It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolchildren who find body in stream then throw stones and take pictures on their phones

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Schoolchildren who find body in stream then throw stones and take pictures on their phones

www.dailymail.co.uk

A group of schoolchildren who discovered a dead body callously took pictures and threw stones at the corpse Robert Wilshire, who is believed to have been murdered, was discovered partially submerged in a stream by a group of youngsters from a local school. They gathered around the body and some of the children took out their mobile phones to take pictures and film the scene. Footage is believed to have been posted on the internet
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Wow..

Our kids have had a very good job done on them by the media, computer games and films to the point that they are desensatized against death, normal sex, their parents selfishness and lack of values that they would desecrate the body of a murder victim..

I fear for the future if this is what will inherit it... Maybe the NWO should depopulate the useless eaters and start again...

This actually made me cry and I dont do crying... I feel bad for that murdered bloke and sorry for the society we have let thrive..

They seem to have no natural affection or fear.. Just as in "the days of noah."

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This reminds me of something that happened in the Bay Area of California when I lived there, a story which was told in the movie Rivers Edge.

That was about thirty years ago though... So kids have been this screwed up for awhile at least.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

One part of me reads this story and says 'my god, I'll be living in a society of nihilist sociopaths by the time i'm 50." then i blame the media, endless wars, and a lack of values.

Then the other part of me thinks back to movies like 'stand by me' and the general fascination of children with dead things (poking them with sticks, bringing their friends to show them) throughout time. this includes humans.

so the hopeful side of me says that this probably would have happened 100 years ago as well. kids are just curious buggers and often meet adult-situations with a surprisingly calm, yet uncollected and inappropriate response. the other side still says the sociopath thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I know kids have poked dead bodies with sticks for years but their reaction so typical for this generation just perpetuates the desensitization by putting this snuff movie online via their phones. Having a good old laugh at a murder victim.. Its kind of demonic

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Our kids have had a very good job done on them by the media, computer games and films

Yes yes...I know..it's the fault of "insert your favourite bogeyman" instead of the people who SHOULD have the most influence over the lives , attitudes and behaviour of their children.

‘Some kids were throwing stones at the body. Some kids were crying.’

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Kids are curious about death. Hell, I'm curious about death, difference is, I am an adult and thus I have the emotional maturity to act appropriately were I to come across a situation such as this.

Some kids cried. Some kids laughed. Some kids took pictures. Sounds kind of like what would happen had a group of adults found the body.

Over blown crap reported by the daily mail to justify their stance that the UK is a # hole that due to: immigrants, kids, benefits and unions.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Stand by me was a film, a comming of age film set in a time where society still had a modecum of values so that their experience would be absorbed and shaped by them. This generation has eroded values with parents whose values are shot too.. We are heading towards a nihlist future and that scares me

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
These kids did what kids do. they mess things up, even in a situation that has common sense written all over it. with every kid having a phone these days they will take pics of anything. they found a dead body, and they messed around with it. Yes its wrong, but again these are immature kids. We all were this age before, and none of us were perfect in our decisions. This is an extreme though, they messed with a corpse which is disgusting. maybe some of them thought it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and took advantage of it.

since they threw rocks at it, and messed around with the crime scene... would these kids be charged with messing with a crime scene?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
We have a long way since the early days of movies, television, and what not. It's now in our normal nature that death is a not big issue as it was decades ago. Life is crazy!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Agreed. I think you should also add "parents" too that list.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The case I am referencing was a pre-Internet manifestation of the same concept, IMO. There are differences, such as the kids in your tale found a body. In the case I am referencing one of the kids actually committed the murder.

Marcy Renee Conrad, 14, was killed on November 3, 1981 in Milpitas, California by 16-year-old Anthony Jacques Broussard. Her body was transported in Broussard's pickup truck into nearby hills and dumped in a ravine.[1] An autopsy confirmed that Marcy had been raped and then murdered by strangulation. After the murder, Broussard invited friends from Milpitas High School to view Marcy's corpse.[1] Reports indicate that Broussard bragged about her death at school, and showed Marcy's body to at least 10 people.[1] After two days, two students finally broke ranks with the others and notified police. When the other Milpitas students were asked why they had not alerted police, they responded that they "did not want to get in trouble."[1] Broussard pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 25 years to life. He was later denied a new trial in 1985,[4] and denied parole in 1996 by a unanimous decision.[5]

Source

Had these kids had the Internet and camera phones back then, they'd certainly have used them.

I lived about half an hour from Milpitas and was fifteen years old when this happened. We were just as screwed up as todays youth and without first person shooters! This happened in the days when Frogger was high tech!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

well everyone knows that frogger is a satanic conspiracy, and that pacman eats souls

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I know they were not equipt to deal with this sight but the first thought to get their cameras out and to desecrate the body is just without words.

So in the future.... and this has happened recently here... in the event of an accident etc, the first reaction is to film it then post the vid on facebook, instead of getting the emergency services or police or even helping themselves. It seem they have been divorced from reality and any social responsbility, lacking compassion which scares me the most.. You cease to be human when you have no compassion to becomming the nihlist vision of perfection..

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

well everyone knows that frogger is a satanic conspiracy, and that pacman eats souls

And Modern Warfare 2 shows you how to massacre people...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
It seem they have been divorced from reality and any social responsbility, lacking compassion which scares me the most.. You cease to be human when you have no compassion to becomming the nihlist vision of perfection..

I think you are forgetting that these were children What they did is not right from an adult perspective but children don't have an adult perspective. An adult would know directly what to do in this situation, a child might not, and might just go along with the others.

Children and responsibility? Seriously? That's an adult's perspective. Children don't have adult perspectives... that's why their children.

As far as compassion, I do think that some of the children in this situation actively exhibited child-like compassion... maybe not adult compassion but child-like compassion.. remember, some were scared just as anyone who knows how children respond would expect:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yeesh...

Tampering with a crime scene, at least... any marks on the body these dumb morons inflicted on the corpse would impede forensics..

just insane.....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Stand By Me would be a whole different story in this generation.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I think you are forgetting that these were What they did is not right from an adult perspective but children don't have an adult perspective.
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

That is bs, they know right from wrong.. Yes some were crying and some were acting with brovado, but some were laughing (maybe nervously) and some just filmed it.. Its the filming part that disturbs me the most and the fact those vids are now on social networking sites with young uns having a laugh over the murder victim, maybe even watched by parents who do not tell them to take it off out of respect for the murder victim.. Those are the undertones that tells me we should worry

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Its the filming part that disturbs me the most

But...that isn't new at all? I remember form my childhood..Faces of Death..some pretty sick videos showing zomg...real death.

We are curious about death. Young people/kids even more so..for them death seems so far away.

Sorry, but the varied reactions shown by the group of kids is entirely normal. Some laughed. Some cried. Some took pictures. Some didn't.

There are sites where you can browse thousands of pictures of dead people, some pretty grotesque stuff, stuff that made it hard for me to sleep ( yep, I'm curious too).

We look at death because we know we will all experience death at some point.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I think you are forgetting that these were children What they did is not right from an adult perspective but children don't have an adult perspective. An adult would know directly what to do in this situation, a child might not, and might just go along with the others.

Children and responsibility? Seriously? That's an adult's perspective. Children don't have adult perspectives... that's why their children.

As far as compassion, I do think that some of the children in this situation actively exhibited child-like compassion... maybe not adult compassion but child-like compassion.. remember, some were scared just as anyone who knows how children respond would expect:

Uh? You know this reminds me of a story in the Bible about children making fun of a bald-headed prophet. From their childish children perspective. Oh, let me look it up. Here it is:

Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of Jehovah. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria. - 2 Kings 2: 23-25.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join