It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking may be right about marauding space aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I don't think we should avoid them but we would need to be very careful in our interactions and prepare for the worst case scenario

Hitler is a bad example because his military genius was clearly not that clever as he lost the war because of several military and also political blunders, (the game is to win not lose) the best public speaker yes, best tactician no.

also propaganda has been used in warfare for ever look it up

edit on 30-9-2010 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I believe gold is a substance you cannot recreate out of the goodness of the universe. Im sure that plenty other materials might be on the same basis. Rare.

Let's not fourget anyone that there is plenty of evidence in the past and in the present of circumstancial presence by unexplained (by us) phenomenons. It's not that hard to believe that the pyramids would have been built by a space race, or that certain gods of the ancient times were in fact visitors from a neighbouring galaxy

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The demonization of aliens is a 50 year old plan. based on the use of war for profit
Do not fall for it.

This is from Werner Von Braun's death bed speech in the late 70's from THIS PAGE

What was most interesting to me was a repetitive sentence that he said to me over and over again during the approximately four years that I had the opportunity to work with him. He said the strategy that was being used to educate the public and decision makers was to use scare tactics That was how we identify an enemy. The strategy that Wernher Von Braun taught me was that first the Russians are going to be considered to be the enemy. In fact, in 1974, they were the enemy, the identified enemy. We were told that they had "killer satellites". We were told that they were coming to get us and control us-that they were "Commies."

Then terrorists would be identified, and that was soon to follow. We heard a lot about terrorism. Then we were going to identify third-world country "crazies." We now call them Nations of Concern. But he said that would be the third enemy against whom we would build space-based weapons.
The next enemy was asteroids. Now, at this point he kind of chuckled the first time he said it.

Asteroids- against asteroids we are going to build space-based weapons.

And the funniest one of all was what he called aliens, extraterrestrials. That would be the final scare. And over and over and over during the four years that I knew him and was giving speeches for him, he would bring up that last card. "And remember Carol, the last card is the alien card. We are going to have to build space-based weapons against aliens and all of it is a lie."

Compare his warning to his fellow Dr Robert Oppenhiemer's warning about mind control being a greater threat than atomic warfare from the Journal of The Atomic Scientists in 1955 from THIS PAGE

"In the last ten years physicists have been extraordinarily noisy about the immense powers, largely through their efforts, but through other efforts as well have come into the possession of man, powers notably and strikingly for very large scale and dreadful destruction. We have spoken of our responsibilities and our obligations to society in terms that sound very provincial, because the psychologist can hardly do anything without realizing that for him the acquisition of knowledge opens up the most terrifying prospects of controlling what people do and how they feel. This is true for all of you who are engaged in practice, and as the corpus of psychology gains in certitude and subtlety and skill. I can see that the physicists pleas that what he discovers be used with humanity and be used wisely will seem trivial compared to those pleas which you will have to make and for which you will be responsible."

Do not fall for the lies... a supposed tangiable enemy is necessary for any mass movement, (Quoting Eric Hoffer) even the New World Order's...

edit on 30-9-2010 by seataka because: Thanks for reading this, please pass it on...Aliens are NOT evil, they are the last gasp boogeyman of the NWO

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KpxMarMoTT

you can change one element into another lead to gold and the like

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If you want justice, seek the truth, if you want the truth, follow the money

Also See Slayer69 thread with links to Smedley Butler re War is a racket.
and to the OP, I consider this thread and it's title to be disinformation.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We can only base our views on what constitutes an intelligent curious speicies on what we know currently.

What we know currently is that aggression and resources play an important part of what has driven human intelligence, coupled with the NEED to collarborate for survival.

The need for collaboration doesn't necessarily mean peacefulness.

We have resources - this is true.

The main rare / sparse resource we have is being missed by everyone here. What we have is a biosphere. A habitable biosphere.

A commodity with a value which far surpasses any else.

As to the space weapons - I happen to agree that agencies are using those ideas to promote space weapons.

The fact is that weaponization is pretty much certain. Who is doing it and why - that's up for grabs.

All space based weapons systems have a small chance of hitting their targets - missles, asteroids, whatever.

What they do not have a small chance of hitting is transports leaving Earth's atmosphere, and stable land based targets. Those would be easy to hit, and there is lots of reasons to want to have those capacities.

Controlling who gets in and out of the atmosphere, and therefore who has access to the resources of this system would be a prize of unimagineable magnitude. Being able to take out cities, installations, and other land based targets without easy or fast reprisal gives you final veto on most matters.

I don't expect to stop weaponization.

But I do want to make sure that there are enough parties in on the construction and control of it to make it very difficult to have a monopoly. And I want my government to be one of those parties.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

The whole using us as slaves really doesn't make sense to me, surely a civilization so advanced as to be able to travel among the stars would have the capabilities of making robots that are more productive then us humans.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maybe those species should be afraid of us! We sit here and say oh "bad aliens" and yet what do you think they think of us?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Maybe those species should be afraid of us! We sit here and say oh "bad aliens" and yet what do you think they think of us?

Something along the line of "Not too bright"

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

edit on 30-9-2010 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Funny thing is what do humans do aswell.
2nd

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

the enegry required to travel that distance and sustain any sizable population would mean that they were a type 3/4 civilization.

in other words they wouldn't have resource problems

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
you should have said stephen hawking has agreed with what others have been saying for years ...
he is a bit late to the party .....

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
Stephen Hawking may well be right.... They maybe dangerous scavengers, who would attack us, but more importantly, if they were just a peace loving race, what the hell would they feel like when they saw us??...

They'd look down and this is what they'd see -

Starving millions in Africa, whilst there are Billionaires all over the planet.
They would see;
Miles and miles of tarmac, with polluting 'craft' travelling all over them.
Acres upon acres of beautiful jungle and forest destroyed by us.
Polluted rivers
Child Abuse
Rape an Murder
Banking and Governmental corruption
Tortured animals for vivisection
Cruel and uncaring treatment of farm animals
Animals kept on horrendous farms for fur
Beautiful creatures hunted and shot for trophies
Nuclear Warheads
Chemical warfare
Ethic Cleansing
Greed, Hatred and Anger
etc etc...

What would you do if you found a species like this??? Destroy it or befriend it???

I know what I'd do.....

ignore it...put a box around it, and not let them come out to play until they sorted their mess out or died trying.

extreme black or white is rarely the option...if you seen your neighbor had a crappy lawn, would you become his best friend or murder him?

thats what your asking...how about simply asking him to sort the lawn out..or mind your own business.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KpxMarMoTT
reply to post by Hefficide

I believe gold is a substance you cannot recreate out of the goodness of the universe. Im sure that plenty other materials might be on the same basis.

The origin of gold, like every other element heavier than iron, is from the explosion of a Super Nova.

On the other hand, it's not true that gold cannot be created from other elements, because it can be created using nuclear reactions and a relatively common isotope of mercury as a starting point.

So...they can come here, enslave the people and make us dig up our trace amounts of gold on earth...after many of us and them die in the endless civil uprisings against them, they leave with a few thousand tons of the stuff...

or simply go to the nearest supernova and grab some planetary sized nuggets with no opposition.

or simply creat it themselves...decisions decisions.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

hmm...lets see

we blow each other up based on what we think invisible friends want us to do
we kill people for bits of inked tree bark
we feast in some areas and starve in other areas
our history is a endless process of moving into a new area, killing the native people, destroying the environment, and then demanding it was our land all along
almost half the people here believe that if there are aliens out there, they are demons that need slaying
we put people up to lead us, then fit them for a noose for trying to lead us.
etc

ya, aliens are the evil ones...we are perfect

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The intellectual problem I see with these debates is they always seem to treat aliens as one thing. Us with them or us vs them. What if, hyptothetically, there are 20 alien civilzations in our part of the galaxy. Should we presume all 20 have the same goals, interests in resources, etc as each other? We can speculate, but I think we should consider both sides of the arugments could equally be true.

Personally I'd be more concerned with a civilization 300 years advanced than us than one a million years advanced. If we found a resonable way to explore within 30ly of earth in the next 100 years, does anyone really think *we* would be seen as benevolant interlopers or do you realize we probably would attempt to colonize worlds we could regardless if basic or advanced life already existed there...

edit on 30-9-2010 by Zaphod because: Typo

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
and to the OP, I consider this thread and it's title to be disinformation.

You are aware that ATS policy REQUIRES us to us the original title of the article used? Don't shoot the OP

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Hawking has been compromised. It does not seem like he is himself at this point.
I would not take his word at face value.

That is the typical skeptobunker response when someone in a high position changes his tune to say things NOT acceptable to the skeptic ears... Suddenly the person is no longer himself, or is old, or is now a nut case..

You guys are your own worst enemy.

:shk:

edit on 30-9-2010 by zorgon because: No way I will tell

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
To be honest - I think that if WE were to find life on another planet, we would (if we could) go there. Without doubt! Possibly accidentally extinct it via some misunderstanding of their 'life' and then wallow in self pity about being alone again.

The fundamental nature of humans can be very destructive. However, I think even the powers that be would intend for people to nurture found life rather than seek to destroy it. As an analogy of principle.. the people who buy a puppy with the intent to kill it are few and far between. The majority of us nurture that which we consider to be 'below' us. Nurturing in a way that fits in with the way we think things should be.

I think we as humans are more than capable of acknowledging the rights of something to survive.. lets hope any visitors are emotionally developed enough to think the same thing..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join