It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think Aliens Are Good? - Think Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I find it to be very interesting that people actually think aliens are good. If aliens exist lets look at the evidence that shows they are not good.

Example #1: Some people claim that highly advanced beings would not be evil. If we look at mankind, the more advanced we have become, the more we have perfected the art of killing people. From slings to neutron bombs. Based on our own actions, we can conlude that more advanced civilizations would probably be the same way.

Example #2: All throughout history people have been reporting beings from the sky kidnapping and raping women and men in some cases. There are two possibilities. There are no beings from the sky at all or there are. If there are beings from the sky, are they really kidnapping and raping people?

Example #3: People claim that these beings only lied about being gods and angels because we weren't ready to know the truth. A lie is a lie period. Even if they are posing as gods, angels, etc., they are still revealing that we are not alone. Why not just say they are mortal beings from a different world. Why pose as gods and allow people to worship them? People already believed that hybrids lived among them, I'm sure they could accept the story that these beings were not gods.

Example #4: People in Sumer claim that these beings enslaved them and forced them to work for natural resources. I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure most people don't view slavery as a good thing.

Example #5: Perhaps one of the most disturbing aspect is the concept of a walk-in. I'm not a genius, but does this not sound exactly like a Biblical example of demon possession? I don't know alot, but anything acting like a demon should raise red flags.

Example #6: Some organizations like the Raeliens claim we need to give these beings an invitation if we want them to make contact. If these beings were the gods of mythology, the usual invitation was a huge human sacrifice or a request for them to inhabit a body. Demons need an invitation, vampires need an invitation, and so do many other creatures associated with the supernatural. Who in their right mind would invite beings that seem to be bound by the same laws as evil supernatural creatures.

Either people have been lying about the aliens or aliens have been lying to people. I choose to believe my fellow man before I'd believe some strange creature that may be guilty of the following:

Slavery
Rape
Kidnapping
Possession
Lying

*SNIP*
edit on June 15th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecy4
I choose to believe my fellow man before I'd believe some strange creature that may be guilty of the following:
Slavery
Rape
Kidnapping
Possession
Lying

Wait wait... isn't human too a strange creatures who is guilty of all above? You're contradicting yourself, or in denial

When I was little my mother told me not to trust total strangers so I don't, regardless what specie they are
. One will easily get my help and my service but trust not so easily.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
everyone is capable of being despicable in this Physical Dimension, including "Angels". In my mind, a TRUE Higher Dimensional Being would not be found in this lower vibrational realm, and it would be difficult to actually make contact with such a being in this 3rd/4th density.

So to me, if Aliens start coming down in visible, touchable ships...RUN LIKE HELL because they are 9/10 times, not your friends and they WILL want something from you.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I never said that humans couldn't, so what's the contridiction? I said that anybody that thinks aliens are automatically good are ignoring all of history. I'd still trust humans before I'd trust intergalactic rapists.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Humans aren't any good.

We rape, kill, torture, enslave and abuse our own people! So these bad aliens you talk of are no better than we are and vice versa.

We aren't exactly kind to our own race. We are judgemental selfish group if you ask me.

I don't think all aliens are good either. I don't doubt some are not friendly.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Aliens are NASTY little vermin. I do NOT think they are good. And even if there were good ones out there who are 'visiting' ... they aren't doing anything to stop the bad ones from harvesting us and/or experimenting on us.

I say DOWN with alien vermin.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Following your argument, I can see how aliens are evil. And lets say you're spot on. Then I'd ask you the following question: What makes you think those evil aliens are the only aliens out there?

We have too few pieces of evidence, if you can call them that, regarding alien intelligent life.

There might be a vast network of good aliens out there that believe in non-interference and that everyone needs to learn on their own.

Or we can accept the fact that the Universe is so massive, that we really have NO clue as to what it holds in terms of life.

In any case, subscribing to the idea that aliens are evil is bad. Simply because if there are good aliens that arrive and we treat them with hostility, what reason do they have to interact with us?

I'd rather we be cautious but open. Trust has got to be earned, even by aliens, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't go shake their hand.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecy4

earth people rape and enslave does that mean we are all evil??

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You know, its the false belief that somehow Advanced Technology/Advanced Civilization= Good
I don't know where people got that idea, but its became a weird religion of some sorts.....

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree that statistically and logically it is safe to assume that the universe is balanced with good and evil in some sense although i have long moved past those terms. However i do not for one minute believe in any of the religious spins that people put on aliens and higher beings.

I think that if the "so called" aliens were not benevolent but malevolent in intent and that this was the general statistic across the board of currently visiting or visited in the past "races", then we'd be gone already. Simply because any intelligent technologically and or spiritually superior race that had evil intentions would not waste hundreds to thousands of years for some grand master plan/deception, they'd have acted immediately and been done with it already.

I think the truth is much more balanced than that, however i also think that there seems to be a strong benevolence going about. Maybe it is just my gut feeling, instinct, sense, or maybe i am dreaming but i don't think were in such deep trouble as some make us out to be, i think that is just fearmongering and being scared of the unknown. I think that it is more likely that some are here to watch, others are here to help, some are here for their own reasons a.k.a self-servant, however i do not think there is much malevolence other than perhaps some of our own higher ups who seems to think the human race is just a pawn and that the planet is an immortal rock.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No-one at this point in time can accurately guage or postulate whether the myriad advanced alien species that in theory should populate the galaxy; are hostile, benign or neutral. We're trying to place human motives and psychology on beings who are 'alien' to us and it would stand to reason, that not all of them would think nor behave like we do. If we look at our own history, one can argue that while we still have a lot of problems: famine, disease, pollution, killing etc. Civilisation seems to progress very slowly with a gradual emancipation of all groups within humanity. This is why we have the rule of law, not perfect but it is meant to be just, fair and impartial in righting the wrongs of society and of course to deter those who wish to break the law. Science, art and mathematics would not have arrived had the human race not advanced or evolved to a certain point. If you look at our past and at a basic level, we started with groups of small families. Dwelling in caves and other places with food, water and shelter.

After a while, small families would band together to form a community. A community would grow in size and stature and become a society. Where eventually, single 'state' villages or towns would band together and become part of a larger territory. Villages became towns, towns became cities which then administer a county. A county would eventually join with other counties and countries would be born. Of course empires were the flavour of the day in the previous two centuries or so and many were subjugated and had no choice. At least now, we have such entities as the United States of America which proves that people can come together and form a union with others whom they've never met. It's quite an incredible feat when you stand back and look at it. I think the one thing history teaches us is that over a period of time, the world will become more united; globalisation if you will. Many see this as a threat and think a 'new world order' is something to fear and challenge because we'd be controlled by some malicious force hell bent on making us conform to some agenda. I think the ultimate test for us is to see whether mankind can somehow form a world government with aligned goals and agendas.

Where prosperity can reign supreme in addition to science and technology being the apex of our efforts to better ourselves. To further our level of undertanding and knowledge of the universe. Even though I said anything alien would be different to us, in regards to outlook, modus operandi, desires etc. There's still a possibility that there are races who have, are and will experience a similar 'condition' to the human one and so they may be like us when it comes to psychology and behaviour.

If we have to try and guess at what they'd be like. I think we'd first need to establish whether their 'society' or organisational network is individualist, like us or part of some homogenous hive type mind. It's one or the other. If its the former then they're bound to be as varied as life is on Earth. If they're the latter, perhaps more aggressive or certainly neutral. Concerned more with self-preservation than anything else. If you think I've typed b*ll*cks then just let me know.
edit on 10/10/10 by Retro~Burn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Just because one group of aliens is evil doesn't mean the whole universe wants to eat us alive aswell. We are bad and some aliens are bad too. But overall it's not that bad...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Even Steven Hawkins said that any ailiens who would venture this far out of their natural habitat would be scavangers looking for something that they need to survive (or something to that effect), like hunters if you will to bring back their kill or wares to their home planet. I think he also mentioned enslaving humans in order to mine ore or whatever it is they are sent after. If I were to guess I would have to say that this makes sense to me because of the risk involved and all else that goes with it.

V6

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree! I hate aliens and all those evil things they do. I say we go to their planet and first make something up so they think we are holy and godly like. Then after a few thousand years of some well placed lies in their history we will be able to trick them into slavery. If all goes well we will be kidnapping and raping them before you know it. We would basically be in complete possession of them. We can then take all their resources and whatever else we want back home with us after they have gathered it all for us. We can call it the E.A.R.T.H. program.

Enslave - Arrange Resources - Take Home

edit on 10-10-2010 by Xerophobia because: Spellling

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I see where you're coming from OP, but I'm still going to wait for disclosure before I make a decision either way.

After all, I have not seen any concrete evidence that points to them being good or being evil. IMHO most of the stuff out there is hearsay which lacks formal evidence, or a person (or persons) best guess based on ancient texts and stuff like that. I do not believe any abduction or contactee story and believe that those who claim such should try the meds I'm on and they'll see their delusions fade away in next to no time.

That said, I do believe in aliens and look forward to seeing what happens when/if disclosure happens.

Rev

edit on 10/10/2010 by revmoofoo because: my kingdom for mad spelling skills!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There is a perception that this planet may play host to many different ET species. At least one of these species, or a rogue element within it, may well have an opportunistic and unfriendly attitude toward us. Even a single species may have psychopathic individuals, our own species being a prime example of this. This does not cause us to fear the whole of humanity, does it? *** I seriously doubt that technological advancement equates with greater evil. Recall that, once devised, the fission bomb (atomic bomb) was used only twice as a weapon, and has since lain unused for 65 years, a significant period of time, in human terms. Its more destructive cousin, the fusion bomb (hydrogen bomb) has never been used as a weapon, though it has existed for almost as long.*** Mr. Sitchin's translation and interpretation of Mesopotamian mythology is highly questionable, and is not endorsed by other scholars. Its numerous astronomical claims appear to have no supporting evidence. It can not be said to constitute a reliable account of ET dealings with humans.*** So called 'walk-ins' are claimed to exist by some. This does not amount to an indictment of extraterrestrial dealings with humans. Such a metaphysical construct can not be examined in an objective manner. In any case, to compare this to the lore of demonic possession in a rather long reach, at best. That extraterrestrials may have anciently been taken for gods, angels and the like is certainly possible. Does this amount to deception? It hardly seems so. Ancient peoples had no basis for thinking in terms of other worlds in space, which could harbor living beings like themselves. It simply wasn't part of their understanding of how the universe was constructed. If ETs wished to interact with humans in ancient times, they had to do so in a way that could be understood. If they adapted to their purpose the human tendency to invest the forces of nature with personalities, hence gods, they were apparently using the only reasonable route open to them. Much of the god mythology may have be built up by human imagination alone, quite apart from any actions of extraterrestrials. Ross

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
We really need to get away from terms like good and evil, and use terms like Servant to Self/Servant to Others. That i believe is one improvement we can achieve. Good and Evil seems too subjective, maybe it's just me though ^_^.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerophobia

I say we go to their planet and first make something up so they think we are holy and godly like. .

I agree with you in part... I believe it'll be the other way around.

I think if there are aliens, and disclosure happens, they'll make a dramatic entrance and decieve many.

As a side note, I also think that if the governments of the world has made contact, the "elite" may not be the ones pulling the strings behind the scenes like we think.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerophobia

I agree! I hate aliens and all those evil things they do. I say we go to their planet and first make something up so they think we are holy and godly like. Then after a few thousand years of some well placed lies in their history we will be able to trick them into slavery. If all goes well we will be kidnapping and raping them before you know it. We would basically be in complete possession of them. We can then take all their resources and whatever else we want back home with us after they have gathered it all for us. We can call it the E.A.R.T.H. program.

you're joking right?
because, that is funny, and it makes me wonder if humanity posed as Gods first.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thing is if the ancient text from Sumer are correct then they are somewhat our FATHERS due to them minipulating our (CREATOR DESIGN ORIGINAL) DNA to assist their deeds. I also see it as a negative that they posed as GODS when they knew they were creations MADE FROM EITHER THE CREATOR OR FROM REBELLIOUS ANGELS DESCENDENT OF THE CREATOR (FALLEN) as was humanity when we were in our ORIGINAL NON MINIPULATED FORMS, so I fully understand the feelings OP, you show within this thread. I do think there are positive E.T. though who follow a completely different mindstate of excepting humanity as their BROTHERS and they may be willing to help us advancne further into the STARS..

edit on 10/10/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join