It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Symposium Marks 50-Year-Search for Signs of Life in Universe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
World-renowned scientists will come together and address past, present, and future activities in the search for signs of life in the universe. The event will take place on Thursday, Oct. 14, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Lockheed Martin Global Vision Center in Crystal City, Va. NASA Television's Education channel and the agency's web site will provide live coverage via a Lockheed Martin Webcast. I believe during this meeting they will disclose the fact that we are not alone and that the secret of life elsewhere has been kept from the public for ex number of years.

The link to the upcoming meeting can be found here

edit on 7-10-2010 by jganer because: spelling

edit on 7-10-2010 by jganer because: added information

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jganer

Thanks for the heads up on that.
With all the wild speculation that's been going on, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jganer

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
From the agenda for the symposium

Today NASA’s Astrobiology Program addresses three fundamental questions: How does life begin and evolve? Is there life beyond Earth and, if so, how can we detect it? What is the future of life on Earth and in the universe? In striving to answer these questions and improve understanding of biological, planetary and cosmic phenomena and relationships among them, experts in a range of relevant disciplines are participating in astrobiology research and helping to advance the enterprise of space exploration.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jganer

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
From the agenda for the symposium

Today NASA’s Astrobiology Program addresses three fundamental questions: How does life begin and evolve? Is there life beyond Earth and, if so, how can we detect it? What is the future of life on Earth and in the universe? In striving to answer these questions and improve understanding of biological, planetary and cosmic phenomena and relationships among them, experts in a range of relevant disciplines are participating in astrobiology research and helping to advance the enterprise of space exploration.

www.nasa.gov...

you are very quickly becoming a joke phage

how is this not interesting?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadpoolPete

I'm glad you find me entertaining but who said it's not interesting? At least I found it interesting enough to find out more about it.

This is what I was replying to:

I believe during this meeting they will disclose the fact that we are not alone and that the secret of life elsewhere has been kept from the public for ex number of years.

Don't hold your breath if that what you're expecting too.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DeadpoolPete

I'm glad you find me entertaining but who said it's not interesting? At least I found it interesting enough to find out more about it.

This is what I was replying to:

I believe during this meeting they will disclose the fact that we are not alone and that the secret of life elsewhere has been kept from the public for ex number of years.

Don't hold your breath if that what you're expecting too.

my apologies i misunderstood what you were replying to

as you were...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jganer

Fascinating. Thankyou for the news. Check my recent threads if you are interested in the other recent news surrounding the topic.

Its quite clear to us all that the topic of space is finally being given its due. What can be more fascinating than other worlds or possibly other life, to put all our trials and tribulations into perspective as occuring only this small speck we "mites" call earth.

As Carl Sagan once said, "Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people."

new topics

top topics

join