It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government agents tear down "slanderous materials"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Government agents tear down "slanderous materials

artvoice.com

Of the Allen Street raid on the posters by military personnel, Buckley said, “It’s another sign that we are scarily approaching living in a fascist state…[they] came in full uniform and ripped down only the posters for our anti-imperialism rally. If that’s not fascism, I don’t know what is.”

Read more: artvoice.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-10-2010 by Skerrako because: Gammatical error

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This did not happen in some far away city, this happened in my city of Buffalo, at a very popular college and young professional bar and business street. The second or third most popular college-age spot in the city. Maybe some signs were bad (I hadn't personally seen them) but they did not say what governmental agency they were from and calls to army bases, national guard and the FBI returned no results.

I broke my lurking of 5 years for this.

artvoice.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Whatever happened to freedom?

Of expression, of politics, of everything?

This is an abomination and if I lived there I would be protesting in some way.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If the felt that strongly about what they were doing they would slam some more on the wall!

"Free" is something we are not... You are confined into one city / town / village and are monitored when you move to the next with "passports".

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
To be quite honest, this blog doesn't provide me with enough information to base any opinion on.

Last Wednesday (September 22), several business owners along Allen Street watched as a number of men—maybe four, they weren’t precisely sure of the count—in camouflage military fatigues exited a van with government license plates and fanned out across the street, pulling down posters from lampposts and telephone poles. A patron at the Old Pink came outside to ask what they were doing. They responded that they were removing “slanderous material.” They left the myriad band posters and advertisements poetry readings, plays, and yoga classes alone.

Vans with government plates does not automatically mean military. Neither does men wearing "fatigues". In all honesty this could have been a county employee, using his work vehicle and a few of his hunting buddies making their own statement about the peace movement.

And, forgive me, but reading words that say "A patron at the old pink" being sourced for a two word quote, allowing the blogger to color in the rest of the story is highly misleading.

A revolutionary sentiment, to be sure, though hardly groundbreaking and certainly not slanderous. Calls to the local National Guard outposts went unreturned. Peter Spadora, a spokesman for the US Army located in Syracuse, said on Tuesday that he’d been “given the impression” by the local brass that US Army personnel were not responsible for tearing down the posters. On Wednesday he said that the US Army was continuing to look into the matter.

Again, a full statement built around a three word quote. How do we know what the actual context of those three words was?

This, IMO, is propaganda and little more.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Hello Skerrako. Nice of you to come out of the shadows to bring us this story. Think you'll be posting often now that you made an ATS account?

Where did this happen? From the last story on the link about Simpson, I'm assuming Buffalo, NY? All I'm seeing is Allen Street. Do you have any other confirmation that this story is true other than the article you linked? Wow oh wow if this turns out to be true!

Although I believe with some amount of certainty of a shadow government, NWO movement, and FEMA / Martial Law... it scares the s# out of me to think it may happen soon.

Your second link, I don't know much about Albert Pike or his writings. Just "hear" people arguing of his validity of exposing Illuminati... never checked it out myself. So I'll speak on speculation only. Do you have any idea what year that letter first surfaced? If it was before 9/11, I will be actually quite shocked and have to research some things. Are you equating the Allen Street events with domestic signs of WWIII?

All of this speculation of cataclysmic events.., all of these feelings of doom and gloom.... it's a dam shame we as a people can't get along with nature or ourselves! From the way some people talk, almost seems like many people want this to happen. Personally I enjoy my hot showers, my air conditioning in the summer, and being able to come and go as I please. I don't want to see family members rounded up, killed, or starving to death. I don't know why people are holding their breath waiting for it to happen. Our thoughts are creative, the more people worry, speculate, and talk about it, the higher the possibility our collective minds will make it come true. What's wrong with Love, Unity, and Peace. Such a shame though... really is.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Stranger and stranger. First of all ,why send military personel? Why not off duty police officers or county court officials, or some other agent in a suit for that matter? Using military personel for this task seems a total waste of thier skills.
Second, if just four or five of these men in military garb were able to remove all the posters, then A) there cant have been more than a hundred or so and therefore B) this meeting, this rally cant possibly have been of the sort of size that you would expect a government, or a city or state council to be that bothered about.
I think that theres something fishy about that. Im going to hypothesise... bare with me :

I dont think this has the hallmarks of a government sanctioned enterprise .Its small time, wasteful, and in the long run ineffective.I think that this is perhaps a local matter. Someone heard about the rally , someone with a government vehicle and a twisted sense of what political freedom is, and decided to go find some friends, and put the jackboots down in the name of the stars and stripes? Perhaps they thought it would be an idea to dress military style to throw people off thier trail, and to make intervention less likely (last thing you expect your average joe to do, is mess with a dude in fatigues. I mean, yeah joe average is likely thicker than lead, but no ones THAT dumb right?)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
That's really weird. I live 20 minutes from Allen Street. Wonder what they were? I hope the signs were plastered back up asap.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Nice fairytale... Lack of valid evidence... Unsubstantiated claims .. Pathetic attempt at fearmongering..

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

ROBUTTS!!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Ripping-down FREEDOM SPEECH!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Whatever happened to freedom?

Of expression, of politics, of everything?

This is an abomination and if I lived there I would be protesting in some way.

Unfortunately, freedom of speech and expression is becoming suppressed by the globalist U.S. government.

They are becoming like Nazi Germany and Communist China. Those two countries were and (the latter) beta testing grounds for the one world order, which will be a one world fascist government under the elite.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Hello and thank you. Yes I feel as if you will be seeing much more of me in the future as things begin to move forward.

The article was written in a Buffalo newspaper called artvoice, one of the most read here. It generally focuses on Lifestyle and the Arts in the city. It is the third or fouth most read news paper here. This article is most definitely true, I have seen the places where the posters were torn down and the area seemed a bit "muted" from it's normal robust self. Albert Pikes' letter was discovered in 1910 (and see how smoothly the events have unfolded from there www.libertyforlife.com...).

FOR ALL: I was taken aback by being called a fear-mongerer! I used that word to describe the (brilliantly controlled) media in America! Intimidating men in army gear and government vans go into a neighbor and rip down signs from peoples' property and I am the one being called a fear-mongerer? This will soon be happening many places (if it already hasn't) and you will see what this really is: a friendly warning.

To add, I am not a doom and gloom person. I am very VERY level-headed and keep my mind open so I do not get caught up in one point of view. I love my country and I love living life. Most of us know we are headed for very tough times during the next two years, and I consider myself a "watcher on the wall" trying to alert as many people as possible to the impending future. But to do that, I need to gain trust and respect first.

SKERRAKO

top topics

join