It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking may be right about marauding space aliens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This looks like a really flimsy attempt to instill doubt or fear into the believers. Simple logic tells you that no civilizations advanced enough to travel through space would be stupid enough to kill their home planet. Only way that could happen is if an evil group or entity that are even more powerful than they are conquered and destroyed them. But then if that was the case, then we'd have been destroyed already.

P.S This new layout sucks. I used to be able to find the top topics on the side, now I can't even find them, and have to click on the links at the top. A very fine example of fanciness trumping practicality.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm staring to get tired of this all Aliens are evil /bloodsucking / Borg . or Incandescent Avatars / of advanced goodness

I'm going with if they are flesh and blood like us then they are sometimes god sometimes bad in the same entity like us

I'm also with the poster who said that dead planets have resources too.
also if the ancient stories are true they have been here before and didn't destroy us then

so I'm not not going with a take our resources and destroy us scenario .that mindset seems to be the exclusive domain of MultiNational Corporations I can't apply to any possible ETs until I ve heard their story.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm going to have to strongly disagree with this. If someone was lacking in resources how would they be able to afford to pull that kind of stuff off? Think about it were cutting space funding right now!!! I always felt like he was saying that they would be so far advanced that we would have no IDEA about the repercussion of disclosure on the psyche of these little mortals that think they are so important. However, I believe that our brothers would have an understanding of the impact of that.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
also if the ancient stories are true they have been here before and didn't destroy us then

Well the ancient stories I have seen do indeed say war and destruction...

The Sumerian stories of Tiamat
The Indian Vedic scriptures
The Bible where God ( a true ET) wipes out Sodom and Gomorah with a Nuke and floods the planet

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
He could be right, but by the time they get here, we would have made double sure Earth is totaly useless for much, so they'll either just see a huge dustbin resembling the worlds they desecrated & turn around, or our toxic atmosphere will kill them on entry

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I really think that Stephen Hawking has it wrong here. The man is absolutley brilliant, but that same genius interferes with the ability to understand social structure. How could a race of beings that are violent and bent on domination and conquest possibly master the complex sciences of interstellar travel? They haven't even mastered themselves yet! Planet hopping is, in my opinion, reserved for races that have risen above whatever petty differences existed on their world, and bonded together as a whole. In-fighting would prevent any real development in the field of space-travel, as every faction would be witholding information, while at the same time trying to undermine every other faction on the planet. Want an example? Look right here at home...we landed on the moon forty years ago. Four decades ago, we had the technology to not only send people into space, but to have them walk on an alien world. If technology doubles in efficiency and halfs in price every year or so (and yes, I count this as a technological field), then we should be far FAR more advanced then we are. Instead, we pool our resources into building bigger and better weapons, with which we will ultimatley "control" the planet...so short sighted. Only human arrogance demands that Aliens be bent on conquering our world, because it's something we can see ourselves doing. We project our flaws onto as-of-yet unseen being, because "we are the greatest creation in the known universe". We are the incredible race of mankind...surely any other sentient species would mirror us.

As to why they would come...who knows. The possibilities are literally endless, due to the lack of available information. There are far to many variables to make an accurate prediction. Perhaps, as some believe, we are actually part of some grand alien colonization project, and they stick around to monitor our progress as a race. Perhaps they are looking for resources and bodies, but their goal is inclusion, not enslavement (we need Gold...take a starship). Or maybe they are simply studying us, as we study the animal life kept in zoos all around the world..."hey, look here! The monkeys on earth...they're developing rapidly! Fascinating!"

Whatever their purpose, I see no rational reason to fear alien contact. Either they are going to show us things that make our heads explode, and take us places that we never dreamed could be possible, or they are going to vaporize us. Either way, fear won't change the inevitable.

GtkP

edit on 1-10-2010 by Guido the Killer Pimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Doubt it.... God forbid we should learn something completely eye-opening or something thats more advanced then what the elite can produce... This is a scare tactic, and we shouldnt be falling for it.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
In reflecting upon this a thought crossed my mind...

With the war on terror losing headway and public support, what if TPTB could convince us all of an Osama Bin Laden from space? Hostile aliens, with an agenda coming to get us at some point. A global survival threat that could never really be proven or disproven...

How much black budget spending could special interests and the military industrial complex milk out of that cash cow?

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Why Stephen Hawking—and everyone else—is wrong about alien threats

Stupidity kills but not fast enough.

Aliens are not the problem here.

Most of the disclosed event were made by the "army" itself

Simulacra, Simulation, False Flag, Mass and Elite Manipulation

edit on 1-10-2010 by psychederic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Kind of fits in with the whole Project Blubeam stuff some people talk about. Regardless of whther the enemy actually exist the threat is enough to make money and take away liberties.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Hawking has been compromised. It does not seem like he is himself at this point.

I would not take his word at face value.

I firmly believe this to be true. I would find it hard to believe that TPTB did not already get to him with a "This is what you want to say, and this is what you should say" advice to him.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
or.. we are the resources..

meat. slaves, whatever

guess we should start breeding animals to feed them lol

"don't eat us, eat these delicious hamburgers"

Mcdonalds will save us all

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
You guys imagine this: If Nazi German had won the WWII and maganed to maintain the power from some hundred years, enough time to master space travelling technology. If they encouter other races would they destroy them because they were inferior species? Why could not exist races that are advanced and at the same time have a type of thinking like Nazi German. A race that destroy other races because they think that they are inferior.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
oK to all of you wondering why aliens are here exploiting earth the way they do !

We are all part of a Massive real time Inter solar system role playing game , yes I said it ,
we are part of a game created by aliens out of boredom , they use earth as a game engine to play out an alternative reality to their mundane boring lives , because they have mastered the sciences they developed us for fun

each alien race controls a different government or guild . china , russia , america , all the major players are controlled by another alien race and they battle it out for dominance of earth so they can get the earth dominance achievement.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Caetano

Ding Ding Ding. I totally agree with this. Why assume that technology = peace?

When in our history has this ever proven itself to be the case. Even interstellar space travel. Who says they don't have 2 nations on their home planet out having a cold war in space, colonizing and fighting for resources. Some of the best technological advancement happens during long periods of war.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
or.. we are the resources..

meat. slaves, whatever

I was discussing this on another thread, we would probably be forced to join their armies as cannon fodder.
We are primitive but our adaptability is incredible and we all take it for granted.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
oK to all of you wondering why aliens are here exploiting earth the way they do !

We are all part of a Massive real time Inter solar system role playing game , yes I said it ,
we are part of a game created by aliens out of boredom , they use earth as a game engine to play out an alternative reality to their mundane boring lives , because they have mastered the sciences they developed us for fun

each alien race controls a different government or guild . china , russia , america , all the major players are controlled by another alien race and they battle it out for dominance of earth so they can get the earth dominance achievement.

Wow, way to whittle down the whole of human achievement to nothing more than the random activities of a bunch of NPCs!

You'd think that ET would have his own version of an Xbox and wouldn't need to play video games on a galactic scale. There's no motive or profit in it.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

we arent virtual reality we are organic humanoids created by aliens for the sole purpose of entertainment .
Human achievement would pale in comparison to an advanced alien civilisation.

There is no profit in it , because the alien races dont need profit , they have no use for monetary systems

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Stephen Hawking is demonically possessed and speaks nothing but death...distraction and deception are the tools of his trade.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Rollo because: speeeling

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think it's highly unlikely that a species that has existed for (probably) hundreds of thousands of years would still need natural, non-renewable resources for space exploration. It doesn't make sense.

Though, if they're anything like humans, common sense gets thrown out the window in regards to new discoveries of land and resources. So, it's totally plausible that they want our corn for decorative bedding. Or our coal for ritual sacrifice.

But, any species that has made the jump to space would more than likely resolved most conflicts on their own planet, or else they wouldn't be focusing on space exploration. Remember, humans are in their infancy in regards to space exploration. We still have war and fight over resources. The majority of our planet could care less about exploring space. They're too engaged in meeting their own needs to worry about trifle things such as this. Only a handful or nations have space programs. And those programs see only a fraction of budget appropriations. To engage a meaningful space exploration program such as one that would travel to new worlds, it take a major restructuring of society values.

I would think that any species that has made the jump from their own solar system to another has most likely developed a form of zero point energy. Meaning, it wouldn't require a "natural" resource for fuel. Also, it's likely that they've developed some sort of agricultural program for people on these deep space mission to renew their own food sources. Or else they'd never make it to a habitable planet that's 10,000 light years away if they had to stop every other year to renew their food source.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join