It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think Aliens Are Good? - Think Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace
reply to post by prophecy4

You make good points...But most of why you think aliens could be evil is just from assumption. Most cases that involve people claiming that they are being kidnapped and raped by people in the sky could also be the result of PTSD. People who have been raped and develop this anxiety disorder normally have very vivid dreams that can reflect their traumatic experiences. I'm not a psychologist so i'm probably not qualified to say either way...but it's just a suggestion. We probably couldn't say that all abduction cases that have to do with rape are the result of PTSD.
Also, I don't think we can say for sure that the aliens did tell the ancient civilizations that they are God...actually we don't even know exactly how they contacted those people if it happened at all. It might not be as simple as them directly speaking to them or fully coming out and showing themselves. We don't know the full story...so I still think instead of assuming they are good or evil... we should just remain on the fence and expect both scenarios.

You do realize that this isn't new at all. We are just changing old stories into something modern. If they are contacting us, they have been doing so for thousands of years. The ancient stories are clear that whatever these beings are, they had no trouble kidnapping, raping, and accepting worship.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I'm going to be completely honest with you... I didn't realize that abduction claims have been going on that long. I'm going to look that up it sounds interesting. This whole subject is a new thing for me..So mostly what I'm doing is just toying with ideas and seeing where they get me.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecy4

Originally posted by HanyouSpirit
I agree that statistically and logically it is safe to assume that the universe is balanced with good and evil in some sense although i have long moved past those terms. However i do not for one minute believe in any of the religious spins that people put on aliens and higher beings.

So what was Hitler if you don't think he was evil? It seems the religious spin fits. Anyone saying it doesn't is in denial. "Walk-ins" that do the same thing as demons? Any blind person could see that only something evil would imitate the actions of a demon.

Hitler was an evil man i do not doubt it, he was servant to himself. While i try to stay away from terms like good and evil i do not doubt the obvious.

I think that if the "so called" aliens were not benevolent but malevolent in intent and that this was the general statistic across the board of currently visiting or visited in the past "races", then we'd be gone already. Simply because any intelligent technologically and or spiritually superior race that had evil intentions would not waste hundreds to thousands of years for some grand master plan/deception, they'd have acted immediately and been done with it already.

Hitler was evil but he didn't want to kill everyone, just certain people. They wanted slaves according to history. We kill cattle, chickens, etc. with no intentions of wiping them out. We use them for what we need, we breed them, and we kill them. So why do they need to wipe us out if they have other stuff in mind?

I did not say that they'd just mass-kill everyone. I simply am trying to explain that they would not waste time, and would get to it right away. Now the argument to this would be "But what if they had to wait, what if they couldn't just waltz in and do their will?". I cannot answer that as i do not know, however i can say that if they are more advanced than us, then there should be no problem in acting now or long ago. Unless, the reality is more dual and balanced than we think ^_^.

I think the truth is much more balanced than that, however i also think that there seems to be a strong benevolence going about. Maybe it is just my gut feeling, instinct, sense, or maybe i am dreaming but i don't think were in such deep trouble as some make us out to be, i think that is just fearmongering and being scared of the unknown.

Fearmongering? Again, history says that they haven't done any good at all. Please find me someone that was abducted and came back with the cure to world hunger. LOL. What they come back with are traumatizing experiences, anti-Jesus messages, and rape accusations. If that's your idea of benevolence, I'd hate to live in your world.

I am simply trying to explain that things may not be as grim as people fear. Remember fear is deceptive and should be taken with a huge grain of salt. However i admit that there is probably some level of malevolence going on as i see it everyday from the smallest of incidents when i go out to the major incidents that lend credibility that we are nothing more than a chess piece to some.

On top of that i am sure if you look you will find plenty of abduction cases that aren't your typical operation on a table.

I think that it is more likely that some are here to watch, others are here to help, some are here for their own reasons a.k.a self-servant, however i do not think there is much malevolence other than perhaps some of our own higher ups who seems to think the human race is just a pawn and that the planet is an immortal rock.

As someone stated earlier, if some are here to help, why aren't they stopping the bad ones from kidnapping and raping?

I do not know why they don't just step in but the same could be said about the "bad" ets. Why have they not already taken over? Why have they not enslaved us all for the rest to see? Why does it seem like there is a conflict of power going on? The argument here could be "maybe they already took over but we just don't see it", however the opposite can be true as well. Look at both sides of the coin.

I admit reality and the truth of it all can be either, as i have seen enough evidence of both. However, what if the truth is more balanced than we think?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace

I'm going to be completely honest with you... I didn't realize that abduction claims have been going on that long. I'm going to look that up it sounds interesting. This whole subject is a new thing for me..So mostly what I'm doing is just toying with ideas and seeing where they get me.

Read any stories about the gods. You will find that one of the only times they actually came down to earth was to kidnap women and produce offspring. Other than that, it was some kind of quest usually.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I do not personally believe that Aliens are good or evil. Fact is, I don't know whether they come from other planets, a parallel universe or dimension, or if new technologies are kept from the populace by the MIC or the petro-chemical new-age robber barons.

I do know that this planet is full of violence and charlatans. You mentioned the Raeliens in Example 6 of of your OP.

Seriously, would you buy a used car from these people? Just saying...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Good or bad....they are not here or are not coming here.

They may have sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I bet god is one of aliens.they save human being a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
In my opinion, the odds of multiple alien races knowing about us and visiting us are slim. We don't even know if one planet is visiting us, let alone more than one. Although, I do believe the earth has been visited or will be visited by another planet at some point in the future, whether we're alive or not. Assuming we're being visited by an alien race, if they're anything like us, then we're probably doomed. If they're anything like us, they probably would have landed at the white house by now. If they're anything like us, they probably would've started a fight with us by now. If they're anything like us, i'd wonder how they survived for so long. I think that if they're thousands of years ahead of us then there's a good chance that they're more peaceful than us. I think that we are going to eventually be the end of ourselves judging by our past and present actions. If the aliens are peaceful and smart and have witnessed us killing each other, they may be staying away for now until we either change or just destroy ourselves.

For all we know, there may be a law where they're from that doesn't allow them to help or change other planets and their inhabitants. Perhaps they're just interested in us and observing us like we do other animals here on earth. Perhaps alien families are watching us on some show like the discovery channel. Perhaps we were created by them and are nothing more than an experiment. We can only speculate.

The reasons why you think the aliens are bad is because you think they've done bad things to us? We hurt and kill other animals around us all the time. We eat them for god's sake. We hurt and kill ourselves. If anything, they've watched our horrible behavior and probably think we'd be okay with them doing whatever they want to us since we do it to each other. If what you say about them is true then what makes them any worse than us? I would have a little more faith in an alien race that has probably been around longer than us, than our violent and hateful race.
edit on 20-10-2010 by ShnogTrip because: typos

edit on 20-10-2010 by ShnogTrip because: typos

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws

I do not personally believe that Aliens are good or evil. Fact is, I don't know whether they come from other planets, a parallel universe or dimension, or if new technologies are kept from the populace by the MIC or the petro-chemical new-age robber barons.

I do know that this planet is full of violence and charlatans. You mentioned the Raeliens in Example 6 of of your OP.

Seriously, would you buy a used car from these people? Just saying...

Notice that he is sporting the Star of David (Jewish). They believe the aliens are called the elohim (angels in Hebrew). That's pretty disturbing by itself.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
what if our first contact with extraterrestrial life was the equivalent of some juvenile delinquent kid stealing their parents car and taking a joyride? if it was some immature alien kid they might tell us some misleading information on purpose or give us some useless technology for something of value, much how we traded beads and ponies to the native americans for their land back in the infancy of america. just something to ponder, or maybe not.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Now, the only information we have about aliens is the stuff we've made up really.

Technically there's no proof of their existance, although the math states the probability is that they do.

Using the same math and humans as an example, I would not count out the fact that there is most likely at least ONE peacefull race of aliens in the universe.

I mean come on, to say that all aliens are evil is like saying all muslims are terrorists. It's just not true.

Also I would think that if there were evil aliens here on earth with some weird agenda, why wouln't they just take it over? It's not like we could put up much of a fight. Any alien race with deep space travel capabilities will be thousands or even millions of years ahead of our technology.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above, corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing" Hermes Trismegistus

I think that there are both good and bad Aliens or Angels (good and bad), or whatever
other names man has given these beings through out time. There is supposed to
be a balance however I really don't know much about that because I've never been told
or read anything that mentions that. All I know is that I am not evil and will not let evil
control me Human, Alien or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The assumption of possible aliens being evil probably rules them as being those little lights flying around in the sky

For that matter, if ET life would be truly evil and scavenging / hunting and what not, we can assume that they haven't visited out planet yet; it would make no sense to target individuals or small groups of people. When you want enslave humans you just take as many as you can, same goes for freaky research.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Retro~Burn

That is exactly what i think of the NWO... it is nothing nefarious. It is what any species needs to become to succeed through the universe. Globalization is the key to our future. United we stand divided we fall... Simple as that!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HanyouSpirit

I don't think there is anything we have that they want. It would be like wishing you could live in your pet's fishbowl.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If an alien species that understands gravity and can manipulate it encounters us and is hostile, we are in deep #. For instance, we have a nuclear deterrent, they may have a "throw Earth out of orbit" deterrent.

I hope you're wrong or that we don't encounter any intergalactic species until we ourselves have similar capabilities.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceLordDom
reply to post by HanyouSpirit

I don't think there is anything we have that they want. It would be like wishing you could live in your pet's fishbowl.

Genetically we might not be interesting to an advanced species, but we very well might live on a resource rich planet compared to other planets, and this would mean that we would have something they wanted. What are most wars fought over? If a species investigated Earth and decided it was worth strip mining our planet, we'd be like the natives of any country imperialism overtook to obtain their natural resources.

Evidence of what I am talking about: Afghanistan:
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 31-10-2010 by sremmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I agree with the OP.

Whatever or whomever they are they are not here in OUR best interest and lurk in the shadows. There is NOTHING that insinuates they are GOOD or the loving star brothers crap we hear from new agers and snake oil salesman like Stephen Greer. The PTB role seems to concur with the reality of a indifferent or sinister presence of these visitors. Or maybe they are not visitors rather facilitators of our history and very species as we are the lesser counter parts. Maybe they feed on our negative energy? The grays seem to get off on terrifying people. If they have to go to such lengths to place false memories and memory blocks then the agenda becomes clear they are not our friends. If the truth is that disturbing to where the PTB need to cover it up at all costs for over 60 years then that says they are bad news. I just do not see the entire Military and Governments around the world covering it up all out of greed and evil intent. That would say that the controllers are all bad people and i just do not see that being the case realistically. There is probably a good reason why the cover up continues is that the truth is very disturbing.

I often hear the excuse that these alleged "good aliens" cant interfere with our progress and it is a law of some galactic code. Well if that is the case it is politics as usual with ET and they are no different than us and our counter productive political structures. I have NEVER seen any shred proof of these good aliens besides hippie lingo and Alex Collier claims ect.

Nothing against Collier but he could be a shill for all we know and is under control with the malevolent aliens all along. Perhaps the PTB is using the good et propaganda as damage control. I have to go by the big picture and that picture does not have such loving aliens from Andromeda and other places. These craft playing cat and mouse with our best planes sometimes downing our planes. The abduction reports show a brain washing agenda that is meant to use the subject for genetic means and break them mentally to enable their own tormentors. I have seen a trend in the new ager disinfo circle. They could be abductees that have been brainwashed by the Grays to make us vulnerable. A Trojan horse.

edit on 1-11-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Umm I find this nonsensical. My skepticism of alien abduction claims asside, lets forego that, and for the sake of debate in this thread lets , for the sake of argument, assume that aliens are real and that alien abductions are indeed, real.

Even by those standards, this is ridiculous. Your trying to infer, that since the aliens appear to behave in a malevolent manner, that they must be demons? This is nonsense, as if the only way someone could do something malevolent is if they were a demon? Look at all the nasty things that human beings have done to each other all throughout history. No demons needed.

Given that humans are capable of evil by itself, why then, would any ET civilization necessarily be less capable of evil? If said aliens were indeed malevolence, whats not to say they are malevolent by their own nature, the same way in that which humans are capable of evil?

3rdly, you and other christian fundamentalists keep trying to impose this homocentric world view, wherein exists only angels, demons, humans, Earth, heaven and hell. Why do you do this? My hypothesis has long been that religious fundies do this because the idea of extra-terrestrials is so contrary to the christian idea of a man-centered creation wherein humans are the greatest of gods creations, created in his image as it would be. So the idea of aliens doesnt bode well for abrahamic religions, so you fight it.

Religionh has fought certain things as long as history has gone on.

From the earth being flat, to that the earth orbitted the sun, to evolution, every new paradigm changing idea religion has fought.

While I dont believe in alien abuctions or such things, we ARE infact drawing closer to the day wherein we will know we are not alone in the universe, and I have no doubt the religious fundamentalists will fight it tooth and nail.

Within a few thousand years the bible will b discussed not as a test central to the tenents of religion, but as a set of myths liken to how we discuss the greek myths now.

In classical greece, what we call myths, was their religion. Christianity and indeed all religions will eventually meet the same fate. Old religions die, new ones come up, the cycle continues.

edit on 1-11-2010 by NavalFC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I have to point out something about the idea of "lying." Gods, angels, demons - these are our words. We simply, throughout the ages, have interpreted things in our own way. The "gods" left here a long time ago, and we've been clutching at straws ever since. But, they will be back. I'm over-simplifying things, of course, but there is no reason to think that the term god and the term alien are mutually exclusive.

As to the alleged kidnapping, well, it still does not even compare to the disgusting and horrifying way we treat our animals in labs and battery farms. So, who is evil?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join