It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain and France may share nuclear deterrent

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Britain and France may share nuclear deterrent

www.independent.co.uk

The possibility of a "shared" UK-French nuclear deterrent is set to be on the agenda of a summit between David Cameron and Nicolas Sarkozy in London this autumn.

A politically explosive proposal for joint Franco-British nuclear-submarine patrols – an idea sunk without trace in the recent past – has been brought back to the surface by the draconian defence cuts in both countries.

Although talks are still at a preliminary stage, officials in Paris say that the idea is one possibility for cost-saving military co-operation which is likely to be discussed by the Prime Minister and t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.onenewspage.co.uk

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think this is good news guys ,anything that cuts down with nuclear weapons.It seems u.k and france might be joining together with their nuclear threat.
Is this the start of the new world order weapon defences.[sorry couldnt resist] or is this just all part of the string purses being tightened.
Is this sending a message to America that the u.k will not drop nukes in joint operations wth the U.S? With france being close to Iran and they were having no part in Iraq.
I would love to hear what you think?.
Is there more to this than the headline?
thanks foryour time guys.
This far from decided at moment,but could interesting in the future.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
A much cheaper option would be (I await my execution for posting this) the European Union having the responsibility for nuclear deterrent and potential use of it. If the Lisbon Treaty created a mutual deference policy then why not give Brussels the authority?

It implemented, the EU would have a nuclear arsenal of near 500 (est.)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
A much cheaper option would be (I await my execution for posting this) the European Union having the responsibility for nuclear deterrent and potential use of it. If the Lisbon Treaty created a mutual deference policy then why not give Brussels the authority?

It implemented, the EU would have a nuclear arsenal of near 500 (est.)

Ah mate
,what did i ever do on you? lol Please dont give them maniacs the nukes,i live in Ireland and we voted no twice to the lisbon treaty. Then they just put it through.
Imaging voting no to something!! and just cause you said no,you have to keep voting till you get a yes vote.
It was the most dodgy vote ever.
Want to know a funny fact,the e.u building has 665 seats and one that is yet to be filled? number 666

crazy or what,lol

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I see this as another step towards federalization of europe.

Britian needs its own stand alone deterant for soverignties sake. I and many others in the UK do not want to be in the EU let alone have foriegners dictating our defense and economic policies..

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Aren’t our nuclear sub patrols already coordinated? I don’t think that this would be as drastic or undesirable as people are making out. The MOD must cut costs wherever they can and I think that our nuclear deterrent is a brilliant place to start.

Many weird and wonderful defence projects have been "ring-fenced" and cutting troop numbers and lowering equipment standards is not what we need in the middle of a war.

I can’t see us nuking anyone any time soon, this move would improve relations with the Frogs and save money better spent on gear that we need NOW. I say do it!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I see this as another step towards federalization of europe.

Britian needs its own stand alone deterant for soverignties sake. I and many others in the UK do not want to be in the EU let alone have foriegners dictating our defense and economic policies..

Im with you all the way there,everything is being given to these clowns in brussels. Von rumpee is a twat

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
Aren’t our nuclear sub patrols already coordinated? I don’t think that this would be as drastic or undesirable as people are making out. The MOD must cut costs wherever they can and I think that our nuclear deterrent is a brilliant place to start.

Many weird and wonderful defence projects have been "ring-fenced" and cutting troop numbers and lowering equipment standards is not what we need in the middle of a war.

I can’t see us nuking anyone any time soon, this move would improve relations with the Frogs and save money better spent on gear that we need NOW. I say do it!

Its far from decided but they probably will in the future.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is bad news as far as I'm concerned if I had to choose to nuke anyone in the world it would be the French
Now that option is being taken away from me

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
This is bad news as far as I'm concerned if I had to choose to nuke anyone in the world it would be the French
Now that option is being taken away from me

No comment
, haha policital correctness gone out the window.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is probably one of the most stupid articles I've ever written. What happens when there's a conflict between the 2 and you have all these nukes in play?

Don't act like it's impossible to happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
This is probably one of the most stupid articles I've ever written. What happens when there's a conflict between the 2 and you have all these nukes in play?

Did you write the article ?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c

Obviously not, but I still have an opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Monde Due. No no no. We do not want to share our Nukes with anyone, never mind our military. This Government are traitors to our Brave men and women whom have fought, while under resourced, under paid, whom live in accomodation fit for pigs in a sty. Mind you the previous Government was just as bad.

What annoys one. Why not ring fence Defence and cut overseas aid? Charity should begin at home, not countries where thier government are as corrupt as our own.

Now the government want to share all our military hardware, cut the manpower, and hand more powers over to brussles.

One word to say on this NO. End of Story.

We have been a independant country, we fought off the Nazis. We should remain an Independant country. Nice way of Grmany finally beating us eh, through using powers in the EU.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Laurauk because: Fixing Spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Im after losing you there mate,you said it was the most stupid article you have ever written.
how is this obvious?? you dont have your name up ats!! .I was only asking you a question.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Im after losing you there mate,you said it was the most stupid article you have ever written.
how is this obvious?? you dont have your name up ats!! .I was only asking you a question.

ohh sorry, i didn't see i wrote that i "wrote" it lmao. i meant to say "read"

edit on 30-9-2010 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Monde Due. No no no. We do not want to share our Nukes with anyone, never mind our military. This Government are traitors to our Brave men and women whom have fought, while under resourced, under paid, whom live in accomodation fit for pigs in a sty. Mind you the previous Government was just as bad.

What annoys one. Why not ring fence Defence and cut overseas aid? Charity should begin at home, not countries where thier government are as corrupt as our own.

Now the government want to share all our military hardware, cut the manpower, and hand more powers over to brussles.

One word to say on this NO. End of Story.

We have been a independant country, we fought off the Nazis. We should remain an Independant country. Nice way of Grmany finally beating us eh, through using powers in the EU.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Laurauk because: Fixing Spelling

Heya Laura,thanks for the reply mate
,I think the u.k should stay away from Europe ,i agree its stupid pumping money into other countries while people at home need help. These elites thinking they own all the wealth and they think they can just throw it out. England had the stongest currency by far not to long ago.It should of stayed that way in my opinion.
They are probably trying to bring it to a even kiel with europe.Then hey might try the old euro trick,the pound should never go!!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

No bother buddy ,i bet you dont do it as much as me.
your dead right,they could argue and fall out

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I personally think as a brit....that we should continue to have our own nuclear deterants. We are already fed new laws from europe without our consent!!

We are a sovereign country....we are losing this day by day!!
We have stayed out of europe, and good riddance, if we had joined up and took on the euro we would be in the same position as greece and spain right now.

Why do we need someone else telling us how to use our weapons?? I dont think our government is stupid enough to start a nuclear war for no reason....i dont think they will use the full stop.

What happens if we get attacked?? do we have to ask permission to use some of our weapons??? we have 225 operational warheads ( some say 165 ) some that can travel 8000 miles.....why oh why do we need someone else to look after them and tell us when they think we can use them????

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I personally think as a brit....that we should continue to have our own nuclear deterants. We are already fed new laws from europe without our consent!!

We are a sovereign country....we are losing this day by day!!
We have stayed out of europe, and good riddance, if we had joined up and took on the euro we would be in the same position as greece and spain right now.

Why do we need someone else telling us how to use our weapons?? I dont think our government is stupid enough to start a nuclear war for no reason....i dont think they will use the full stop.

What happens if we get attacked?? do we have to ask permission to use some of our weapons??? we have 225 operational warheads ( some say 165 ) some that can travel 8000 miles.....why oh why do we need someone else to look after them and tell us when they think we can use them????

couldnt agree more my friend. Its a disgrace all of us being rail roaded with these european laws. Ill say it again
von rumpee you twat
thanks for the reply

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join