It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Mexicans" Were Here "Long Before America Was Even An Idea"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

That makes him a racist? I'd say it makes him sane, and representative of ALL of America, not just Fox's audience.

Fox's audience represents more of America than all the SCM (state controlled media) combined. You think any or many of that audience approve of what obama is doing - supposedly in their names? Check the polls to be re-educated if you do. Or wait until November and check those ressults.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

the same can be said for the left remember now it was patriotic to question everything gwb did and its unamerican to question everything obama does.

you actually should be afraid of the left more than anyone the right is vified for being fasicsts and this is a wrong assement in all reality for the simple fact when anyone thinks of fasicm they think of hitler.

hitler came to power by the manipulation of the german people because they thought that all their problems were the result of what other people have done to them.

so what did hitler do he created the villans and a people will unite when they have a common enemy it was all the "evil jews" that were all the sources of all their ills.

much like obama and the left has created villians the evil rich,banks,corporations,republicans,teaparties to create a villian so hated they are sub human and dont have the right to exist.

and thats the lefts mentality towards every single person on the right,rich,teaparty,corporations.

every single day in america the left assasinates the character and content of anything people say because they dont want you to ever hear the message.

now i ask you if that in keeping with any founding belief that we were founded on? no

murder and thoughts other than their own

it is the same things as fascsim and nazism.

and if we were all just so evil and we have been made out to be centurions is right you wouldnt be sitting there speaking right now.

you fear the right you should be watching the left

edit on 21-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

excuse me but NO REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR IT.

if it was their ideals why did none vote for it.

talk about revisionist history

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...all politicians pander for votes - so pandering for the hispanic vote is no big deal unless you're one of those paranoid "oh my god, they're gonna take over" nitwits...

Two examples of liberal elitism here.

First, pandering to potential voters with lies is OK- because the ruling liberal philosophy is "anything goes". It used to be called "the ends justify the means" when Lenin and Marx made it infamous.

Second, an example of the classic liberal viewpoint that anyone who doesn't agree with them is stupid, retarded, or in this case a "nitwit". Name calling is juvenile behaviour ...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

...all politicians pander for votes - so pandering for the hispanic vote is no big deal unless you're one of those paranoid "oh my god, they're gonna take over" nitwits...

First, pandering to potential voters with lies is OK- because the ruling liberal philosophy is "anything goes". It used to be called "the ends justify the means" when Lenin and Marx made it infamous.

Im sorry, whats the lie again? I must have missed it. Your argument about semantics and if he is referring to the State of Mexico or the Mexican 'people', or something even more vague.?

clearly he is 'pandering'. if you think it is 'pandering' to recognize a major portion of the population.

Second, an example of the classic liberal viewpoint that anyone who doesn't agree with them is stupid, retarded, or in this case a "nitwit". Name calling is juvenile behaviour ...

Fascinating equation. anyone who uses 'juvenile behavior' is a 'classic liberal'. Right. (Wasn't Jefferson a Classical Liberal?) Glad to see you had your hubris for breakfast.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

In a way, Amnesty for them would sort of benefit us, they would have to be paid just like any other american citizen minimum wages at the least, too many corporate interests will prevent this from happening, you can bet. They need their cheap labor so their pockets can stay fat, you know.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

excuse me but NO REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR IT.

talk about revisionist history

Such amazing logic.

Much of the dreaded Health Care bill was based DIRECTLY on ideas from other Republicans, including major parts of Bob Doll's Health care proposal from his 1996 Presidential campaign.

Revisionist history?

You dont remember the GOP's 1996 candidate for President?

Bob Dole Favors Common Sense, Free Market Health-Care Reforms Losing health insurance coverage or facing obstacles to obtaining such coverage is a real concern for many Americans. We need insurance reform -- but the answer is not a federal government takeover of the health care industry. Bob Dole supports consumer choice, open enrollment and portability of medical insurance. In 1994, Dole introduced a health care reform bill which had no price controls, no mandates and no taxes. The bill took on a common sense, free market approach to health-care reform, focusing primarily on insurance reform, while offering subsidies to help low-income Americans buy health insurance. As President, he will: * Seek ways to make health care more accessible and affordable for all Americans.

www.dolekemp96.org...

March 4, 2010 Bob Dole the former Senate majority leader for the Republican party has made statements that the GOP should support health care reform. After all the Republicans had a lot to add into the bill which all the way through the House and the Senate as it was being voted on and amended to include some of their wishlist points. Republicans favored tort reform to limit lawsuits against doctors and insurance companies, Republicans want limits on health care coverage for illegal immigrants, then they wanted no funding to go to abortions for women, and Republicans seemed to have received most of what they wanted but they still are blocking health care reform.

www.politicolnews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Well, because they took enough hand-outs from big insurance companies. Is that really not painfully obvious ot you?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

looks to me like just some R.I.N.O. just saying a bunch of crap to get elected

and see neither you or i actually know whats in the bill how can you sit there and tell me whose ideals are in it?

i know for a fact that you have not read the actual 2000 pages plus+ how many holes are in the bill to where they can just throw whatever the hell they want and it never even be voted on?

the only things you know are what some left wing media machine has told you.

there is a reason dole lost pretty obvious btw.

acutally no liberal would be caught dead taking any ideals from any republican if for no other reason the contempt they have for them.

the only purpose of this trash talk and websites like this is to deflect the issue and blame republicans for the trash they wrote and they WROTE IT .

its a brillant move blame someone else for what they wrote and VOTED ON but this is what the left does and always have done and will continue to do.

i see it for what it is shame you and others dont.

edit on 21-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I wish "WE THE PEOPLE" would just stop and take a deep breath.
I wish we would consider each others point of view.
I wish WE would stop all the complaining and work together to figure this mess out.
No genie in my bottle so I guess I can just forget those three wishes.
Let us take a moment and look at the BIG picture.
For just a second put your self in Mr. Obama's shoes.
You win the presidency by a land slide.
(Flash)
You feel in awe at the victory you just won.
(Flash)
You feel that the time has finally come.
The time of the Progressive.
(Flash)
The people in this country are finally ready for a "Fundamental change of America".
Is he helping matters any? Not in my opinion. But in his mind, with his ideology, he is doing the right thing.
The problem we have is the ones that voted for him.
Any research into the mans life before hitting the ballot box should have sent up red flags in most peoples minds. Unfortunately a lot of people just voted for the color of his skin and his "feel good" speeches.
These people have the right to vote but most do not take any pride in the ability.
They do not research.
They only see the ads on TV and that is all they go by.
We are on the fast track to a nanny state. All of those in favor of big government, HCR, and the other entitlements will be the main ones complaining in a few years.
There is no way a nation can survive with only 51% of its populace flipping the bill for the other 49% that don't pay federal income tax.
2) Reform Medicare, medicade, wall fare, and SS. Those who are able to work should be doing so. 3)Recall affirmative action and other laws/programs like it. They hold people back and do more harm than good.
4)20% of all political contributions should go into TV/radio ads that actually tell/teach people how the government works (or how it is SUPPOSED to work) remember "School House Rock" on Saturday mornings when we were kids?
5)Understand that We the People have let our founders and our dependents down.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Well.. technically SOME Mexicans ancestors were here before America was even an idea. Though I am certain this is not what Obama meant.. he basically laid out an ignorant blanket statement. Only 35ish% of Mexico is true "Native American" and they were indeed here before us. Or rather .. they were THERE before we were HERE lol .. the Northern Tribes and the tribes in Central/Yucatan are not the same ethnicity or culture.

Just more ignorance from the commander in chief.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

That makes him a racist? I'd say it makes him sane, and representative of ALL of America, not just Fox's audience.

Fox's audience represents more of America than all the SCM (state controlled media) combined. You think any or many of that audience approve of what obama is doing - supposedly in their names? Check the polls to be re-educated if you do. Or wait until November and check those ressults.

Alright, I was gonna stay out it until you dropped this fantastic bomb of ignorance -

FOX is the most mainstream of all the mainstream media, huge accomplishment, the most washed and most POP in the land.

State run media???

Like FOX???

Scott McClellan???

Oh the guy that was the white house spokes person

Making a distinction between journalists like Brit Hume and commentators like Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly, McClellan admitted that “certainly” the White House used Fox News talking heads as “spokespeople” with “a script”:

MATTHEWS: So, you wouldn’t use Brit Hume to sell stuff for them, but you’d use some of the nighttime guys?

MCCLELLAN: Yeah, I would separate that out, and certainly I, you know, they’ll say, that’s because they agree with those views in the White House.

MATTHEWS: Well, they didn’t need a script though, did they?

MCCLELLAN: No, well, probably not.

McClellan later told MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann that “it was done frequently, especially on high-profile issues” and that Fox often gave the White House “its desired results.” Current Press Secretary Dana Perino would only tell Olbermann, “I’m not aware of that.”

The ignorance should win you and award, bravoooo!!!

thinkprogress.org...

edit on 21-9-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

looks to me like just some R.I.N.O. just saying a bunch of crap to get elected

YOU are a RINO dude, you and your defense talk, Militarism, we need to fund the research to create the weapons of the future

Good lord

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Actually, Mexican people's ancestors were there before 1492. Many have just forgotten their ways because the Spanish ways were forced on them.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Is that different than Conservoelitism?

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”

Goebbels

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Presidents just follow orders (I am not 'excusing' his actions) This is just drama to get you sucked in and its apart of the social manipulation. Is getting your party in office really going to change things?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
back to obamas statement about mexicans being here before..............

thats clearly a falsehood for the simple fact wheres the proof? " mexicans" set foot in what would become as every single state including alaska and hawaii?

mexican ancestry is aztec, mayan,etc and built great cities etc and there are none here.

as far as i know they were not nomadic like the native americans were but then someone will come back and say native americans and mexicans interbred agian wheres the proof?

from my understandings of native american culture and aztec and mayan, there is no commonality between language or religious views.

obama is so smart we hear all the time its clear he isnt or he would be more making accurate statements.

feel free to correct me anyone,

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I watched that speech and heard Obama's words.

What I was amused with was he stated that the original (I'm paraphrasing here) revolutionists of the colonies were upset because they were "oppressed without representation".
The words in quotations are exactly what Obama said.

With no further explanation by the POTUS, I consider that he might be happy with oppression as long as the folks are represented in their oppression?

Mexicans living here before there was a US? Not hardly! Yes, aboriginal peoples living here, for sure. But they weren't Mexicans. They were Native Americans and they are still here, living in the southwest of the US. And my friends from there, the ones who can trace their lineage back to preSpaniards and other European invaders of their lands, are not any more welcoming to "Mexicans" who are now invading their lands than the Europeans before them.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think everyone in America who didn't belong here in the first place should
just get out.

Illegal immigrants have ruined this land. They have ruined the lifestyle.
They have taken from us who are here legally and they give nothing
in return. They just TAKE TAKE TAKE TAKE!!!

AND I"M SICK OF IT!!!!!!

GET OUT AND GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!!!!!

ftw....I'm Native American Chickasaw

and I'm jk

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Why is it the hate of the American people just bounces from one president to another and never gets to the root of the problem?

And that's exactly what the shadow government and their agents want people to do...all this Obama bashing is part of the psyop... make sure everyone keeps bashing the puppet while downplaying anyone who wants to address those pulling the strings.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

All of the south western states such as Texas, New Mexico,Arizona and California were previously owned by Spain making them Spanish colonies where Spanish was the primary language.

There were New World Spanish speaking inhabitants of today's Texas for example long before the US existed.

Technically, many of today's "Mexican-Americans" are descended from the people who were granted land in those territories by the King of Spain in the 1600's long before the United States had declared independence from England.

This is to whom Obama is referring to as "Mexicans" today who existed as a people before the formation of the Nation of Mexico. and apparently is trying to gain support from, today's spanish speaking Mexican-Americans.

Gaining support leading to votes IS part of his Job. But isn't that what ALL Politicians do ?

This sounds kind of like another lets start ranting about how much we hate Obama threads !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join