It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think Aliens Are Good? - Think Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Charles Fort sums it up nicely in his book "The Book of the Damned" 1919.

If there is life in the universe, how come we aren't visited by aliens? This is called the Fermi Paradox, proposed by Enrico Fermi in the 1950s. Fort gives a preemptive solution on page 163, where he states, famously, 'I think we're property.' Fort's solution is that earth was warred over in the distant past, and now is under the control of 'something'--"all other warned off." The reason that we never meet our 'owners' is that they have no interest in talking with their 'livestock.'

But, in this vast subject, I shall have to do considerable neglecting or disregarding, myself. I don't see how I can, in this book, take up at all the subject of possible use of humanity to some other mode of existence, or the flattering notion that we can possibly be worth something.

Pigs, geese, and cattle.

First find out that they are owned.

Then find out the whyness of it.

I suspect that, after all, we're useful—that among contesting claimants, adjustment has occurred, or that something now has a legal right to us, by force, or by having paid out analogues of beads for us to former, more primitive, owners of us—all others warned off—that all this has been known, perhaps for ages, to certain ones upon this earth, a cult or order, members of which function like bellwethers to the rest of us, or as superior slaves or overseers, directing us in accordance with instructions received—from Somewhere else—in our mysterious usefulness.

But I accept that, in the past, before proprietorship was established

inhabitants of a host of other worlds have—dropped here, hopped here, wafted, sailed, flown, motored—walked here, for all I know—been pulled here, been pushed; have come singly, have come in enormous numbers; have visited occasionally, have visited periodically for hunting, trading, replenishing harems, mining: have been unable to stay here, have established colonies here, have been lost here; far-advanced peoples, or things, and primitive peoples or whatever they were: white ones, black ones, yellow ones—

www.sacred-texts.com...
edit on 1-11-2010 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by HanyouSpirit
We really need to get away from terms like good and evil, and use terms like Servant to Self/Servant to Others. That i believe is one improvement we can achieve. Good and Evil seems too subjective, maybe it's just me though ^_^.

it is just you
it does boil down to good and evil
and it always has been
and always will be

there are good aliens just
like there are bad aliens.
This goes for humans as well.
It's a constant battle of opposing
forces on a daily basis.

i agree that there is a balance in all things. However, a person can be considered evil and yet be very much of the positive/good/servant to others type. Same can be said for a person you, me, or someone else may consider good. On that note, i think while my post on servant to self or others may not be the answer either as that is also subjective, i think we need to get away from such terms and just accept that there are people with different ideals and what may be considered good or bad to one person is not the same for another.

Does that make sense? If not i think i'll reformulate it some more.

to add to this, there is no fighting a duality, or universal law(balance). Labeling things/people as good or bad is not helping matters, rather we should look at things as they are.
edit on 20-11-2010 by HanyouSpirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecy4

Take a look at Humans.

See how they are all quite different from each other in respect to interests, inclinations, motivations, etc?

Same with ETs.

PS: Technology is NOT the source of mankind's demise.
Take a knife for example. Is the knife the same in the hands of a surgeon and in the hands of a murderer? No. Then is the knife evil?
It's how you use the tool that makes all the difference, not the tool itself.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Of course there are evil aliens, but with bad there is always the opposite. I can assure you that if we had been visited by the truly malevolent ones we would not be here right now.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risco
Of course there are evil aliens, but with bad there is always the opposite. I can assure you that if we had been visited by the truly malevolent ones we would not be here right now.

Quoth cattle 1 to cattle 2.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Oh, really? What makes you think that?
You think that if they'd come they'd wipe you all out of existence? Is that it?

No, you got it wrong. Their interest lies not in mindless destruction and pointless slaughter. Their interests lie in subversion, enslavement and control. If you need cattle, you're not going to go for world annihilation. What profit would you get from that?

edit on 20-11-2010 by RKallisti because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti

Oh, really? What makes you think that?
You think that if they'd come they'd wipe you all out of existence? Is that it?

No, you got it wrong. Their interest lies not in mindless destruction and pointless slaughter. Their interests lie in subversion, enslavement and control. If you need cattle, you're not going to go for world annihilation. What profit would you get from that?

edit on 20-11-2010 by RKallisti because: (no reason given)

No, not to wipe us out of existence but to rape our resources to the point where we would not be able to exist other than as slaves or as you put it "cattle" The aliens that are here are accelerating our technology and knowledge to the point where we can accept them.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have to say I have always said that we shouldn't be looking for ET we should be hiding... There is NOTHING in our own history that says technology=peace and if we can't learn from our own mistakes then whose mistakes can we learn from?

IF E.T's are here then if they are ANYTHING like us the future can't be good.... Why would they want to 'save us'? If it were the other way round all our governments would be after is what we could get from them and their world.....

If we found a world of cavemen our governments would laugh and take everything they could from said cavemen, we want to save US.... AKA the human race 99% of us dont give a monkeys about saving the Whale so why would an alien race want to save us? Even I cant see an awful lot to want to save at the moment and I am human.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Aliens stole my skateboard.

Good play, be sure to see it.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There are good aliens and bad aliens. The bad aliens are the Greys, Reptillians and those who come from Orion. The good aliens are the Nordics, Pladeius w/e its spelt and the Andromedans. (There are more) Please search Alex Collier on youtube. He's been contacted by the people from Andromeda and he explains everything that you guys should know.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am pretty mixed on Alex Collier. I thught he was pretty much a fraud....or am I thinking of someone else?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join