel strong about the rescues and those that have been sucked in by the medias pull on their emotional cords...the point being more people are looking at the news...people are focused on the news!! "IF" something were to occur, regardless of what it was "UFO" or what not... what better way to increase the impact of the event than to have all eyes watching prior to kick off. Everyone is saying it is a distraction , what if it is the exact opposite.... a focal point?

Always the optimist.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Don't get too touchy.

How smart can enyone be who claims to be tv educated.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

LMAO!!!

I don't believe a second line is needed here.

Peace!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Because, as much as i want those men to be delivered safely from that mine,it makes sense someone is up to something. eg the USA oil spill...

and therefore, WE DO live on a odd planet where when/if 'something' happens,were DONE FOR!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Excuse me, but a bit less of the lanuage would be appreciated, i was simply replying back to another member who mentioned that the BBC arent reliable as they stated that they mentioned building 7 collapsed before it did, and then another member stated that he heard a BBC reporter state that there is life on mars just 20mins ago.

I was not diverting away from the thread, i was responding to a valid point regarding the BBC coverage and reporting.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Don't get too touchy. How smart can enyone be who claims to be tv educated.

Smart enough to leave this thread, and to realise you didn't see the irony in the name TVeducated.

Edit: How smart can someone be who's name spells nothing: hdutton

edit on 13/10/2010 by TVeducated because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/10/2010 by TVeducated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
guys, dont fight, unite.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have absolutely no clue as to why the masonics would beneficiate from an event like that but the numbers dont lie.
And to answer another poster yes they put their symbolism in plain sight, and no one seems to really care ( best example being the pyramid+horus eye on dollar bill).

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but i havent really been paying attention to this miner story all too much...But are they able to communicate with the miners that have yet to be rescued?

I ask because i noticed before they rescued one of them they had a picture of the guy that they were rescuing before he had even gotten to the surface...so if they arent able to communicate how would they know which one specifically that they are rescuing?

But if they are able to communicate then please forgive my ignorance

edit on 13-10-2010 by HojotheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I for one do not feel distracted. I guess that this rescue operation does deserve the attention it gets.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I feel the same as the OP. Somethings up however I'm focusing more on down and I aint talking miners. I have a feeling quakes are moving south. They're gonna have to lash on I think.
Safe return to all.
Degrees. 33. Time. Date. Rituals.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Getting these guys rescued is a big event. They were stuck over a mile underground for over 2 months with barely enough room to stand up and now they are being sucked out of the ground in a coffin.

I can't wait until they start the interviews.

You are right this is a big event but your other stements are just plain wrong.

622m is nowhere near 1km let alone 1 mile. Secondly they had loads of room. The shelter/cavern was extensive. Did you not see the footage of them driving their JCB around the barely enough room to stand place.

Come on, remember the motto. Please act least make an attempt to get some facts into a post.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join