It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 80-year-old victim of thugs' fatal trap: 'Bullied' woman dies after falling into manhole

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The 80-year-old victim of thugs' fatal trap: 'Bullied' woman dies after falling into manhole

www.dailymail.co.uk

An 80-year-old woman died after sick yobs removed a manhole cover from her driveway and she plunged into the hole in darkness. market stall selling jewellery, had been plagued by a gang of youths who smashed the windows of her home and taunted her for several months The thugs' campaign of harassment eventually ended in tragedy when the pensioner returned home and fell into pensioner returned home and fell into the trap late one night Her cries for help went unheard for three hours until she was e
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24/9/2010 by Mirthful Me because: Title...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Another day another headline proving how far we have fell in this country.. This is too shocking for words.. It is also proof that we are a country of p@ssies who are scared of our own kids.. This is the fault of liberal government who over the years have created a pass the buck generation with no sense of honour and responsability..

Bring back the iron fist.. Fear can work both ways..

Nauseated

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24/9/2010 by Mirthful Me because: Title...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

This is absolutely sickening.

Too many young males are bored, idle, and looking to make mischief.

I absolutely blame governments for this type of sick occurrence.

Governments should be involving young people in jobs and/or activities.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

It is not just males. Females can be just as bad, in fact, females often come up with the idea then sit backand enjoy the show.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Once againthe police did not do enough to protect this woman, absolutely digusting and shocking. Something needs to be done with these youth yobs who go around doing this to people.

Oh tye regulary patrol the area, I will take that statement with a pinch off salt. The exact same thing happened withtha mother who took her own life and her daughters as a result of the anti social behaviour of youths. And the Police did not do anything about that either. Bloody shocking.

I do hope they are incited once again inthis dreadfull case.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Not just governments but waste of space parents need to get control of their broods and put the fear of God into them.. But they are probably too strung out on drugs or booze to give a crap with money provided by tax payers... Its going to take something very drastic to change this around. They need fear as motivation..

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

This wouldn't happen if you had the second amendment rights that we do in the US.

One yob shot in the head and this malarke would stop as cold as that yobs worthless heart.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

You are right.. There are indeed some wicked young girls out their too...

I think the birch should be bought back. A public flogging with the pain and humiliation may make them think twice.. Their parents too

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I read a lot of this on other news sites and a lot here on ATS. My question is a simple one, how come the other adults don't come out and stop these punks? If I saw something like this in my neighborhood I would get some of my friends and crack some skulls. Ok theres 15 punks, get 20 to 25 adults. Why does everyone just let this happen?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Most of these kids don't feel they have any future. What jobs will be available when they come of age? They see the decay and moral decrepitude of society and throw it back in our faces. These kids are messed up for reasons is what I mean to say.
This does not excuse their behaviors however. Where are the parents? These children obviously lack discipline and they have been failed by both their parents and schools.
Very tragic what happened to that poor lady. She survived the blitz only to be taken down by a gang of kids with too much time and freedom on their hands. I truly doubt they meant to kill anyone and perhaps now they are feeling some remorse for their pranks gone horribly wrong.
These kids might have a chance if you can instill some sense of pride in them and make them feel they are part of a community. The life of an 80 year old woman has been wasted. What are we going to do to make sure the lives of these young people aren't wasted as well?
Yobs or not, these kids are still the future of England.
Continued neglect will yield similar results.

edit on 24-9-2010 by Asktheanimals because: grammatical errors

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

But are you not condoning violence with violence? Their parents should be held to account for thier childen's actions. Jailing the parents would be sufficient. Flogging or Whiping is a little extreme is it not?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

This wouldn't happen if you had the second amendment rights that we do in the US.

One yob shot in the head and this malarke would stop as cold as that yobs worthless heart.

Gun laws only keep guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizen Criminals will still have guns.

I agree...England needs a right to bear.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

In fear, incase of reprisals or incase they are targeted next. Or if they do, do anything about it, is is them who is charged and arrested by the police. Its a complete farce to say the least.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
To be totally honest this is all going to far.

My thinking is (Male, 18 years old) if you take a life, You get your taken away from you. If your guillty without and question,

No Bail.
No Jail.

You should be taken out back and delt with.

I am sick to the back teeth with the these dickheads ruining our society.

I have known of people that have been charged for murder and given a life sentence, 7 years later they are out due to "good Behavior", back out with normal folk, ready to offend again.

Im sorry if it is a bit extreme, This is just my feeling.

Something needs to be done.

edit on 24-9-2010 by wackowillie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Poor woman, Nobody deserves to die that way and at that of time life, Hope these young bullys are rounded up by the local Police and prosecuted severely, As always there will be the "pack" leader who dreamed up this "joke"
Lets put him (or her) in with the big boys (girls) and get a few real facts of life...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Find the little scumbags and put them in the stocks. Then let the decent public exact some good old fashioned justice. Whatever happend to decency, honour and civility?

On the otherhand, if they think they are hard and tough, put them in uniform and post them to the front lines. Then we will see how tough these worthless pieces of s**t are.

God, these animals make me want to p**s blood.

edit on 24/9/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: As usual, spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Whenever something like this happens there seem to be quotes from neighbours who knew that someone's life was being made a misery.

Until communities do something themselves, this sort of behaviour will carry on unchecked.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to be the one to march up to the parents of these yobs and demand that they keep a tighter reign on their children, but unless people do that there is no hope.

Would it be too much to ask for concerned neighbours to walk along the road with vulnerable people and see them safely to their doors? If they did this, either the incidents would stop or any anti-social behaviour would be seen to be witnessed and the fear of it being reported might make the hooligans think twice.

Of course, people are afraid that they will become the next victim, but if enough of them made the effort to look out for the elderly and vulnerable, they could make their streets safer.

We can't keep seeing the elderly or mentally vulnerable killing themselves or dying as a result of the stress. And we all know about the incidences of family men being beaten to a pulp because they tried to stop vandalism to their homes and property - so no-one's safe.

Would a delegation of concerned, fit and assertive neighbours standing on their doorstep be enough to make parents think twice before letting their kids out?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Well said my friend Well said.

Who needs a second line?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

This is a good example of how violence can be used for good.. A freind of my dads was the last man in my area to recieve the cat of nine tales in my area (it was still done into the 1950's here).. He turned his life around qick smart after that!
When someone uses fear to intimidate an old lady then they should be paid back with their own weapon.. Backing down to bullies does not work, nor does soft soaping them, you stand up to them, put the fear of God into them, and teach them respect

CX

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I blame the government.

I blame the parents.

I blame the schools that are scared to even discipline kids from an early age for fear of pupil/parent action.

I blame those who cannot see that the law sides with the yob, not the innocent citizen.

I also read in the mail today about a guy who had his car covered in paint, and his tyres let down. The police wouldn't do anything as no crime had been commited. They said paint can be washed off, and tryes can be re-inflated.

I wonder if they'd say the same if it was their patrol car that was the target?

The reduction of police across the country will do nothing to improve the situation, it will just tip the lawabiding public's tolerance level over the edge.

I predict much more vigilante justice in the next few years, and sad as it feels to say it, i can forsee me seeing the inside of a police cell for it one day.

That really does gut me saying that. I'm an ex military copper, have never been in bother with the law, and i bring my kids up to be lawabiding and respectfull. To say that i'd imagine myself on the wrong side of the police one day, purely for doing the job they won't, it's just plain frustrating to say the least.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join