It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am I?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
You are only aware of being... without the comparison of not love do you understand love, yes you see love in your babies eyes, but what are you really seeing? Is it your babies love, or your love for the baby that makes what you see?

What I see when I look in a babies eyes is a being who realises it is totally dependant on others for its survival. It knows this. That is why it cries out to be fed. It cries out to be changed. It cries out to be held.

What do we do now when we feel unloved? Do we not cry out?

I learn from babies. They are closer to the truth than we ever could be.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
'The name that can be named is not the eternal name' (Tao Te Ching)

Anything we label or have words for is not eternal. You can only see your true self in the silence.You cannot see it with your eyes. When you do see yourself you have no words to describe it.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Etherguide
You can verify all information given in this thread by observing your consciousness (as I did). Modern science won't help you here

What is the main difference between a humanoid robot with advanced artificial intelligence and a human being?
Robot is a machine. Machines have no consciousness and are not able to act. Machines react. There is no way to create artificial consciousness.

So when did consciousness start from an evolutionary perspective, it was just suddenly there? A lifeform programmed to interact with this world just suddenly programmed this thing called consciousness and became aware? Or are we simply created by something that has a consciousness and it created us with consciousness from the beginning?

Why can't I build a robot with AI that will keep becoming smarter than the smartest human being by making a question about every answer can think?
edit on 12/10/2010 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Hey man, you are right, words present limitation.

I forget about the Tao sometimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What the baby sees, and what you see and feel are 2 completely different worlds.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

What do you want?
2nd line.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Etherguide

What do you want?

What do you mean?

<< 1   >>